Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ehlimsron Narahsrin, the Champion of Ancient Ways
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=27568
27568, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ehlimsron Narahsrin, the Champion of Ancient Ways
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jun 1 10:53:29 2004

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Ehlimsron perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:237

27569, About time too
Posted by Ehlimsron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Took me 230 hours to realize I suck. One more skill.. one more spec.. one more legacy.. and I still got tooled. Oh well.

I knew a wood-elf warrior was a bad idea, but decided I'd try it anyway. Staff/spear gave me good defense, but no offense. Dagger... is deadly for you or your enemy. I took whirlwind of steel, and between the -10 dex manacles (which made it worthless) and the +str imperial power, my strengths were pretty much cancelled out. Whatever. I didn't do well, I got my ass kicked a lot. And then some. Especially by polearm specs. If I could do it again, I'd go staff/spear but ditch dagger for something else. I was planning on doing what Alysrith did, and I honestly don't know how she did it without legacies. Staff/spear and whip/flail would have been straight suicidal. Maybe it's because impale didn't suck when she had it.

It was fun. I don't see why people always complain about ganging and full looting, I found a lot of 1 on 1 fights in my 250ish hours, and there's worse things in cf than a full loot.

Thanks Lyristeon for giving me a goal and helping develop my character a bit. Thanks to whoever coded harvest, and wrote the echos too (suppose you deserve thanks for coding the Outlander cabal too eh). That makes things much easier. Though detect invis is a bit harder to gather than food.. it wasn't too bad. A lot of restrictions for what seems like too little benefit though. Compared to, say, Imperial powers and restrictions, Outlander seems to get shafted. But camo is damn nice afterall. Now if only we could barter one item for multiple items, I'd make another Outlander.

Thanks to you all for helping make CF what it is. With the sole exception of Kaplanov - you need to grow some balls. There's more to cf than not dying.

Not much to say about the other mortals. I tried to interact with a few of you, but my speech came out too.. dry. Less condescending than I had wished, without the character I wanted.

Blitzenturt, a shame I never could kill you. I'm not sure it's even possible, the second I bust out the daggers I'm eating aestericks. Sometimes I prepped and could win, but where's the fun in gathering preps for 30 minutes for a 30 second fight. For some reason I rather enjoyed it when you handed my ass to me on a silver platter.

To Outlander: Sorry I wasn't around more. My playing times are rather sporadic, and it's spring and all.

Everyone else, drop my a line if you want.

Eclinsan, Tichnicktil, Eschkitzko, and countless other sylvans/lowbie pkers.
27570, I didn't think you sucked
Posted by Baendraa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you fought pretty well actually. Used a wide range of skills from both specs. I also thought you geared well (at least to fight a necro). My plan was to blind you and then simply keep you fighting Lemath, but your spell resistance was too good.

Only thing I'd have changed is:

1. Don't talk smack until you have recovered from maladictions. Then talk away. I only came looking for you after the first engagement because you insulted me. As it was you cost me a considerable investment of copper that I wouldn't have spent had you not insulted me given that I didn't expect to be able to find you. Maybe that was your role, but it did get you killed, since you didn't wait until you were able to fight again.

2. Don't run to places that eat up movement so readily when scourged. Run somewhere else if you can. Anywhere but where you ran, really. Maybe you had no choice though.

3. Check your corpse. With the maladictions you stacked on us, I wasn't looting much, and nor was Lemath. Your stuff was pretty much left on the river. I sacced your bracelets because they were too effective (and I wanted to get them myself later), and likewise your potion to cure blindness, but it was still worth you getting what was left.

PS: I still think I could take you solo if I had to. ;) You could add that tell you sent me to cf's list of famous last words.
27572, I see point 2 was not by choice
Posted by Baendraa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
oh well.
27574, RE: About time too
Posted by Kelara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ack! I was trying to work my way up the ranks to help you. Sorry to see you go.
27575, Amazed.
Posted by Manden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I cannot believe how easily I owned you at your last death. It took absolutely no skill at all on my part: I'm completely dumbfounded. I wish this hadn't been the most in-depth interaction we had (at least that I can remember), because it wasn't really an interaction.

A long, long time ago I made a woodelf spear/dagger rager-scout and nearly the only kind words given to me by others were those along the lines of 'amazing dedication considering how much you sucked in combat'. Judging from your past characters, I would have thought you'd have done better than me, but, damn, woodelf warriors aren't the easiest.

In case it's not clear, I'm not trying to disrespect you or congratulate myself at all. I had to keep scrolling back up to the fight to see if there was something I missed to explain how it went. Sorry to be the straw that broke the camel's back.
27577, I liked you a lot.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could say that for the majority of your characters. Each character gets a bit more interesting in the rp and as far as sucking goes, your odds were usually not good so don't blame yourself. It's always tough for a new cabal and Outlander is starting to take care of it's own. Keep it up, you are on that border of doing something really special.
27591, So long, cousin
Posted by Zadatak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wondered what happened to you. I had a pretty good stretch of time away myself, and a bit sad to see we won't meet again. As someone who has played a few dagger specs, I was very sympathetic with your race choice. I think half of all the axes in Thera are made of iron <:(

Nice job, and see you in the fields.
27594, Well played
Posted by Sinopa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must say I was impressed, but towards the end I could tell you where becoming frustrated. Very few people where willing to fight you alone and I did recieve some hilarious tells about you. Hearing about you going into town and doing the impale and run thing on tribs was a laugh and I enjoyed hearing people complain. Regardless luck on your next and well played.
27598, Hi there
Posted by Evernstaine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were much better and much more useful as an invoker (Tichnicktil)
^_^ I sure liked your shields.

Too bad we didn't fight side by side as much as we did when we were sylvans together. You wondered off alone most of the time.

My experience with spear and dagger were probably the same as yours.
By the time I got what I wanted (impale, artery, hamstring, etc.) I was near death.

good luck with your next character
drop me a line if you feel like chatting
pjshyan@yahoo.com