Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Abbe the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=27244
27244, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Abbe the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 18 05:04:01 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Abbe perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:338

27304, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Abbe the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Golron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, I didn't realise you had con died. You were always fun to have around, and I kept looking for little things I could show you to make you kick some ass. My one defining moment (me being a warrior and all) is basically how you were instrumental, pardon the pun, in laying the smack down on blitz and tuamota and I think that other guy :P . You really made us kick some ass. I must say though, you did better then my first cabal'd char. He was a an equivalent of a scribe and I ended up deleting real early. Well done for sticking it out, plus changing cabals and all, hats off to you.

Luck with your next.

Golron
27271, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Abbe the Grand Mistress of Ar...
Posted by Mereacon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dammit, dead already? Mereacon here, the moody invoker that no one ever heard of. Yeah, thanks for all the time you saved my ass, and hope you don't get pissed at the direction I'm trying to get my character into, or, in other words, 'annoying gloomy guy who's always blaming himself and moaning about being stronger'. I think a bunch of people are pissed at me too...anyways, nice char, keep on trucking, and stay that way with your other characters.
27274, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Abbe the Grand Mistress of Ar...
Posted by Durendal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually liked you. I thought you were a very cool character. You never seemed really down to me. Just lacking confidence, and thats what Abbe was there for. To try and boost! Well you got a good char coming along there. Have some fun in the Fort!
27246, well i'm dead.
Well. That sure was a long character for me. I had a whole lot of fun with her. Thanks to everyone who I interacted with. You made Abbe a great char for me. Thanks to the Imms for talking to me when you did. Well I interacted with a lot of people, so just reply and i'll get back to you. I'll just say a few people from the top of my head.

Audriel: Abbe's closes friend. You always were there to help Abbe along, push her in the right direction whenever she needed it. You have a great char there, hope you keep on it. And keep the faith alive!

Celebrimbor: Another one of Abbe's friends. You rock. A very solid char there. Go kick some evil butt.

Amayara: I'm really glad you got purified. I really like your character, stick it all out to hero. You can get there.

Rouchevien(I think thats how you spell it): You helped me a load. re-quipping me and such. Keep on kicking butt. Your a good giant!

Linwe: We only really started talking when I was on 5 con or something, so we didn't get a lot of time to talk. But I really liked you from the start. Thanks for hanging out with me at the end.

Verv: I wish you didn't die!! Leave me to go exploring and dying alone! How could you! I really liked you a lot. Have fun with whatever you have now.

Hyuga: I enjoyed our talks at the Inn. Your a great felar. But strentch those paws of yours.

Nhiala: You helped me re-quip a couple times. I always thought myself more of a nuiscence around the Fort than a helper but oh well. You'll be a good captain. Lead them well. Kick some butt.

Vahletharien: You were a great elf. And a great friend for Abbe. When I was inducted into the Fort you sorta just went away. I wish you could have stayed. You are a good prophet and a role model for Abbe. Hope you come back the Light needs you! Thanks for our interactions.

Lariya: Thanks for those instruments you gave me a few times. It was fun running around with you a couple times. Boy I wish I could hit has hard as you. A great char. Keep on going.

Thenrek: Didn't interact with you much. But I liked the times we did talk. Nice solid character there. Keep on kicking butt.

Golron: My favorite dwarf. You sure are strong with those axes of yours. Remember to stock up on those teleportation potions. Need to change your ways! Your a great character. And an asset to the Fort. Keep on beating up those baddies!

Xalli: Had some fun talking with you a bit. I love your character very cool.

Asmorlos: You helped me out a lot of times. Thanks a lot. You have a nice character there. Keep on trucking.

Well my memory is a bit foggy for the rest of my friends. Just post me something and i'll write back!

Now for some of the baddies.

Blitzenturt: Well what can I say you killed me a lot. I hope I improved your PK ratio a bit. At least I sorta got you once. Even if it was with a whole lot of other people. Heh.

Laes: I liked you. And yet hated you heh. I was laughing there when were talked after you killed me. you've been around for a while. You always were annoying to get out of those damn shadows. I got you once though in the Battlefield. haha! One of about the 5 PK's i did get.

Nagesh: I had a bad couple days, I think I lost about 3 con just to you in two days. You just would pop in everywhere I was. It was very annoying! We had a couple good fights at the Nightwalker though. It was fun trading Spirit Breaker those couple times heh.

A couple other Scions and Empire I don't really remember. A couple nice fights and such. I hope I improved your inventories and pk ratios a bit.

Well its late and i'm tired. Just give me a post and i'll reply or something. Thanks to everyone for making Abbe fun till the very end. Thanks a lot. See ya's in the fields.
27247, RE: well i'm dead.
Posted by Ghroth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You forgot me...Guy gets you into a cabal through sheer persistance and you forget him. Even GIVES you his first and most cherished instrument! See if I do anything for Abbe again! Oh... right you're dead. Well welcome to the otherside. Were still pouring drinks and tossing stones at Soucivi locked in her poor little room. Come join us.

On a serious note, I don;t know about the other Heralds, but I liked you. Yo brought fire to a sometimes doldrum(sp?) day. You were no Sastine of course *cough* brownie points *cough* but you were a lot of fun. I'll miss you as Ghroth and in other personas.

~Moiz~
27275, RE: well i'm dead.
Well that was a long time ago! I was a Herald at the 17th title! You were a really cool character, I liked you a whole lot. And I kept that flute for a long time. But well, you cant keep it forever now can you! Well I was sad to see you go.

I better write about a couple old Heralds.

Soucivi: I really liked coming up and visiting you. I enjoyed our talks a lot. I wish I could have come and talked to you once more. But ah well. You are a really cool character, have some fun up the Immland. I hope you unlocked that chest! And keep on making those steaks of the others! That made me laugh so hard!

Sastine: Well we had some fun. You always were a mother type figure to Abbe. And she loved you a lot. She was sad when you left. But wasn't in her nature to linger too long about it. Well it was a long time ago. I hope your having fun with whatever your doing now.

Qirinor: Well you were my only husband. And we had a lot of fun running around together. And doing stuff. You taught me a lot about the game. Thank you for that.

Well i'm sure i'm still forgetting people. So just post and i'll reply.
27250, Apologies about Galadon.
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But that was Arthakar's vile personality you saw in action there. I can easily imagine how much it must have sucked for you as Abbe's player however, especially given the circumstances you were in at the time. Here's to hoping that you don't hold too great a grudge.

27276, RE: Apologies about Galadon.
Well yea it sure did suck a bit. But thats who you were. An annoyance. But couldn't be helped. Make a nice goodie to even your evilness out!
27251, Bye
Posted by Laes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well played. While it was obvious you are a newbie, you played it well. Characters like yours add alot to the game. I've been with you much more than you suspected :-) A shame you've joined the Fortress. I planned to lure you to the Dark Side. Ah well. Good luck with your next character.

Laes
27277, RE: Bye
Haha yea i am. First Hero and first cabal character actually. I always suspected that I had a follower at times. Made me look over my shoulder a lot! Fortress was the life for Abbe. You got me a good few times. I actually liked you. Even though we were enemies. Ever since you gave me that chest at the Inn the first time I saw you. Thanks a lot. Hope your having fun with Laes.
27273, RE: well i'm dead.
Posted by Audriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew this was coming. I was a bit irate with Team Evil at times for killing you repeatedly, but they're doing their jobs and this sort of experience will make you better.

I had been crossing my fingers for your promotion. Since you changed cabals and adopted a new religion in mid-stride, it was probably harder for you than others.

I would have made it a point to post more Acolyte propoganda, and solicit more people, being a bard and all. This is all academic, anyway. I think you had the system down by the time your CON was low. If only you had survived longer!

I remember one incident where you had put Laes to sleep, and then you basically nuked him with fire & ice. While he probably deserved it, it may have been a perfect RP opportunity for you. Instead, you MIGHT have had a chance at promotion if you notified the cabal:

'cb I seem to have put Laes to sleep on eastern road, just west of the large crossroads. However, please do NOT harm him, for we all know how awful that would be. It would be great if all five of you marans came quickly to gather round him and offer your helpful prayers, as per usual.'

I'm kidding, obviously. Anyway, you were always a great sport. I often saw you multi-killed or ganked, and you just shrugged off each incident with a smile. We're a bit short on that level of positivity these days. That attitude will get you far in this game.

Love ya

Audriel
27278, RE: well i'm dead.
Well yea, Abbe was all about being positive a lot. I thank you a lot. You helped Abbe become what she was and you helped me as a player learn a lot. Thanks for your kind words. You have a great char happening and a great asset to the Fort. You make a great Acolyte. Make the Kara Chal live again!
27290, My bit is down below.
Posted by Glilanthis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
posted on the wrong thing second time today.
been on very limited cf time lately, so I
was reading from the bottom up. Won't do it again :)

I have to agree with whoever(audriel?) said about you shrugging off
death. keep that up with your next. :)
27295, RE: well i'm dead.
Posted by Qirinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First, I'm sorry that I went and deleted without saying goodbye. That wasn't very husbandly of me. However, I'm glad that I did, if only to get that svirf of a monkey off your back so you could go hero. I wish I could've been there to see it happen, but I had been ready to delete Qirinor for a while, and it wasn't worth hanging on. That said, I'm glad I could teach you a few things, and I'm proud to hold the distinction of being your only husband. I did enjoy our time together, especially when I was running around finding neat things for you and your groupmates.

This is getting way too long. I'll sum it up.

Congrats. And good luck. See ya' in the fields.
27299, I hope you learned something.
Posted by Zavin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
OOC'ish I felt really bad killing you all those times, because it was evident you were a newbie(atleast to the bard class). But mad respect for picking yourself up again, after all those slaughters. Friendly tip from your neighborhood evil invoker: If your enemy is taking hits and injures max and isnt very hurt, and your under half health, don't fire and ice, flee and quaff.
27388, RE: I hope you learned something.
Yea I learnt a lot. Thanks and yea I am new.I usually just thought, ah hell, i'm gonna die here anyway, might as well try and hurt him in the process. I never actually usually carried around potions, not in my style to run. even though I did a number of times. But ah well. IC i hated seeing you around. Especially when we had the scepter. I knew you would get it back. I just though ah hell, i'm gonna try and get you! Your a beast. I wish you were on my side sometimes.
27307, RE: well i'm dead.
Posted by Blohrt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Blohrt sorry Abbe go. Blohrt keep mug with Abbe special brew always. Shifty make letter Blohrt apply. Sorry Abbe no be there see Blohrt and shifty. Also sorry Audriel elf no see Abbe. Blohrt like Audriel elf.

OOC: You were always nice and helpful, and a good friend to a giant that took his share of lies and beatings. It's not easy playing the role I wrote for Blohrt, but hey, I can get into that soon enough when I con die too. *hehe*
27387, RE: well i'm dead.
I really wish we had interacted more. I really liked your character. It was a load of fun with you. I hope you don't con-die too soon! Get into the Fort at least please! Bash up some of those baddies! Good luck with him! Hang in there. The tough ones are the rewarding ones.
27310, Damnit all to hell. I TOLD you to stop dying!
Posted by Celebrimbor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was standing in the under part of Mortorn. You want to press on. I say "Abbe, this isn't smart." You say "Verv and I used to do this all the time." I say "Didn't you both die a lot?" You laugh, push on, and we both die in under 60 seconds.

You were a giant magnet for death, and anyone standing near you would get sucked in too. God that could be fun at times. Annoying at others. Good luck on the next.
27386, RE: Damnit all to hell. I TOLD you to stop dying!
Well I always had fun. That was the biggest thing for me. I never did care about my set, or being looted really. Sure it got annoying but it only takes 10 minutes to find some stuff. But that time in Mortorn sure did teach us a lesson. Don't try and fight Grazzur! Heh. He sure is a beast. Well anyway, good luck to Celebrimbor.
27330, RE: well i'm dead.
Posted by Sastine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I found it interesting that you left Herald for Fortress late in life (and actually got in). I think that leaving a cabal is one thing, but joining a new cabal late in your character's life just shows poor rp. 'Course I wasn't there, so it's a general opinion.
27345, RE: well i'm dead.
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think she can defend herself BUT...

I think what she did represented excellant roleplay, unlike some people who do what she did.
From what I understand, the Inn made a peace treaty with the empire which essentially denied Abbe the right to stand for her beliefs and defend the innocent and her friends. She wasn't willing to deny her beliefs, that wouldn't be true to herself, so she had to leave Herald. Fortress allowed her to exercise her beliefs much more fully. At least, this is what I understand from my VERY brief conversation with her.
27384, RE: well i'm dead.
Well i told anyone who asked the reason why i left. And my reason was what Splntrd said exactly. Thanks for that.
27333, Thanks for the scroll!
Posted by Alarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Easiest time I've *ever* had getting a bard do a scroll, thanks! No payment required, no days of editing, I just asked and was suprised to find it out there in like a day.

Thanks again.
27385, No worries.
I wrote notes out to people for anyone who wanted it really. Those notes for Fungor took a while to write up. So when I could write a nice short one it was a relief. I never actually thought it would be RP'able to charge for writing it. So I never accepted payment for any of my notes. Well hope you get some pouches out of out. Who is that grand master anyway?

Luck with Alarian.