Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [HERALD] Verv Remie the Frolicsome Maker of Fantastical Dolls, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=26727
26727, (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Verv Remie the Frolicsome Maker of Fantastical Dolls, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 1 05:33:11 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Verv perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:535

26901, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Verv Remie the Frolicsome Maker of Fantastical Dolls, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Mixi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun. You and Prol died all the time with me. Don't think we ever grouped without it. Thanks for the statue, got the log and will post it later .. perhaps.

Mixi
Mixi makes a small crystal statue say 'From me as well!'.
26830, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Verv Remie the Frolicsome Maker...
Posted by Verv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess it's kind of obvious that I wasn't *really* trying to hero. And I'm sorry if au fait thinks that con-dying before I heroed made me incompetent as the leader of Herald. I'll just have to do better next time.

Anyway...

Arthakar: I would never say it but you really scared the everloving crap out of her. I decided to be a good sport and make you that doll just because it was a pretty odd request. However, I didn't think your method of payment was quite top notch. ;)

Vlad: Each of your incarnations never ceased to amuse me, either.

Minya: I really appreciate all the support you gave me when I was trying to cool things down with the Empire. You were a good friend and I was disappointed to see you go.

Soucivi: You never got to smite me. Neener neener.

Withsworry: Our marriage was fun. It's too bad you deleted so soon. I never took off the wedding ring.

Shazirah: Thank you for the egg hunt prizes. I'm sorry I died so much. I'll get the hang of not doing that eventually, I swear.

Lyristeon: You cracked me up when you showed up at that event for order. I think you proved your point quite well.

Miaree: We tricked 'em good. I'm still not sure I made such a great male, though. You were one of my best friends and I kinda regret not hanging out with you a little more.

Qirinor: Curmudgeon! I'm pretty sure I told you absolutely no dying, EVER. And you go and delete anyway. Shame on you.

Soniel: Yet again, I apologize for dying. I like your attitude and I think you'll make a fantastic Herald.

Vronwei: What was it I used to call you? Never mind. You were delicious.

Pkangarri: Half the fun of you was deciphering what the heck you were saying all the time. I'm sorry I had to get all authoritative that day with you and Abbe even though you both meant no harm, but I didn't feel like having a bouncer eat anyone.

Verios: Sorry about kicking your puppy. ;)

Anyone else who didn't get a reply, I probably didn't interact with you enough to form much of an opinion. But if you ever got purred on, you know you were someone pretty special. I only purred people I liked.
26865, How could you forget Abbe!
Posted by Durendal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Come on Verv! How did you forget me. How many times did we die together! Now those were the days. I really liked you. Us two old hags out there dying to everyone. Sorry I couldn't get you hero'ed wish I could have. Well i really enjoyed interacting with you, you kept Abbe alive for a long time there. well the Heralds sure are gonna miss you. Even if i'm not one anymore. I'm gonna miss ya to. Good luck on your next and such. Drop me a line if you can be bothered at Thor987@hotmail.com. I'm sure your gonna hero soon enough! See ya in the fields.
26867, RE: How could you forget Abbe!
Oh, nonsense. I didn't forget you. I was only replying to the people who had already posted. You and I got each other killed -too- much. It was fun, though. I was sorry that you wanted to be uninducted, but I wish you luck with whatever you do next with Abbe.
26874, RE: How could you forget Abbe!
Posted by Durendal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, Heralds was and still is a whole lot of fun. But well being called stupid by an Immortal of the Heralds isn't well...encouraging. But well hey I needed a change of scenery anyway. Heralds is just like a family. Well best of luck with whatever you roll up next. Try not to die so much next time.
26877, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Verv Remie the Frolicsome Maker...
Posted by That Thent Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done.
Very likable character, and your death in Shadar really tore Thent up inside. He liked you imensly, even if he didn't show it, and both ic and ooc I am sad to see you die.
Again, great job. Your energy for the char was admirable.
Thent
26881, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Verv Remie the Frolicsome Maker...
Posted by Par...ick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey verv, just wanetd to say hey i didnt get to hero either.. i con died too.. lol.. i think you got closer than i did though... think i only made it to lvl 46.. ahh well.. it was nice knowing ya .. and now parick and verv get to dine in the after life.. nice times i did have with you
26728, Ahem.
I think I did pretty well for a person who's STILL never had a hero character. Cabal leader and all that.

I honestly walked into this completely blind. It was fun, though. I was just insane enough to keep myself from having a dull moment with this character. When things got boring, I'd go out and beat up monkeys and make mischief. Things did get pretty boring toward the end. I guess I spent the last few hours contemplating deletion since I knew it was that or con die. Instead I opted to wander around in dangerous areas under the pretense of being bored and wanting to explore them.

I didn't have much of a role. And the war with the Empire really ####ed with what little role I did have.

A big thank you goes out to the IMM (Shazirah, Arvam?) who gave me the con quest, even though I never asked for one. It was hilarious and I know I wouldn't have made it quite this far without it.

As for all the folks I interacted with, I'll give you my individual thoughts as you give me yours.

Formerly: Altiniel
I just like Herald, I guess. ;)
26729, Thanks for that lovely doll.
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good squeeze as well.

Arthakar.
26730, I really wish this hadn't happened
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your character, and thought you were completely ####ing nuts. Like, you have to have a good deal of OOC insanity to play a character like this. Good job on being a flake.
26731, RE: Ahem.
Posted by Z on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being heartless IC is hard for myself (and not getting any easier) but even my character was touched by that depressing scene on the mountain. Fighting undeads seems to be the most dangerous way to rank at any level, anyway. You were a very good Herald from what I saw and I bet you will get to 51 on your next char. See you in the fields.
26733, RE: Ahem.
Posted by Minya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job. I know what you mean about liking Herald, I've had a few myself. Not so sure I'll have another. You were a great High Herald and I liked what you were trying to do with Empire. Wouldn't have wanted to be in your shoes. Altiniel was fun, too, by the way. Good luck on your next.
26735, Foo
Posted by soucivi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, furry old cat. You were fun, and I enjoyed your company. Your rp was lots of fun, I still have some of your dolls. It was nice to see Al come...as a furball though? Good luck on whatever you dredge up next time.

Soucivi Daneloth
soucivi@carrionfields.com
26739, hrm
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I couldn't do more for you with Withsworry, really didn't intend to drop out of things like that...

I loved Verv, she was very enjoyable, always willing to help a stray duergar or an idiot storm giant or two. You always seemed to be having fun with the character, and that's the whole point of the game, right? Look forward to seeing you in a new reincarnation sometime, keep up the fun factor!
26741, Booooooooo!
Posted by Shazirah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character a lot, even though it caused me no end of frustration (and amazement)
at your ability to die. I thought you handled inductions well and you weren't afraid to set a
higher standard then a lot of our leaders have had in the past. I wish we could've kept you
around longer, but that's the way it goes. Herald thrives on repeat players it seems like, so I
hope it won't be long before you find yourself back at the Inn.

-Shaz!
26785, hmmm
Posted by au fait on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't you think it's a little pathetic that any Immortal says "Herald thrives on repeat players it seems like, so I hope it won't be long before you find yourself back at the Inn"? Especially about a player that couldn't ever hero with leader constitution AND a con quest? Of course it's not all about being a hero, especially in the Herald cabal, but you should at least choose capable leaders now and again.
26786, Ummm
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never saw anything from Verv that made me think they shouldn't be the leader. In fact, the way they brushed themselves off time and time again is one of the best leader qualities there is. Especially in a cabal that is not about the kill.
26803, RE: hmmm
Posted by Hysh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No, heroing isn't the point of the game. Nor is being the penultimate pk'r. We've seen heroes and good pk'ers delete on a single death or after losing a cherry set none of that defines their contribution to their cabal or the game. How do you define capability? Honestly in my eyes, your post is more pathetic and pointless than the characters who've led Herald to my memory.
Unless you've got a valid point beyond the obvious that you think everyone should have the same criteria or benchmark as you with regard to what's not pathetic, spare us your keen insight.
26746, Crud
Posted by Miaree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everyone I know (or used to know) is going to be dead soon, ugh.
Something about Verv just made me like you right from the start,
guess it was your happy-go-lucky attitude, though you should've
stopped dying so much, it was painful to watch sometimes. :P

Good luck and thanks for the fun.
26753, RE: Ahem.
Posted by Qirinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What are you doing all dying without heroing first, silly? Sheesh. I knew Verv would show up soon. I was happy to see you get HH because I knew you were low on con, and I was really hoping you'd hero. I tried my best to get you to hero with Qiri, but you managed to keep yourself just below my group range when I was playing most. The rest of the time, I was either lighting you on fire, or rescuing you from zombies.

I thought Verv was fantastic. I liked Tinny, too. But Verv was something special. You made me laugh more than any char I've had the pleasure to come across. More than any other char, you're the one that kept me coming back. I'm still yet to start playing another; I guess I'm afraid I won't have as much fun as I did with Qirinor. I know that's not true, because the Vervs'll come back in some incarnation and make it enjoyable all over again.

Good job, good luck, and I hope to see you in the fields.
26754, Drats
Posted by Elijsie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wanted to hero that day on the mount, but things just didnt work out. Even though We walked back to the Inn and I got 2 tankards, even then I really liked you (and usually I dont like alot of people quickly). Hope you have fun on your next and hero them!
26756, Herald is great! Thanks for the doll. nt
Posted by Audriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
26761, Dam
Posted by Sinopa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate how this is happening, anyone that Sinopa ever gets even somewhat close to goes and deletes! Anyways I liked traveling with you, that time on Kiadana was an accident. I liked Altiniel too and any herald thats also an assassin is impressive (I don't know why it just is to me). Anyways good luck on your next.
26762, why Verv? why!!
Posted by lithius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you wench! you have no idea how badly I wanted one of you dolls!

ah well. I suppose these things happen. I'm glad you had fun, and too bad we didn't get to know each other better. I'm sure it would have been interesting to say the least.

until next time.
26765, What a jip
Posted by Soniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I may be one of the new heralds but you sure were fun to hang around with. I wasn't aware of how low you're con was, and this a big shock to me. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, and do me a favour, don't get killed in the fields.

P.S. Damn you, I'm a slave with no master.
26769, *chuckle*
Posted by Vron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I only sorta knew Altiniel, didn't have a clue you were Verv as well. Was always fun to bump into you in the assassins guild or in the inn until you'd chomp on me. ;) Was a fun character that kept the game from being too overly serious, those kinds of characters are a big part of why CF is any fun to begin with all things considered. (Luckily some of the Imm's likewise fall into this category.) Good luck with the next and thanks for the laughs.
Vronwei the Chomped Chicken
26772, Yuggah!
Posted by Pkangarri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pkan enjoy deh interaction and deh action. Sorry you had to leave so fast. VERY VERY VERY WELL PLAYED. buh-bye!
26800, RE: Ahem.
Posted by PapaJoeCF on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hey. sorry to see you go. not-me really liked you from the get go. dunno what it was, just did. but as he grew away from the inn, so did he grow away from you. memories of the inn had turned him sour towards it, and seeing as you were pretty much the only living member of the heralds that was around when he still frequented the inn, he really had a fascination with killing you. but this was right about the time you stopped showing up so frequently, so, no opportunity came around. hope you had fun with this one, and good luck on the next. hope you finally see the 51st rank with the next.

Verios
A.K.A. Not-Me
26876, Crap
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Verv, I thought she was pretty cool. You improved a lot since Altiniel in terms of RP. Good job going all out with the decorater/doll thing, most people really don't do as much with that.

Wow. You sure knew how to die though. A lot. I was hoping that con quest would get you to live a bit longer, but man. Hopefully you'll learn the ropes a bit better so you can make it all the way without leaving a trail of bodies in the process. Don't worry, we all gotta start somewhere. Good job all in all.