Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectTwo things, then
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=26523&mesg_id=26626
26626, Two things, then
Posted by Dead Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One, you got me once with this tactic, as I said. I'd never seen it before, and I was bewildered to be spamming "aff" and "inv" and suddenly see "You begin trusting blah blah." I didn't know what the hell was going on. Puzzled, I typed in "trustall," but before I could hit enter I'd been hit with aristaeia. I *still* didn't quite get it, until the gank began and I realized I couldn't flee (duh). Would I have been caught by this again? Maybe not, but it only depends on whether I can toggle an aspect of my character's "auto" configuration faster than you can recite your scroll. Which leads to the second thing...

This IS an aspect of my character's configuration. I realize it's called "trust" and sounds like an IC thing, but it's in the game specifically to keep people from screwing with your character in inappropriate ways. Healers can't remove curses on your weapons, a guy you're about to kill can't recall you, and you can't get hit with offensive buffs with unfortunate side effects intended to balance their use (not to be used as a tool on an unsuspecting target).

Why can you "suggest" something to a sleeping person, anyway? Ugh.