Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oeretai the Master of Steel
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=26076
26076, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oeretai the Master of Steel
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Apr 6 18:07:10 2004

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Oeretai perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:91

26081, Damn
Posted by Gremnosh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why'd you delete? Liked your style, all out offensive.
26083, Sorry hombre...
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oeretai just wasn't a 'fun' character to play. I just couldn't close the gap between the reality of how I was rp'ing him and the idea I had in my head. He just was 'too nice' without anything to make him particularly stand out. I realized that essentially I was making another, watered-down Storm giant Tcatama, and that's not what I wanted to do. Rather than throw good energy after bad, I deleted. I like to keep my characters all unique, so when I noticed I was in the cookie cutter, I cut my losses. I like to think I was a decent addition to the fortress, but at this point in my cf career I don't want to just stick with decent.

For the record, I also felt that storm giants fall a bit short of the mark. They look good on paper, but their empathetic rp is a bit blah if you try to follow it. I just can't be that nice! I did, however, try to reference my giant heritage quite a bit and let people know I was a storm giant, and not just a really tall human.

Hope this clears it up. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

-Enb
26084, RE: Sorry hombre...
Posted by Barion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you played a Storm Giant well, sort of like the loud obnoxious Caramon that we all know and love from Dragonlance. I certainly saw no problems with your roleplaying. Still, it is a smart move to cut it if your not having fun. Cheers though.