Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Demedrosoru the Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=25330
25330, (AUTO) [None] Demedrosoru the Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 9 06:44:07 2004

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Demedrosoru perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:162

25339, Hehehe
Posted by Etarekoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I bet Ktengs was the last place you would have expected to get assassinted in :P I never did figure out why you chose to hunt scions *shrug*.

Etarekoth.
25332, RE: (AUTO) [None] Demedrosoru the Spectre
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So you gave up after all.

I already miss all the venting, the swearing and the cursing. But try and control your temper better and show more patience next time. You never know what happens the next day.

I had much fun alongside Demedrosoru, be it ranking or hunting other players. His deletion is a loss.
25334, I never did understand why you helped him
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You said you were helping him against me because you needed powerful allies. Yet you were helping him against someone 9 ranks lower than him who had defeated him. Surely you'd do better to have helped the victor if you wanted powerful allies?

Don't blame you for helping him. Just I didn't really follow the reasoning. Maybe you felt some affection for him or something.
25335, RE: I never did understand why you helped him
' You said you were helping him against me because you needed powerful allies. '

I do not recall saying something of that nature to anyone, honestly. But even if I did, remember that from my character's point of view this would have happened well over 12 years ago now. Life has changed him quite a bit since then.

' Yet you were helping him against someone 9 ranks lower than him who had defeated him. '

My character has a rather malevolent personality, and is nothing short of a murderer. If you seek to understand the why behind him harming other beings, whether alone or alongside a dark sorcerer, you usually do not need to look any further than this. There are great exceptions to this little Rule of Thumb however.

' Surely you'd do better to have helped the victor if you wanted powerful allies? '

My character wanting powerful allies is an assumption on your part. What has recently become my character's true motivation and belief remains a well kept secret to the outside world.

' Don't blame you for helping him. Just I didn't really follow the reasoning. Maybe you felt some affection for him or something. '

Feel free to interact with me in the game when you see me there, and ask my character about what possessed him to do the things that he did. While I love interacting with other players (with perhaps one or two exceptions), I cannot guarantee you will get friendly response from _him_ however. But you sound like you may know this already.
25336, it's not a current char of mine
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>' You said you were helping him against me because you needed
>powerful allies. '
>
>I do not recall saying something of that nature to anyone,
>honestly. But even if I did, remember that from my
>character's point of view this would have happened well over
>12 years ago now. Life has changed him quite a bit since
>then.
>

It was a long time ago.

>' Yet you were helping him against someone 9 ranks lower than
>him who had defeated him. '
>
>My character has a rather malevolent personality, and is
>nothing short of a murderer. If you seek to understand the
>why behind him harming other beings, whether alone or
>alongside a dark sorcerer, you usually do not need to look any
>further than this. There are great exceptions to this little
>Rule of Thumb however.
>

I was outside of your pk though. You were just scouting for him, and he was in your pk.

>' Surely you'd do better to have helped the victor if you
>wanted powerful allies? '
>
>My character wanting powerful allies is an assumption on your
>part.

OK. It's what you told me. But I can accept that it might not have been true.

> What has recently become my character's true motivation
>and belief remains a well kept secret to the outside world.
>

Well, in my case it's not surprising since my current character has never interacted with you. It was my previous character that did (albeit that character still exists in case I ever feel like exploring a death-trap riddled area or something before he autodeletes).

>Feel free to interact with me in the game when you see me
>there, and ask my character about what possessed him to do the
>things that he did. While I love interacting with other
>players (with perhaps one or two exceptions), I cannot
>guarantee you will get friendly response from _him_ however.
>But you sound like you may know this already.
>

Unfortunately, my current character has no reason to interact with you, so to be asking this sort of question of you ic would be bad rp on my part. Thanks for the response anyway. I was only asking out of idle curiousity.
25337, RE: it's not a current char of mine
' You were just scouting for him, and he was in your pk. '

I certainly seem to have given you the impression that I was doing something for Demed that was not beneficial to you. But from what I remember of those days, I was most likely there to meet up with him to go ranking in the Organia area.

He did have this lovely habit of suddenly summoning people that entered the area we were in, including cities protected by Tribunal, and in 99% of the cases without warning me in advance. This is probably how I appeared to be involved, and also how I effectively got involved in a few other instances. Good memories, but at the time I was not always quite as enthusiastic.

' OK. It's what you told me. But I can accept that it might not have been true. '

If it were true, my character would have accepted the offer of the high priest a long time ago.
25331, damn
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was after killing you that I had to go on holiday for a week, and lost the gear I took from you to the hoarding code.