Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thorogarn the Keeper of the Glade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=25264
25264, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thorogarn the Keeper of the Glade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Mar 5 21:09:44 2004

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Thorogarn perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:200

25265, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thorogarn the Keeper of the Glade
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

=I got a good deal of the, why are you attacking me, .. Just because i'm a wood-elf race, has nill
to do with anything. Its like every storm giant or
elf I killed was appauled that I wasnt at their back helping them do whatever it is they wanted to do.

Thorogarn was a chaotic, hermit of a ranger, and didnt take well to goodly races because he felt they were too self-rightous of themselves, storm giants and elves particularily.

I joined outlander when I discovered it was a new cabal, being that my goals and its seemed to coincide. 200 hours though... not even a title or anything, maybe I just dont know how to get it Maybe because I didnt have a role.

I play for my entertainment, not an Immortals, I dont use roles because its entirely a command, I feel, is for the immstaff. Well, thats what snoop is for, and to the tribunal Imm, as usually, another character gives you a hefty ---- You, hypocrite lying pigs.

Anyways, This character was a good deal of fun for a while, but personally It's too hard for me just yet to compete in 40+ ranks. I'm either regearing, or just going along with basics. I had a hard time keeping sets because I either made a good deal of mistakes, or just go screwed, or.. wel lost. I lost A decent amount, more than won in the later ranks anyhow.

Outlander is a lot of fun, but seems like a whole
lot of enemies too. Its pretty depressing when you have eight hero imperials or near hero raiding and your solo just sitting there. Well at least I killed one of you as you were leaving and no one got me. Haha

I feel I kept to my role the whole time pretty much, wheter someone realized my intentions or not, but yeah, I just died again, and of course the full loot of the most mediocre pieces of armor. role or not, Im just sick of gathering #### every other friggen hour.

I just cant compete in the higher ranks.

See you in the mid 20's/30's
*Evil Grin*

Same post I put on dio's more or less.
Since on this page, for the majority of the
immstaff, I give my thanks for the mud and its
freeness, and glad you guys are out theree.

Quick pro/con of class imho

Con==Pugil, dont know what tweak was done, but i think
its worthless considering how often it lands
opposed to serpent strike.

Pro, Great class, love all the skills and spells,
other than pugil I have no complaints. Thanks again.
25267, Re: Pugil
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pugil hasn't been touched in a long time. Was your previous character a staff-spec warrior? They're a lot better than rangers (and a world better than magi, etc.)at that.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
25268, been a long time since i played a staff spec but
Posted by Rogue guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a ranger, or any class, with 100% in the skill for as
long as it was, Pugil was a slot machine skill to use,
and seemed to work maybe half the time.

My argument, spec or not, a ranger that not only
has a main weapon base with a staff, creates staff,
imbue's staff, and still misses half the time,
I honestly just quit using staff's and pugil
altogether after this mid 30's. I'm not saying
you guys f'd up the pugil skill, but I am saying
for a ranger, who does all the nifty stuff he
does for his homeade weapon, it was suprisingly
unreliable as a skill. Granted I could do more damage
with a one round serpent skill consistently compared
to pugil.

If anything, imho belive a ranger should be more
adept at staffs than a staff spec warrior.

warriors use weapons to their benefit, rangers weapons
that they can fashion they should, in the spirit
of the mud and balance per se?? Should know
that weapon better than anyone else.

Either way, I loved the class and loved
the abilities.

Pugil is still, and will be until a change,
my only complaint though. I'm sure im not alone there,
but you do what you do, and know this stuff better than
I, so... up to you of course.
25270, I would never use staff
Posted by Xaannix- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as a ranger. Only reason to use it is if you are a weak race. I wouldn't use spear either. If youre looking for killing power and mad damage really fast, go with dual axes. For rangers, i dont like weak races specifically because they cant wield decent axes. Dexterity i can do without 23/24, wilderness familiarity helps you in the woods quite a bit and you only have to concentrate on offense/lag unless you are fighting giant sword specs or ragers. Dont even bother with pugil. I only practiced staff so i could parry it better i guess. Around hero, i might wield a staff for tanking, thats about it....or I have no other weapon.
25271, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thorogarn the Keeper of the Glade
Posted by Velkurah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and to the tribunal Imm, as usually, another character gives you a hefty ---- You, hypocrite lying pigs.

What's that supposed to mean?

25278, the flags?
Posted by Thorogarnguest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had time and again where I get a flag, and will die/lose
gear over eventually, for wrong reasons. I get wanted, i get killed, i get wanted again without committing a crime because of something I
did before being wanted... Whatever happened to that Double Jeopardy
stuff? Not even five minutes after Optumkiptum got me while afk
in organia, I die, get like maybe 3 pieces of armor, and Odrirg
signs in, warrants me for something that happened before I was wanted the first time, and flags me.

Be it that, or kelrizza wanting Vly for listening in on conversation
and only removing the flag because vanish landed and I survived,
or being booted from Tribunal because of a wrong warrant when
I have been on the recieving end of it a lot lately and everyone
so far seems to stay tribunal or keep a title.

I quit playing Tribunals a while back because the slightest mistake
and the Imms would boot me, for it a week later, when I wasnt even
logged in... and now at least to me, it seems other people get away with it.

Short end of the stick..bad luck?... Dunno, I have just come to
hate the spire and its rp. Yes, I think it's gotten a bit more
life than the days of Bria and Niryaza, but I'm sick of seeing
people get away with shady ####, and every character i've played
for the Spire... almost every, has to ask you to take it out
so he can poop.

At least it's encouraging me to play Outlanders even more so, finally get some neat powers and what not.

And yes... that was a whine, but i've just had too much
bad luck and feel like I got shafted is all.
25279, I dont hate you guys just got shafted a lot is all so you know nt
Posted by thorogarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
25300, Let me clear up a few things.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I joined outlander when I discovered it was a new cabal, being that my goals and its seemed to coincide. 200 hours though... not even a title or anything, maybe I just dont know how to get it Maybe because I didnt have a role.

Your charactter was 200 hours old, you had less than 50 as an Outlander. Very few characters get a non religious title within that time frame. I didn't see you do anything that would warrant a title within those hours as an Outlander.

>I play for my entertainment, not an Immortals, I dont use roles because its entirely a command, I feel, is for the immstaff. Well, thats what snoop is for...

That is not what snoop is for. I, for one, am not going to snoop someone unless I have a reason. Yes, random snoops will happen, but, if I am watching someone and they aren't rping at that moment, someone else will get looked at. And that only happens if there isn't someone trying to cheat, because that comes first. After that, I am checking on my followers to make sure they are treating the religion right. Hoping that an immortal is going to see you at your finest moment happens because of luck. But, if you put it in your role, someone just may sit around and watch you a bit longer.

As a side note, Thorogarn wasn't a bad ranger. He just needed to learn more. The worst thing you could have done was delete, because you could have learned a lot more from spending your time watching and learning from Malkhar and Andrlos for tactics and rp. I can understand your wanting to spend time with Umalilath. But, in the long run, you became dependent instead of self-reliant from it. Good luck with your next.
25311, Thanks for the advice
Posted by Thorogarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it was just that I rarely play a single character for 200
hours and just figured something more would be happening by then, but I am also the type of player that for long periods of times to most
rp you will see me do is replying to a tell because im just hell-bent on regearing, or finding something, or whatever it is. I'll just have to try harder next time.

Thanks for the advice though, I just had to delete... I was starting to die a lot more than I was killing, and just losing a lot
of interest in the regearing, and generally I think I play a lot more than the average CF'er and still new to learning how to survive while wanted. I can also tell you didnt get a chance to see me often, because that invoker and I only ran together maybe three times pk'ing, and he helped out once, while ranking. Andrlos seemed
quite a few steps out of my caliber to even run with, nothing downplaying Malkhar, but I couldnt even read fast enough to keep
up with Andrlos, then when he got that bad ass title, just figured a bit out of my league.

I kinda regret deleting now, because after a few days I could regear again without breaking my computer, I generally dont play
in hero ranks anyhow, its a competition thing that I dont have the
skills yet to keep up with. Nonetheless I 'did' learn a great deal
more of the game via area, items, rp, cabal politics, and you as an Imm as well.

I'm guessing you were the Immortal on cabal net time to time giving advice and discussing things with me... My immteraction consists of getting in trouble a few years ago, a character with Thrakburzugs tattoo, and a con raise from Bria, and an empowerment from Intronan. I've got a LOT to learn, but when I get there. look out, cause Ill be comin full speed! Anyhow, thanks again, and I
love the new cabal. Thanks again for the words, in game and out.
-Thorogarn