Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Agarah Nysen the Soulless Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=25043
25043, (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Agarah Nysen the Soulless Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 28 20:10:25 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Agarah perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:642

25366, Kudos on the quest. You did grand. Well played.
Posted by Uncle Oblain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

One of the people in Oblain's span that he was thankful to see about and knew would do things to make the spire better, another one of my inductees tunrning out grand. Later.
25369, RE: Kudos on the quest. You did grand. Well played.
Posted by Agarah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks, for the Induction.. And those last words you left me with, annoying that the two people Agarah looked up to delete infront of him, atleast told me they were going to too. I called it the vindicator trap. Thanks for the last words and such.

- Agarah
25073, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Agarah Nysen the Soulless Sp...
Posted by Piran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had a lot of good fights way back before you heroed. Out of the countless necromancers I had to fight at that point, you were my favourite mostly because I could always count on you to come after me, either alone or with a little thief to help you. Well done! I certainly had lots of fun fighting you. Too bad I never heroed to see you to your con death instead of age. ;)
25084, Sorry don't remember you, and.
The thief I have no idea who that is, I rarely pked with people, on purpose, maybe if they came near my ranking group, but I really never hunted with anyone. all my life.
25047, I didn't log much, but here is a dream I had.
The temptation of sleep slams into your thoughts as you look about.

<851/851 1104/1134 559/581 20220tnl 4 AM> Agarah pulls his robe close about his body, enveloping himself in a shround of darkness as he slumbers.

<851/851 1104/1134 559/581 20220tnl 4 AM>
You try to sleep in a sleepless existence.

<851/851 1104/1134 559/581 20220tnl 5 AM>
Different shades of gray from mist colored to black, are all your eyes can see.

<851/851 1134/1134 581/581 20220tnl 5 AM>
Looking out from a tall spire overlooking a sea of these shades of grey, you claim the city as your own that you protect.

All about you are your magistrates and guards, sworn to obey the law at your bidding.

Citizens of all races and sizes bow to you accordingly as you walk the streets.

Not a single crime reported in decades has made your reign as Provost the most successful of all time.

A glint of silver catches your line of vision, barely perceptable through all the grays.

It is a Silver Badge of Justice worn by a human guard you recognize.

<851/851 1134/1134 581/581 20220tnl 6 AM>
The glint of silver was just enough to jog your memory about the human, but you feel he shouldn't be here.

<851/851 1134/1134 581/581 20220tnl 7 AM>
You head back to the spire and begin scratching something on a piece of parchment.

You slowly begin to realize that it hasn't been decades, but hundreds of years.

The human, would have to be over three hundred years old.

You leave the spire and run through the streets realizing that for hundreds of years, you have been protecting a city of undead.

You wake in a cool sweat.
25049, RE: I didn't log much, but here is a dream I had.
Posted by Delrami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, not sure if this is a good thing, or a bad thing. You were a good leader, and I hate to say it, not as "evil" as most people would have come to expect. You cared more about the Tribunal then your views on life. I was still surprised at when you came to me and asked if I would involve myself in attempts to stop you on your lich quest, and honestly, I was confused, but I decided I would act after you've become one instead of before. As I said then, I didn't think you'd make it and I was right. Overall, you were a good leader, and I was glad I got to work under you as a player. You took your duty as a leader serious, and the Spire as a whole is well off for it now. I just hope the next Provost can fill the shoes you left void.

Delrami
25052, The dream
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had something planned for your future, so I sent you this dream. I hope it added something to your character.
25053, It kept me from deleteing,
I was really getting bored/annoyed then I got that.

Thanks.

Shame we didn't interact much, but well I as a character had no interest in wasting my time on you. I hope you had a big smile on your face when you came in showing of the marks. cause I know I would have had one.

- Data
25046, What a Run that was. I can't even picture logging in something not named Agarah

Well what a run that was. 642 hours, and I enjoyed everyone.

First of Imms, you rock, and so does cf. Don’t listen to any that bitch or cry about the game, I would bet 90% of them time is someone better came along, and bash bash bash didn’t save them. So they were pissed. Keep of the good work. Or else I might have to get a social life, and we don’t want that.

Ok lets see. Why did I roll Agarah, well basically I love everything about Necro’s Great class. And for all you people that think I was a chicken ####, my role-play was not aggressive, if you’re not a criminal, or similar, I could care less about taking your small life. I did what I had to. So then why did I roll this, basically cause I hear people bitch about tribunals, and well, I have had bad encounters with a couple, but I with held judgement until I have tried something. Well now I have.

So the Spire, I played it before and after the change, and I enjoyed the whole time. The idea is sound and leaves a lot of room for role-playing. I think the reason with spire getting a lot of ooc complaining from time to time, some Magistrate comes along that make mistakes on the odd rarely seen points. Lopner no offense but you were one of them, you made a lot of mistakes to me when I was not a tribunal and some I saw when I was. You were more worried about others getting promoted before you. The other problem with being a Magistrate that can drive someone nuts, is even the most simple case, people bitch about, even if you are standing there when they bash, they bitch.

However, Even I induct some that were not great, because well the spire is sort of a newbie cabal, it is fairly easy to learn the laws or type help 26. So yes it’s a cabal that people can learn how to work in a cabal, no great policies or great wars to fight; well now there is one starting up. So to all I inducted, I hope you enjoyed my interviews, and I hope they prepared you for a magistrate life. I enjoyed doing my interviews, even if I could have done more. I doubt think I turned away many cause everyone could read the laws, and get a chance.

So my life in the Spire, I was induct by Oblain, boy was that to easy. But then again near the end I got easier too. I spend most of my Magistrate life in Tar Valon, until Kelrizza took Provost and moved me to Galadon. I spend I think three days there, before an Immortal made me Provincial, the only one in the Spire at the time. So we had a Vindicator, a provost, and A Justiciar, and my Provincial. Well next moved by fast, our Justiciar got demoted then booted, and I was given his position, I held it for maybe week and a half, Oblain deleted, Kelrizza took Vindicator and I took Provost. And well I did what I could. And spend I think near 400 hours there.

Necro Tribs are fun, Speak with the dead, is the best skill a Magistrate can have, I loved catching people looting corpses, long after the crime.

I did receive a quest, after about 630 hours on the character. And I prayed a lot I think, I started to consider deleting, (Thanks Zulgh for that ooc) So yes I got my quest, and well I thought I had more time then I guess I did. I had 2 of the four items. And then I log on to age death right away (642 hours). If I had know I was so near, I would have stopped using so much time, and even worrying about the Spire, but #### happens, and I regret nothing.

So good byes. (I am bad with names, I leave you out, just say something and I will reply)

Imms – I will just address you all as one again, Thanks for the promotions, and everything, I know a couple times I seem to make newbie mistakes, (blame plowing snow at night, and not being able to sleep during the day) . But either way I hope I didn’t do to bad.

Tribunal

Odrirg – Figther, that’s basically you now. Just a hunt and kill. Not that that’s bad, I enjoyed our last talks about my recreation. You had be considering for maybe a blink of an eye.

Lochzan – Keep up the role play and the great work, I see much for you. I always like talking to you.

Daemar – you changed, at the start you seemed new, and died a lot. Now you show leadership and command, I like that. Keep it up,

Galin – Your not as bad of a warrior as you think. Atleast not that I saw. Keep working on it. Practice is only way to learn.

Nilki – interviewing you was a bitch of a time. I hate mino speak. Sometimes I just ignored you cause it gave me headache to read what came from you. Over all You know your stuff, you just never seem to be one the same times as me, so we didn’t talk as much as I wanted to try to.

Rhazghoul – Who inducted you? And shame our times where opposite.

Baendra – Where did you pick up all the necro tribunal tricks. Did you get them from me? You’re a sound necro, never know you could do what I ran out of time to do.

Belthinzar – shame about the mistake, and then you deleting.

Optomkiptum – You have a great rp, but I started to hear a lot of complaints about you, and start to wonder about you and your Justiciar spot. But I can’t control that. So you can’t be doing to much wrong if the Imms don’t say anything.

Last but not Least Grurk
Man or man did we never see eye to eye. We argued a lot of things, you had your views I had mine. But I did like you over all. I like being question and told things from the other view. However you are wrong in my views on a couple things, your becoming to focused on pking anything they what a vindicator is to me. The bard for one. And the whole note case. Remember you the hunter and killer of criminals, not a policy setter, that’s about all the Provost has now with a Justiciar and Vindicator around.

Empire:

Njaal – our talks were always fun. You have a great rp going, and I wish I had finished the quest and got to pay you back. But well I thought I had more time. It caught me off guard.

Kardok – We didn’t talk much, saw you around, and you helped me with a couple things, Thanks.

Dryzzel – Show up some more? I didn’t see you often.

Emperor (forgot name) – so many times I wanted to pin the crime on you. but couldn’t.

Villagers, Scions, Maran
I don’t think I talked to any of you a lot, because I had no need to. There was a couple but I have forgot who.

That’s about it leave a reply and I will answer it

Agarah
Aka Data
25050, I'm around when I can be.
Posted by Dryzzel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Believe me, I wish real life wasn't so busy. However, I'm around as much as I can be, and those times vary from day to day due to my job and life. I try to get a good 8 - 10 hours a week in or more. Regardless, well played, make an imperial now!

Dryzzel
25051, Ya done good, Shaun. Ya done good.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for being such a good foe to Kopiteous. I'm glad I got the better of our match-ups. It was always fun fighting you. Also, thanks for being a good teacher to Etaxeo. You were a good cabal leader. I wish my interest in the character had lasted to hero so that I could have spent more time in the Spire.

Take a few days off, then come back even stronger.

Nivek
25054, You are the only that even came close
to killing me with silence/whip. I had not seen the echo before for silence, and missed it in the melee. You can be sure I never missed it again. Next time don't leave before I have a chance to even the score.

- Data
25055, Uhh, no message for me?
Posted by Keiigrahv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bitch you know you were my punching bag.

Wait, no, that's not how it was at all.

;-)

Peace.
25056, Ah the Only orc I liked
Let see how did our interactions start.

- You attempt to kill me
- I hunt you down and sleep you
- I leave wait for you to wake
- Offer you an nice axe
- We are allies
- You get wanted, and wanted, and wanted.
- and I never spoke to you again other then warning you, that you were starting to annoy me.

over all it was fun, keep it up

- Agarah
25057, Liked our short talks and working with you.
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the things you've done to me as Melchisedec and yea...I definitly know that Tribs aren't my stuff. 600 hours...damn. Don't know how you've done it. I did like what...150 hours? Got terribly bored. Anyway, good luck with your next!
25058, RE: What a Run that was. I can't even picture logging in something not named Agarah
Posted by Velkurah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the character, you did a good job in the Spire. I was sorry we didn't get you your lich quest earlier than we did, but alas.

Good luck with your next.

Velk
25059, I knew you with multiple characters...
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My warrior was inducted by you then completely ####ed up by attacking in town by accident when I was tired and lagged... hehe. I loved the role for that char too. That is probally the reason I tried to help you with the rest of my characters with the lich quest and armor and what not. You seemed to be a newbie in some areas of necromancers but quite a good player in other areas. I wish you luck on your next character and perhaps we will meet again in the fields.
25060, First Necro past 30, go figure n/t
n/t
25061, You did extremely well!
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I probally played 5 or 6 of them, one to 40 or so one to 47, Lord Adept of Necromancy of Masters, that's where I learned a lot. Got a lich quest, helped hero Valguarnera and Coriolanth on silver spirits... God that was the best ranking I have ever had, one necro and two liches. Crazy group hehehe. I miss Masters. Ah anyhow...
25063, RE: What a Run that was. I can't even picture logging in something not named Agarah
Posted by Bobbobimb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never fought you much with Bobb, even though
I saw you around a whole lot, but you were never
in any cities, I figured you were going for lich.
Yeah, you'd never guess it, but I also played a
moron Tribbie, you made a mention of him, he was
foolish and accident-prone. Human warrior, deleted
in december after being kicked out of the spire...

I took a three-day break from CF, and when I get
back, you, belthinzar, Dwynlir, you're all gone,
so Bobb's a happy bird...

Good luck with the next.
25066, like Bobbobimb I was away for this
Posted by Baendra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Agarah was an excellent character who deserved everything he got. It's quite rare for me to think that when someone gets as much as Agarah did, but you earnt it through your roleplay. I was particularly impressed during my interview. It's very easy for an applicant to put in extra effort for an interview. It's not so easy for the cabal leader who interviews for hours on end.

You made a good leader of the Spire, by my measure. Not too hands on, but involved enough to give direction to the Spire. I think you commanded a fair bit of loyalty from the Magistrates, based on competance, rather than affection.

As far as necro-trib tricks go, I assume you are referring to things like gravesight and speaking with the dead. Well, I've played necros before (one you've travelled with), and I always try to work out possible uses for every skill. The first spectre I played actually had speak with dead in the upper 80s/lower 90s if I recall, so I was aware of its potential. I thought it was a good idea to clarify how far one could rely on it though for me. I probably would have been alright anyway but that bit of guidance ensures it, and is part of what I mean when I said you were a good leader.

Characters like Agarah are what makes me like the Spire right now. Not all the characters in the spire impress me, but most do a lot, and Agarah did as much as any.

Seems like my sources were right about you getting the quest, even though you denied it. Eskellian's book in the trib library has a section on dealing with others that Baendra believes quite strongly in, and being told you probably were making your elixir was just one example of how it pays dividends. I was interested to see how you'd change if you liched though. I was expecting a more hard-line approach from you afterwards, for various reasons.
25067, Thanks.
"I was interested to see how you'd change if you liched though. I was expecting a more hard-line approach from you afterwards, for various reasons."

I sort of had it setup in my mind. I planed to still be the same about law and order and the Spire, but then my approach of not bothing with non-criminals lifes, would change, of course seeing as I would need corpses. I also planed to become more of a hard ass to any that said something about the spire. You know what I mean, those people that complain, for not reason, or bitch that I wasn't in town when they got attacked. or more so.. Basically there was going to be a change in Agarah's rp, but order and law and the spire would stay the same.

- Agarah
25068, RE: What a Run that was. I can't even picture logging in something not named Agarah
Posted by Njaal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A shame. I thought you had a few years left in you, so we had some time to find the last two items. If you had survived the elixir the future would have been quite interesting. Now tomorrow seems dull.

From my point of view you seemed like a very competent leader of the Spire. Kudus to you for showing more patience than most spectres do. A good char that i am glad to have interacted with.

25072, RE: What a Run that was. I can't even picture logging in something not named Agarah
Posted by Kackrik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you would remember me, heh too bad. You did what you had to do and you played a necro just fine and I made sure to show my appreciation by harassing you to no end. There were times I would run at you with next to nothing, knowing I would die because it was just so so fun. As well, you weren't annoyingly aggressive and at times would even try to roleplay with me. Too bad my character didn't have much to say to mages except "farg off, ye ####e head!". Good character, see you on the next! :P
25074, I remember you
I did try to role-play with you, but do no luck, as most villager I find, role-playing is only for in the cabal, and mages are ingored. Not that, thats a bad thing. it common. Why I remember you, the one time I had no protections on me, you were wanted, and in town the whole time. I did what i could but you killed me in the end so easily. made some comment at my corpse, then left. I was laughing, if only I remember what you said. You were the only Villager I worried about coming to town and hiting me over the head. the rest didn't seem to want to be wanted with Kelrizza around, or any other time.

25085, I really hated you. Well done! nt
Posted by Sastine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
25089, damnations.
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I go to a wedding, get back to town and see this. FEH.

Especially after I had spent the last five days thinking up different ways to try to convince you to not Lich. I was thankful that you were willing to at least listen to my arguments to that effect earlier, I knew full well that it would be asking too much for a necro as well known as you to NOT at least try...but Odrirg thought he could talk you out of it.

I was also going to approach you about a new project that has been knocking about inside Odrirg's head for a while.

*sigh*

Guess I will wait until the next Provost for that one.

While there were a number of policy points that Odrirg disagreed with you about, he saw you as a consistent Leader who was not shirking his duties to the Spire, so he had respect for you.

And boy was he surprised that you let Grurk go so far in the WAY he expressed his disagreements with you. Often I agreed with Grurk, but the way in which he spoke to you...Odrirg was surprised you just took it.

There were alot of little things that surprised Odrirg about you, not least of which that thing which you told me not to share (which knocked him off his rocker), which only increased my respect.

As for your opinion of me and what I have become recently, I can sure see how you and others have gotten that impression and I don't look at it as derogatory, mainly because I haven't taken the time or effort to show a different face to many people. It is there though, I promise. *wink*

I do not want to get too much more specific on that count, as I am still about, but if you'd like to know I can email you an explanation of why I seem to put that foot forward most often.
25090, RE: damnations.
You would have never had talked Agarah away from the elixir, you may have got him worried about what he would become, how he would change, and his link to order. but in the end it was a rish he would have to take, and realy, I was goign to wait to see what happened, but if it cmae around I broke from order, I wanted to see the spire try to destory me. but that was just a far off idea, which wasn't going to happen.

on the policies I set, and when you came to me to argue the one, you saw where it got you. I truely liked Magistrates that looked at things thought about it, and didn't just think it's unfair and bitch, you came at me with an arguement, explain it as you saw it, and I respected that moved you do a busy city. Challenge my judgements yes, go against them or go behind my back about them, and expect to lose your head.

About the sharing of information... Agarah was order above good and evil, he saw order in people, above good. not that I trust goodies, but if you were orderly, near me, I respected you. and as time went on I bet you forgot I was evil at heart. But don't think I wasn't. :oP

"And boy was he surprised that you let Grurk go so far in the WAY he expressed his disagreements with you. Often I agreed with Grurk, but the way in which he spoke to you...Odrirg was surprised you just took it."

There was a reason for that, Agarah for a lot of the time when Grurk spoke to him was seen, as his opposite. So really I wanted to hear it yes, sometimes he did not show much respect, but I never command respect, nor did I need to. Agarah knew himself, and didn't care the opinions of others. one reason so many people just got tells, you are annoying me now, Annoy me no further. it was simply I heard what they were saying, and the rest of their opinion didn't matter to me.

There were times I wanted to deal with grurk, both ic and ooc, but the Spire in my opinion can't show weakness in the ranks, so I held back. not that I ever really had stituations to do anything to him. He's vindicator now, where he belongs. and I never just took it, I remember it all, if the chance showed, I had thought of ways to refresh his memory on them, but alas, chances never showed,and many things I planed dependend on liching, and what happens after.

To sum that long rant up, Agarah didn't care how people spoke to him, he listen to whining, bitching, all his life, he knew himself, and didn't need respect. He had respect from within, and respect from other came.

I would love to here you plans, cause I think I know what they might be, I start to think of alot of them near my last years
sheaddon@rogers.com

25093, RE: What a Run that was. I can't even picture logging i...
Posted by Felar Serpent on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
642 hours total, that is very impressive in my book. Agarah, out of all the Spectres there were at one point in time you pretty much became the one who I wanted to see completing his quest the most. There were others who had the skill for it in the same way you did, but in my opinion you were also the only one who had the right mentality for it, both as a player and as a character.

You came close alright. Next time, you will make it forsure I think.

A character like Agarah is its own reward in some ways. Keep that in mind.
And well done.

Arthakar

25095, I'll give you what you gave me
Posted by Kazadan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't know you too well, we never fought each other. Seemed
to know your stuff though. Seemed like someone I'd like to have
seen more of. Lataz.

- Kazadan
25045, Well done!
Posted by Grurk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pleasure serving with you. Not very often a cabal leader age
dies. Excellent job, all around.

Grurk

Some echos after your passing:

The dead stir in the graveyards of the four protected cities.

In Galadon, a gray mist forms around the Tribunal Spire.

Standing at the peak is the spiritual remains of Agarah.

A rasping undead laugh sounds from Arboria.

"An elixir it will not be. It is the long sleep that you will not rise from
as I predicted."