Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Gramgelli the Master of Iron
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=22481
22481, (DELETED) [None] Gramgelli the Master of Iron
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 29 00:33:45 2003

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Gramgelli perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:43
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:139
PK Ratio:25% (closer to 100% is better)

22490, RE: (DELETED) [None] Gramgelli the Master of Iron
Posted by dwarfy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Have you ever felt like one of the Gods continually sic'd his followers on you for no reason you could ever figure out? If this isn't just rampant paranoia (though one of those conjurers told me his God had ordered my death), then it was certainly annoying to go find new stuff to wear all the time.

I did make a bad decision with this character in taking the whip/flail as second specialization instead of trying to pursue what I really wanted to do. This was one of the better 'personalities' that I developed and he had simple rules: utterly loyal to dwarven kin and his group. Didn't seek out pk's but generally didn't run (though the pentultimate death to a 51 conjurer with full complement of elemental, devil and Nightwalker was an exception and running didn't work when they sent the nightgaunt). The last pointless death to 3 Imperials after being blackjacked while mostly naked (from Ilivarra) kind of just took the fun out of it.

It does seem like CF is a place where having OOC friends is important to success at the upper levels. And not having those connections made it challenging. I played 'old school' which means largely without triggers/macros and without the knowledge of any preps/gear that my character would not have acquired through travels. I always thought that was the point of roleplaying and it doesn't seem to happen much anymore. I also never attacked without a reason and harming my group or myself were pretty much the only reasons I used.

By the way, those who play dwarves: Read de bloody 'elp file on de dwarves! Dey are utterly loyal ta oth'r dwarves. Dat means de Ludan and de Orumous and de oth'rs. An' dey don' like duerg'r. Not ev'n a little!

*Gramgelli grumbles loudly over his tankard of ale*