Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=22321
22321, (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 12 20:38:57 2003

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Ghullth perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:97

22356, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by Correllia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huh. I was convinced you were played by Phaistus. Oh well.

Other than our little problem which blossomed into this fiasco, I thought you were a good defender. Sorry it ended this way.

One thing though: when someone talks to you ooc, you can't then start talking to them about that exact topic ic, as though the initial comment was ic. It wasn't. So when the speaker goes back to being ic you can't expect them to either know about or understand your replies if you keep talking about that ooc topic. I think that caused a lot of the problem. That's why most people I've seen here preface ooc statements with OOC or ooc or some other signifier.
22355, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by Sardinthal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go as well. I was hoping you would try to fight your way back into the Village. Truth be told though, I agree with everything that happened. Wish you would have stuck it out longer. GLON.
22347, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by Drahkul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got beat around compared to my last few characters. And I was unhappy with some events that happened. The only villager I interacted with that I actually enjoyed was Kackrik this time around. I enjoyed interacting with non-battle characters more, which is sort of sad. Dissapointed in a few Lords as well.

AKA Ghullth STONEFLINGER
22351, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by Kackrik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, I really was trying to get you to stick it out. I guess your just used to being in command.. or maybe its the lack of a beard.. hmm ;)

GOod luck with the next, come back to the village!
22357, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by Sabiene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I got beat around compared to my last few characters. And I
>was unhappy with some events that happened. The only villager
>I interacted with that I actually enjoyed was Kackrik this
>time around. I enjoyed interacting with non-battle characters
>more, which is sort of sad. Dissapointed in a few Lords as
>well.

For the record, I would just like to say a few things. If you say "Go ahead, burn my hut" you should expect that it will happen. I fully appreciate if you were acting in an IC manner and Ghullth was just having a fit of rage, but in a likewise IC manner, I was not happy with the way you were handling what authority the village officers have and to be frank, whether or not Ghullth agreed with it, that is the way it is. I'm sure that it is worse (much worse) in the Empire, but if people think the village has none, they're simply uninformed. The issue did not have to do with me at all, by the way.

I didn't know you were Drahkul, by the way... and I don't know how much respect you got when you were Drahkul (because for whatever reason I just never interacted with Drahkul much) but if it had been you who had been giving that order, I would have backed you up as much as I backed up the one giving you that order.

- Sabs
22322, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghullth the Master of Copper
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sorry to see you go, we were not out to get you, you just threw a fit, ohh well good luck on the next.

*snip*
22323, Ok, this has got to be said.
Posted by Urden_X on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why do you insist on posting under your handle?
We all know you were Zashiere, and that you are now someone else. Are you advertising for some reason?
22324, RE: Ok, this has got to be said.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't know that.
22325, simple
I auto logon to this acocount and don't want to make another, and its just annoying to post 2 times to the same people when i am one person, don't you agree?
22326, RE: simple
Posted by Dexxy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't the Imms(namely valg) already tell you not to do this in another thread? Is it really that tough to log out? While you might not believe that people knowing the player identity is that big of a deal(and its not in your case), try doing it with one of the more elite players and you'll find pendulum swing to the max, case in point being Arcanes arial rager a few years back. Its bad Juju man, stop this nastiness at the source and hit the log out button.

Dex
22327, RE: simple
nice how deletion threads can become anything, valg said stop explicitly advertising chars, which I am not doing here, you all are advertising my chars, I am posting a respose.

furthermore who gives a ####?
22328, RE: simple
Posted by Dexxy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You advertised pretty well signing off as the player behind the character. Aside from pendulum swing it also creates a sort of shady hook up system, maybe not on purpose, but it does. Example being, Hey, I know who playing that dude lets go easy on the induction, or Hey, Joe snuffy is playing X I'm gonna give him this unicorn pendant so maybe he'll show me some barrier #### later. It definitly effects the game, and its the reason why you shouldn't do it, and the reason why the Imms have stated that you shouldn't do it, and the reason they also ask you not to. Personally, I give a ####, so there's one.

Derexal
22329, I guess then thiss has got to be said
Why do I insist on posting under my handle.

pretty self explanatory, its my handleit identifies who I am, kinda like you call someone on the phone and tell them their name, people like to know who they are talking to and known that who they are talking too knows who they are.

as too my past chars that was resolved a while back in other posts, why do you keep advertising it? My post was a simple apology to the player behind ghullth, and it wouldn't make sense if he didn't know who it was coming from, hence my IC name.

there is no vast conspiracy just trying to post a comment in peace, yes urden_X we all know you were urden... woopedy doo

just chill man
22330, RE: I guess then thiss has got to be said
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Again, don't link active characters to forum handles or past characters. It ends up coloring IC relations for people, and it's better to leave it unsaid.

there is no vast conspiracy just trying to post a comment in peace, yes urden_X we all know you were urden... woopedy doo

The obvious difference being that Urden is a past character, not a present one.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
22345, RE: You are missing the point.
Posted by Urden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
pretty self explanatory, its my handleit identifies who I am, kinda like you call someone on the phone and tell them their name, people like to know who they are talking to and known that who they are talking too knows who they are.

Do you honestly not see the harm that can be caused by advertising the
player behind the character before that character is gone? If people
hated/liked your former character(s), you are basically altering their
perception of your current character by an ooc method, which is
a gray area in the rules (which is still bad). For an example, I know
that if I used the handle "Urden" to sign all of my posts, under my
current character(s), I would definitely get both good and bad attention in the game that I do not want to get. Think of each character as being an individual, isolated entity. Don't taint it by showing your cards.

as too my past chars that was resolved a while back in other posts,
why do you keep advertising it?

I'm not advertising it. I am confronting YOU about advertising it.

My post was a simple apology to the player behind ghullth, and it wouldn't make sense if he didn't know who it was coming from, hence my IC name.

*sigh*

Make an email account at Yahoo, create a new user name here for your
current character, and don't post as "Laxman" and then SIGN as *snip*.

Post and sign as the character that Ghullth knew, is what I am trying to say.

there is no vast conspiracy just trying to post a comment in peace, yes urden_X we all know you were urden...

However, I didn't make an invoker named Urdenx, did I? Do you see the distinction here?

I just want to add that you seem to think I need to "chill out," or that I'm coming down on you...if that were true, I would have rolled up a duergar axe spec to massacre *snip* for his player's actions as Zashiere. So I'm just trying to save you a big headache, because there ARE people who will roll-up that duergar.

Urden, totally chilly
22349, Oops.
Posted by Urden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the edit, Valg. I thought this info was just "out in the open" now.
Didn't know the original post was edited since I had read it.