Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectMystrel, elven warrior (DELETE)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=20203
20203, Mystrel, elven warrior (DELETE)
Posted by Zanya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, things were going great for a while! I'm really not a warrior-type player, I've never won a solo PK EVER, but after my long absence from the game I realized that I needed a character that would force me to learn the basics again. I thought an elven warrior would keep me on my toes for sure. I learned a lot with this character. The main thing I learned was not to use the obsidian spear! :) I was not aware of what it did until too late, MUCH too late. My only choice really was to delete. I had some grand plans too... oh well, out the window now. This is the highest I have ever been able to rank a warrior, and I still never got to try out a legacy. On to the next I guess.

Special goodbyes to:

Flegnar: You are great, you make me laugh and you are very strong. The word ####e never ceases to amuse me no matter how often I hear it for some reason. My favorite moment with this character was you referring to the Inn of the Eternal Star as a "####e hole!" because they did not sell ale at the bar.

Trulain: What happened to you anyway? We had some interesting roleplay started, but you lost interest in your character or maybe ran out of time to play. Hard to say. Anyway, I enjoyed your company.

Lariya: Thanks for always being supportive of Mystrel, even if I am sure I annoyed you somewhat with my lack of knowledge.

That Imperial healer guy who killed me: Nice job on that, you bastard. :) I would not have even stuck around to fight you if I hadn't had a teleportation potion handy for escape. So I fought until I figured it was time to run, then I quaffed the potion.... and ended up two squares east of where I started from. That pretty well sealed my fate. Having played several healers in the past, I am well aware of how strong an aggressive healer can be. Gate is a powerful PK tool at times.

I guess that's about it. I enjoyed ths character and was determined to hero her despite the odds and keep plugging away, but after finding myself with so little health and no way to ever regain it, I thought it best to not torture myself along any further. See you all next time!

Zanya
20252, Just so you know, that trap wasn't for you.
Posted by Dafeb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried to get you to let me cast word. Sorry you died.
20257, Don't even worry about it!
That was my fault for spamming east about 40 times. Hehe. I learned a valuable lesson you'd think I would have learned years ago.
20229, Harumpf. i knew i shoulda tried harder to get you to run with me..
Posted by Vanadulin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that deal in shadar was just.. bad all around. but i was thinking you know i ought to try to get myst to come join us. hehe. that dark-elves city was fun though eh?
umm i got an idea! i'll just.. (and die repeatedly) :)
hate that fisher...hate it.. grrrr.
20225, Aw ####e!
Posted by Flegnar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had me scratching my chin the first time I saw your name on the "who" list. I played Irchunma a long, long, long time ago and we heroed together. I was kind of hoping we'd hero together again, but even the best laid plans never work out. You were in the best ranking, and most fun group I've had with this character. Hope to see you again soon.

Email me! theetkdbadass@yahoo.com
20213, Obsidian Spear
Posted by Astillian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah that spear is not meant for Elves or even Arials. I stayed away from it, bad mojo.
20207, Aww
Posted by Lariya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never interacted much, but I did like what I see. And no, I never got bugged by your lack of knowledge. We've all been there at one point, and even that point where you leave for awhile, come back, and feel clueless all over again. I'd like to think I was helpful and patient, but if I was fighting or in a raid I might've been a bit short. Anyways, good luck with the next one!
20205, Just so you know....
Posted by Dex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That thing done by the obsidian spear is not permenant.

Dex
20206, Nice to know now. Hehe
I still won't be reactivating.
20211, Oops.
Posted by Sheresu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually had no idea that the spear's prog was automatic, thought it was activated in some way. And that healing sleep reversed the effect. Goes to show I've never had it.

I really liked Mystrel, was always surprised at how quickly you picked yourself back up after getting ganged down and whatnot. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have drug you though some of those areas in the course of ranking/gearing quite so quickly.
20212, Hey it's alright!
I had a great time and learned a lot, so I am grateful to you. Thanks for always showing patience in the face of my ignorance. :)