Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Dafeb the Talismanic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=20070
20070, (CON LOSS) [None] Dafeb the Talismanic
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Aug 5 00:20:04 2003

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Dafeb perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:376
PK Ratio:86% (closer to 100% is better)

20135, So long to bad characters.
Posted by Poopsmith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The night you died, you were in #dangeroom telling the world
that you'd been acting as bait for (another #dangeroomer) assassin.

Not only do you bring shallow characters to the game,
but you bring OOC contacts.

There are a couple things you should do:
1. stop playing the game with only yourself in mind. This is a world and you should feel obligated to give back to the world in the context of good roleplay. Once you stop thinking of the rest of the playerbase as "targets", the rest comes easier.

2. stop giving up your characters name in #dangeroom. Although you're little "posse" of friends is the most vocal, there is a good portion of us that are only there to shut you down... because we hate your type.

3. I'm not omnipotent, but I kinda think you're using OOC contacts too much. Interact with random people in game, make new contacts.. (maybe) work up to new friends. Keeping your play inside a small circle is only going to get you in trouble.
20137, RE: So long to bad characters.
Posted by Circuits Edge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>The night you died, you were in #dangeroom telling the world
>that you'd been acting as bait for (another #dangeroomer)
>assassin.

And your point being? The characters knew each other in game. They just both happened to frequent this, #dangeroom.

>Not only do you bring shallow characters to the game,
>but you bring OOC contacts.

No more shallow than your lowbie killing no-role characters I'm sure.

>There are a couple things you should do:
>1. stop playing the game with only yourself in mind. This is
>a world and you should feel obligated to give back to the
>world in the context of good roleplay. Once you stop thinking
>of the rest of the playerbase as "targets", the rest comes
>easier.

Canadian eh? Just like you give so much back, eh?

>2. stop giving up your characters name in #dangeroom.
>Although you're little "posse" of friends is the most vocal,
>there is a good portion of us that are only there to shut you
>down... because we hate your type.

If he wants to give his characters name up, let him. It won't stop him from getting killed by his #dangeroom friends, or stop him from killing his #dangeroom friends.

>3. I'm not omnipotent, but I kinda think you're using OOC
>contacts too much. Interact with random people in game, make
>new contacts.. (maybe) work up to new friends. Keeping your
>play inside a small circle is only going to get you in
>trouble.

I refer you to my first answer sir.
20139, I almost agreed with you...but then I didn't
Posted by Quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>And your point being? The characters knew each other in game. They just both happened to frequent this, #dangeroom.

Beneficial advantage over other players? theres a reason things like deafen/greensleeves were invented. to stop people that are slept/jacked from getting friends to come help. having ooc ties is just flat out cheating. though I will not sit on my high horse because I myself have talked about my current char in ooc manners. But then again most people I talk to ooc either have enemy chars or are way way out of range. either or not much help between each other if any at all besides hints on things I don't know on game mechanics.

>No more shallow than your lowbie killing no-role characters I'm sure.

your assuming he has done this. don't assume, it's bad

>Canadian eh? Just like you give so much back, eh?

don't bring Canada into this! let them make their gingerale and speak french

>If he wants to give his characters name up, let him. It won't stop him from getting killed by his #dangeroom friends, or stop him from killing his #dangeroom friends.

um...yes it will. Make friends ooc and they are less likely to attack you and may actually help you. it's called cheating but you seem to have such high thoughts of people in IRC that you think they don't use what they find out to their advantage.

GUY: jacked, slept on eastern. not caballed so no ones commin, give me a hand?
or....
GUY: anyone seen so and so?
Friend: yeah, just saw him near Seantryn, probably gettin some gear
GUY: cool thanks, keep an eye on him for me for a sec? I gotta take a leak.
Friend: No prob

anyway by this statement you made I can only assume (yeah I know it's bad) that you are another one of those people in there splashing IC information all around about everything and helping out your ooc buddies out of tight spots, else you wouldn't defend him so vigilantly.

>I refer you to my first answer sir.

and I refer you to my first reply as well.
20141, misinfo
Posted by Cenatar_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"theres a reason things like deafen/greensleeves were invented. to stop people that are slept/jacked from getting friends to come help"

They dont do what you think they do.

And whats wrong with people who think IRC is so much easier than cb or gt...

20142, RE: misinfo
Posted by quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
they stop you from hearing other people tell you something that may be useful which then you'd be at a disadvantage. but yeah I worded that bad and is misinfo, congrats you finally got me. still doesn't stop uncaballed and ungrouped from getting ooc help.

>And whats wrong with people who think IRC is so much easier than cb or gt...

don't make me repeat myself.
20149, heheh
lighten up and dont be a martyr, why cant we just be happy. Sure it is harder when you are deafened but a cb jacked at left side of eastern road will always work nice.

last one was a tip for everyone, just a cb jacked wont to me much good.
20148, simple
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>And whats wrong with people who think IRC is so much easier
>than cb or gt...

It. Is. Cheating.
It's an unfair advantage.
How can that be so hard to understand?

You might as well ask "what's wrong with people who think bribing an imp to edit your pfile would be so much easier than ranking?"

Because it would be cheating. Get the picture?

(sidenote for the semantically anal. There is nothing wrong with thinking irc is easier than cb or gt. It is easier. What's wrong is thinking it's all right to do whatever's easiest and screw everyone else.)
20150, Ohh, missed the point.
I have never ever asked for help over icq or irc, lets start with that. What I ment was when someone comes and aids the guy you have slept, he _might_ have done a: cb(gt) Necro have slept me in dwarf forest. People are not always super cheaters just because they beat you.

That is what I ment was easier that irc, sure they are cheaters but I think they just as well on icq and aim.
20138, My last words on this subject
Posted by Nivek- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>The night you died, you were in #dangeroom telling the world
>that you'd been acting as bait for (another #dangeroomer)
>assassin.

>Not only do you bring shallow characters to the game,
>but you bring OOC contacts.
>
>There are a couple things you should do:
>1. stop playing the game with only yourself in mind. This is
>a world and you should feel obligated to give back to the
>world in the context of good roleplay. Once you stop thinking
>of the rest of the playerbase as "targets", the rest comes
>easier.

I think you are judging me as a player by the actions of this character. Because of your track record of ignorance and stupidity, Josiah, I will enlighten you a bit. This is my first character above rank 35 that has acted in such a manner. I have had one lowbie who was even remotely similar. My past characters, while modest at both RP and PK, are far more than you could hope to achieve on your current track.

>2. stop giving up your characters name in #dangeroom.
>Although you're little "posse" of friends is the most vocal,
>there is a good portion of us that are only there to shut you
>down... because we hate your type.

As long as it's people like you, Josiah, who are "only there to shut me down," I don't think I will lose sleep over it.

>3. I'm not omnipotent, but I kinda think you're using OOC
>contacts too much. Interact with random people in game, make
>new contacts.. (maybe) work up to new friends. Keeping your
>play inside a small circle is only going to get you in
>trouble.

See response to 1 above. My past characters were completely unlike this one.

I find it amusing that the only two people flaming me on this character are Quid and Josiah, two people whom I've kicked out of IRC and as well as two people who disagree with me on the other CF forums.

In answer to your question, Quid, no you are not the only one I responded to in such a manner. As a player, I got sick of people asking me why I would kill them. I looked for people or groups that I thought I could take down solo and tested myself against them. Win or lose, I wanted to see what my abilities are. You or Josiah wouldn't know this, being relatively new, but this my first char above 35 with a PK ratio above 60%. My RP was my RP. It's neither my responsibility nor my wish to make it known to every person in the MUD, even if they ask me.

To all you veterans, imagine that, Nivek with a decent PK ratio. Then again, who would have thought Astillian could be such a beast either.

20140, RE: My last words on this subject
>I think you are judging me as a player by the actions of this character. Because of your track record of ignorance and stupidity, Josiah, I will enlighten you a bit. This is my first character above rank 35 that has acted in such a manner. I have had one lowbie who was even remotely similar. My past characters, while modest at both RP and PK, are far more than you could hope to achieve on your current track.

a) don't know where you got him being Josiah from but ah well.
b) he wasn't flaming you, he was stating facts on how he caught you cheating. Your referral to your "manners" is just you saying "yeah this is the first time I've tried cheating and perma-ing, so it's ok"
oh yeah and good job bashing poop/josiah/whatevers chars when I doubt you know any of his.

>I find it amusing that the only two people flaming me on this character are Quid and Josiah, two people whom I've kicked out of IRC and as well as two people who disagree with me on the other CF forums.

oh yeah you kicked me out during the first time I really decided to go in there and see if it was as bad as I've heard. walk in, 10 seconds later you ban me for no reason. and you wonder why I called you immature when I got back? just because you are clueless on politics on an online message board is no reason to kick me. thats your own problem you have to deal with.

>In answer to your question, Quid, no you are not the only one I responded to in such a manner. As a player, I got sick of people asking me why I would kill them. I looked for people or groups that I thought I could take down solo and tested myself against them. Win or lose, I wanted to see what my abilities are.

so then tell me whatever you wanted, just got the impression you were some annoying noob with permas that thought it was funny taking advantage of my suckiness with bards with the answers you gave me

>You or Josiah wouldn't know this, being relatively new, but this my first char above 35 with a PK ratio above 60%. My RP was my RP. It's neither my responsibility nor my wish to make it known to every person in the MUD, even if they ask me.

congratulations, award will be in the mail

20104, well at least now I know what Vlad meant
Sometimes a flame is necessary for the person. Can't be all nice nice all the time when it's not deserved. I will say, I disliked the purpose of your char Nivek (if there ever was one) and hope you roll something with a bit more meaning next time...nice enough?
20105, RE: well at least now I know what Vlad meant
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Selfish as it may be, the purpose of this character was for me to have a good time. I feel I accomplished this goal and, if I might add, did so without either ganging or full looting.

Sorry if I didn't meet your expectations.

Nivek
20106, only was referring to the fact....
that any time I tried to speak with you, I either got no answer. or some blatantly ooc crap (hence why I thought you were a noob) I'm not saying go out there and RP and emote your nuts off. But at least try to stay within character, whatever that may be. And yeah considering how quickly you found me wherever I was, and/or how quickly you were willing to attack me I would say pretty much you were utilizing IRC to your advantage. And don't say you've never done it cause I've seen you and quite a few others do #### like that. But I don't know perhaps I'm just a conspiracy nut after all.

anyway I got to go to work now, have fun buddy

"cheers"
20108, Noobs dont walk around with cube of force. nt
Posted by ATK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdf
20119, heh. not always true
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I first came back to cf I found and was walking around with what apparently was some powerful hell item. Unfortunately I didn't know what it did so I sacced it. :)
20120, There you go, they dont keep it that long in any way. nt
Posted by ATK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
fhj
20114, He was always in Character, when we talked or when I watched him. n/t
Posted by Jegrael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
20115, Apparently I didn't deserve such an privilige
either that or he pulled a role out of his ass after I deleted Trinthos, btw side note: nice job nailing that assassinate on me finally, Jegrael if I never told you :)
20127, Or he was and you just didn't know what his character was about. n/t
n/t
20130, RE: Or he was and you just didn't know what his character was about. n/t
Dafeb attacks me while ranking, I die

tell dafeb 'now what did ya do that for eh?

Dafeb tells you 'just testing out my spells

reply '*snorts* aye..would be appreciating it if you would not use me for your experiments in the future...

***little later I believe ranking somewhere else he attacks me, I quaff

Tell Dafeb 'damn you little gnome, never even spoke to ya before. why do you persist in irritating me?

Dafeb tells you 'Because you were there

***was ranking on Kiadana, not anywhere near I would be in his way of whatever, and still no reason for a gnome voker to be attacking a neut human bard. so I tell him this

Dafeb tells you 'please stop speaking to me, you're becoming annoying

Tell dafeb 'so you will give no reason for why you continue these attacks upon me?

Dafeb tells you 'I felt like it, now please stop speaking to me

woot, wtg man award winning RP right there. from other people that I talked to IC during this time they got the same impression. Sit on eastern with quicksand and just kill anyone unfortunate enough to step into it, hurrah. and here is where my IRC conspiracies come up, becuase anyone else being as stupid as that would have been multi-killed but I'm assuming he had a few friends that would help him out with whatever (ranking, protection etc) but yeah it must just be me and my unluckieness and cluelessness to good RP
20132, Mistaking asshole RP for lack of RP...
Posted by RandomThinkerII on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's one of the most common mistakes in CF. Just because he doesn't want to chat with you doesn't mean he's not roleplaying. You just don't like the role.
20133, Regarding these quotes...
I don't doubt that I was an asshole to some of the people I've killed. I would, however, like to see the logs in their entirety rather than these snippets. Please post them either here or on Dioxides.

Nivek
20134, RE: Regarding these quotes...
cannot, during this time I was pretty pissed and I was running around alot so I just copied pasted what conversation we had into notepad and planned of posting it on Dioxides cause of how pissed I was. Then I realized that it would just be char assassination and I would probably get flamed into oblivion so I didn't post it.

But if you say that you didn't do that soley to me cause of the player behind the char I'll take your word for it.

and I will say in your defense (don't know why) but I believe we had a short fight before any of these and I whined/bitched (ie: god damn I was about to take my leave ya annoying pest etc or something to that extent...) so that may have been bad RP on my part thus pissing you off.

lata
20129, RE: only was referring to the fact....
Yes, you're just a conspiracy nut. I guess in a perfect fantasy world, everyone should reply to tells with 'Hello my good sir. Oh, you're looking for magewhoisinvisrightnow? Let me see if he's around.' 'Oh, he is, I will let magewhoisinvisrightnow know you're looking for him.', instead of the oh so OOC response, 'Get lost.'

As for the IRC bit.. I suppose it's not conceivable that Dafeb might have better knowledge of areas than you? That he would know exactly where you'd be? Or that, oh goodness me, he had IC ASSOCIATES WHO TOLD HIM WHERE YOU WERE?
20131, well well well
Posted by quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
first of all I wasn't the idiot asking him to find invis people so don't compare me to him. all I wanted was at least a half-assed excuse or reason why he kept attacking me. He couldn't even do that much. I mean it would have been BETTER if he just ignored me with that being better RP.
20097, So long for now
Dafeb was a very enjoyable character. I had originally rolled him up back in December to be Nexus, but decided I didn’t want to bother with cabal raiding and retrieving. Before Dafeb, I was totally reliant on getting in a cabal and having people to help me out. I found that, with this character, I didn’t need that crutch to have a good time and be successful. Dafeb was extremely anti-ganging. I did it a few times when I was in the mid-ranks. Tried it against Rhomelanthos and Gre – didn’t work out so hot. I had a lot of people ask me to help them kill so-and-so or raid cabals or whatnot. If you could kill them by yourself or if I could kill them by myself, why did you need help?

I had allies on both sides of the fence, which sometimes made for tricky situations, but I usually came out all right.

Jegrael – you were a great friend and a fine assassin

Ocelevan – Good character. Glad you proposed the alliance.

Ghuljun – Always glad to be of service. Show up a bit more, and be a force. Sorry I can’t shield you or provide you with other necros’ quest item information any more.

Amadalie – Good job on making high priestess.

Mazaufat – As I mentioned in your goodbye, I hope you know why I attacked the palace that one time. We both agreed that someone needed to be put in his place but we disagreed over the method of getting him out of whatever hole he was hiding in.

Drugadath – Wish you had stuck around longer.

I had a lot of good enemies as well and hats off to you.

Rhomelanthos – Total beast. Tried you by myself and died. Tried you with a gang of three and died. Left you alone.

Gre – See Rhomelanthos. Also, Axe/Mace warriors are no picnic.

Aemelius – Everyone said you only ganged, but you beat me solo so you won’t here me complaining. Good fight in the weald. I was extremely lucky to get away. Damn Axe/Mace.

Darthiel – Great thief and good fights, you slippery bastard.

Yanacek – You scared me. Way to go in the Maus the other day.

Morillion – When you were on, I NEVER let my health get below 70%. We only fought once and you were right: it was a lot closer than I’d have liked.

Ozlif – It was good fighting you. Hated to see anyone get ganged, especially Villagers.

If I forgot anyone, sorry.

Nivek
20103, Great job Old Man
And I thought I would be the first to go. Well what can I say... I like you. Even if I did land in your sands more times then I can remember. And it did cost me some contracts, but I let it slide, and just pictured you saying "You should fly more". Ok ok, Not then Shame about the last death, that would have been great if it worked out. but well you did pick a popular place. Ok enought is enough, get back in the fields. and hire me!

- Jegrael
20078, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!
Posted by Asti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I just could not resist. :-)
I interacted with you with several chars and from my POV you were worthless.

You made me very angry once so I lost my head and said many bad things which relate more to player rather then character.

I am 43 at that time.
It was like this : I got ganged/full_looted, gathered some crap, got ganged again, on my way to palace to quit when you came out of nowhere and caught me with good old quicksand/immolation trick.

I avoided you until I heroed and after that I was actually looking to smack your gnomish ass but we never crossed our paths.

IMHO level sitting on purpose of smaking all these 40sh guys is kinda low. Not sure if distention ever kicked in for you.

So I am glad you are gone.
20091, RE: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!
>Sorry I just could not resist. :-)
>I interacted with you with several chars and from my POV you
>were worthless.

Sorry to disappoint.

>You made me very angry once so I lost my head and said many
>bad things which relate more to player rather then character.

I know. I'll post the log.

>I am 43 at that time.
>It was like this : I got ganged/full_looted, gathered some
>crap, got ganged again, on my way to palace to quit when you
>came out of nowhere and caught me with good old
>quicksand/immolation trick.

Yes, it was a trick that worked more than a few times on people.

>I avoided you until I heroed and after that I was actually
>looking to smack your gnomish ass but we never crossed our
>paths.

That was when I became afraid of you. :-)

>IMHO level sitting on purpose of smaking all these 40sh guys
>is kinda low. Not sure if distention ever kicked in for you.

Distention did not kick in, as I could harm everyone in hero range anyway. Although it wasn't intended that way, I'm glad I made the Imperial level-sitters get off their asses a little.

>So I am glad you are gone.

I hear from others that you run a pretty good AP. That's good. The angry bit you mentioned above though, was all I saw of your RP. You as a player have been around a lot longer than I have, so I don't see why one death should bring you down like that. Good luck with the Empire.
20095, just to get this straight
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are you ASTIlamos or ASTIllian?

I'm sure I could work it out if I went back over old posts but I can't be bothered.
20102, I'm choking on the irony.
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Choking.
20128, RE: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!
Let's just ignore you levelsitting for 6 months to build up an axe, shall we?