Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Darthiel the Hand of the Unseen, Elite Imperial Shadow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=19305
19305, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Darthiel the Hand of the Unseen, Elite Imperial Shadow
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 17 19:03:54 2003

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Darthiel perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:128
PK Ratio:84% (closer to 100% is better)

19306, Goodbyes
Posted by Darthiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't really enjoy the character. Had zero fun for most of my stay. I was hoping for Shadow Lord, but that didn't look promising, so, oh well. I was just waiting to die, and that pretty much sealed it.

Shadow Sect IMM: Every day I prayed that you would not interact with me. I was fairly lucky that I drew little attention.

Menzaen: You are pretty much the other half of the Shadow Sect. Have fun.

Haaslett/Faeras: I can pretty much lump you together. It was nice fighting alongside you, but neither of you really stood out.

Astilamos: Well, when you only have three active sect leaders, one of them has to get Emperor. You were probably the best choice available.

Things that annoyed me:
Smonund
Sect Guardians stopping Shadows from eavesdropping within halls
Not being able to hide from Imperial duergars even though I remember a helpfile saying that Shadows got that ability in Imperial lands
Shadow sect being Blade sect with hide
The complete lack of politics:
Imperial politics go like this: Someone pisses you off. Then you sit there and fume for a bit, and if he dies loot him, or you might not go help him out if he needs it. I didn't see anything particuarly impressive besides one episode with Menzaen/ a blade which will remain nameless, and Hukalon's little outburst. I guess I really didn't help that though.
The limited usefulness of eavesdrop: I think I heard a total of about five good conversations that were worth hearing. If people want to talk, they just go into their sect hall and discuss it. It's ok for goodies though, since only a few can detect hidden.
The Vanquisher and it's ####ing "Greetings, Citizen." This annoyed me a number of times.
I'm sure there are others, but they don't come readily to mind.

If you want to post, I'll reply with a small comment.

19307, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Not being able to hide from Imperial duergars even though I
>remember a helpfile saying that Shadows got that ability in
>Imperial lands

And which help file is/was this?
19308, RE: Goodbyes
Believe me, I've looked for the helpfile in question. At first, I thought it might have been a figment of my imagination, but some of the other Shadows seemed to think that I had the ability, or at least that it existed. I guess it was later removed, or something. But as I remember, it went something like

The Shadow sect has learned to hide from the prying eyes of the other Sects so that they may better facilitate their espionage. However, they can only conceal themselves within their own lands or at Centurions.

Oh well.
19332, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Racli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember that too, then when I looked for it again, it was gone. It was definately there and definately taken out
19309, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It used to be light into shadows, but it was changed to the newer version of the power right before people started getting inducted. I was really hoping to have this with Navarro as well, but i'm guessing game balance issues or people just not wanting to go through the bother of coding it resulted in it being shelved.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
19311, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by MR.ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm going to go with overpowered. Imperial assassins would be gods during imperial raids and the like.
19310, It was definately in there
Posted by Menzaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I distinctly remember reading it.
19312, Here it is right here
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was posted on Dioxides the day Empire was opened.

'LIGHT INTO SHADOW'

syntax: automatic

Making full use of their environment, members of the Shadow sect

can find the most difficult places of detection and use them as

a refuge from alert eyes. This can only be done when within the

Imperial lands, the palace or standing near Centurions. Making

them undetectable to anyone but their own sect.

19313, RE: Here it is right here
Ah yes...that's what you get when one person codes the power and another writes the helpfile and they are both on different pages.

There was talk about having it work this way before Empire went live, obviously someone missed the helpfile because it had never worked that way.
19314, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Rehmorez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I rolled up this char because goodies seemed to be getting their asses handed to them. Empire was finally getting its sh*t together. As I lvl'd up there were days when Id have like no goodies in even grouping range. Even at hero for a while things were pretty brutal and then all of a sudden mass anathemas and deletions. Guess empire has one fatal flaw, its self destructive. Hehehe good luck with your next char.

19315, Replace Empire with Playerbase and you've got it (n/t)
n/t
19323, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Annoyed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Shadow Sect IMM: Every day I prayed that you would not interact with me. I was fairly lucky that I drew little attention.

Maybe you shouldn't play in his ####ing cabal AND in his little section of said cabal then. For some reason it seems to be popular for the forum junkies to hate the shadow-sect imm. I guess band-wagons apply in more ways than one on CF.
19326, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Pondering Voice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or perhaps, maybe perhaps, there's a good reason why no one wants anything to do with the guy. Perhaps you could roll a shadow and figure it out yourself.
19384, RE: Goodbyes
You're a ####ing idiot. Enough said.
19412, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by A Blade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Um, could you share with us now that you are deleted all the things that the Shadow Sect Imm did to you then? Since I've heard alot of how he's screwing over Empire, yet no one has said what he's doing. Is he simply just acting as an Evil Imm...or is he really ####ing them over? (explinations please and logs if you have them)

A blade who wants to play a shadow
19324, Thanks for the help of the scouting of mages n/t
Posted by Gieldon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
19327, Good-bye
Posted by Dafeb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a good opponent. I'd say our overall contest ended in a draw. Would have loved to land a kill on you and I'm sure you felt the same. You'll be missed.

Dafeb
19352, Hehe
Posted by Gwyythinniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our little fights from time to time.. I hate thieves and assassins though, they're a real pain in the ass.. Anyways, from what I saw and heard, I thought you did quite well..

Good luck on the next.
Gwyythinniel
19383, RE: Hehe
That one fight where me and Menzaen were tripping you to death and then the paladin brigade breaks down the Vanquisher and kills me because I got cocky sticks out pretty well in my mind. We always had good fights. You were probably one of the more worthy opponents.
19559, damnable thief heh
Posted by Coronado on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I REALLY liked your style. If you couldn't take someone down, you just took everything you could get your hands on. I had no idea you stole my weapon while I fought the lich, and it just made me laugh. What also impressed me was your willingness to try to take me down, even if you thought you couldn't. Persistence pays off eh? That time right after I retrieved, I was just shaking my head and saying damn it. I had left my champions stand because Anlon right at that moment got slept before he could leave. Oh well, you definitely get my vote for favorite shadow sect so far. good luck on the next.