Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mehkoa the Weaponsmistress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=18842
18842, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mehkoa the Weaponsmistress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 5 19:08:51 2003
At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Mehkoa perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:226
PK Ratio:65% (closer to 100% is better)
18852, Damn it
Posted by Eluna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What the hell. One of the few people I enjoyed traveling with goes and deletes on me. We did really well together I was looking forward for future talks and travels. Well done and all that.
18844, Farewells,
Posted by Mehkoa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Immortals: Great game, keep it up. I made some mistakes with Mehkoa that caught your attention so it probably seems like I don't respect the game or the playerbase, but I do. After what seems like... Three years playing CF, I think I've given a lot less to the game than I've received. I owe you all big time, thanks.

Shokai: Thanks for the 'maranation', even if you didn't speak to me or anything. After having been a Vynmylak follower, I guess I was sort of used to immteraction but I knew you were a busy imm when I decided to follow you. Plus, I didn't actively pray at your shrine, so I can't complain. Fortress is great, the changes you made didn't seem as good to me when I was playing Yaofhil, but I think the Fortress is slowly meshing it's politics together and now it's really cool. Keep it up, man.

Mortals-
Sylvrin: Sorry, I know I told you I'd be around till I died of weak health, but real life can always mess that up. You were great, your roleplay is solid. Thouroughly enjoyed you, little sis.

Avalene: One of my favorite paladins of all time, and one of my favorite dwarves. Except Yaofhil of course :)

Rogardian: Great dwarf, great pally. We did a lot of ranking through evils together and a lot of pk-ing. I especially cherished that pk spree we had in Galadon, summon/cranial. That was fun.

Aemelius: Just keep plugging away man. You get a lot of negativity from the boards and playerbase and I know all about that. Mehkoa had a secret crush on Aemelius. (Wow, look at the size of those arms...)

Anlon: Lay the smack down on the mid range for me. You put up with a lot of #### being in that level range, and you always get back up after you get knocked down. Impressive.

Coronado: My favorite maran partner to be honest... I can't put a finger to why, but I guess I was just really impressed with you as a squire and it carried over into 'maranation'.

To all the others I missed. Damn, there's probably a lot of you, so if you say something I'll respond.

Enemies-
Astilamos: If Mehkoa had an arch-enemy, you were it. The first legacy I picked was because of you. (Fist of the Titans). That damn blind/disarm, *Shakes fist* I think our first encounter was the only time I beat you, you made one last attempt to sleep me and failed and ended up dying. But from that fight forward, you basically tooled me... Especially when we didn't have the orb. With eyes of fire and searing light it was a bit easier, but I still basically got tooled. Well done, and thanks for scaring the hell out of me every time I logged in.

Garguza: That royally sucked. I didn't figure out until after I logged off what kind of weapons I would need to be able to even affect you. Good warrior though, and you do a good job at taunting.

To Empire as a whole: I enjoyed the last few weeks playing Mehkoa the most, the times when I'd log in and be without the orb. You are all very bright and I think you will go far and there will probably be a lot of dark days ahead for Thera. Only one criticism do I have. It seemed to me that a lot of you were not interested in conversation at all. Usually, if I fight an enemy, I like to talk with them a little bit about their beliefs/etc. Even if it boils down to taunting, it's still an enjoyable experience. I guess if it's in your role not to talk, so be it. Just a thought...
18845, RE: Farewells,
Posted by Oshubacyl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Big Mekoa take Oshu shark vrangling some time, yes?

Great job. Well roleplayed, and enjoyed heading out hunting with you. Scared of Astilamos...heh...sheesh.

Thanks for the good times. Lets see something evil out of you....
18846, Noooo!
Posted by Vansia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who's going to be my big sister and hold my hand now? I don't know why, I just felt this was coming, maybe it was that last immeteraction in Tar Valon. I don't know, but something gave me the feeling you wouldn't be around for much longer. Anyway, I loved all our interactions, and I know you won't be back, so good luck with whatever you do next.

Thanks for all the help.
18848, Phooey
Posted by Lariya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always saw you around when I was up and coming and trying to get into the Fort and tried to do what I could being so low. Was looking forward to fighting with you, then you up and do that. Ah well, you were fun to talk to, and put up a good fight the few times I saw you in action.

-Lariya
18850, RE: Farewells,
Posted by Anlon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>Anlon: Lay the smack down on the mid range for me. You put
>up with a lot of #### being in that level range, and you
>always get back up after you get knocked down. Impressive.

####. You were a rock for the Cabal, and this is seriously going to weaken us. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to see our interactions continue to be strong even when we don't know who the other is playing.
18864, Very fun character. (n/t)
Posted by Jake on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
18875, RE: Farewells,
Posted by Aemelius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were great. I really wish you hadn't deleted. You were fun to have around in all resepcts, from your talking to your fighting to your simple presence. I had no idea about the secret crush thing, but I always had fun the few times we ran together. Always knew I could count on you to stick it out even if we didn't win.

Good fight that day on the eastern road when it was the two of us against the three of them. Got the heart pumping.

Good luck on your endeavors.
18902, what no mention?*chuckle*
Posted by Seakrou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad to see yet another ally go. Friends are getting rarer by the day. Good show though, I enjoyed travelling with you. I sort of knew where I had you most of the time.

Drop me a line if you feel like it.
farker_of_heaven@hotmail.com
18908, All my Fortress siblings keep leaving me :(
Posted by Sylvrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sylvrin will miss her big Sis. But yeah, I know how real life can interfere.

Thanks so much for taking me places where we could hide when needed, for helping me regear, and for being a cool big sister. I really really enjoyed our chats on the ledge, too.

Mehkoa was a very cool character with her understandable, yet interestingly different speach pattern and her history of shark "vrangling".

So you are leaving for good? That's a real shame because we new CF'ers are taught and helped a lot by people like you who obviously know what you're doing. Well, I hope life treats you well. And may the light of goodness and peace shine in your real life. (hehe I'm a goody at heart OOC too)

Oh and IF you ever do come back I hope we'll get a chance to interact again.
18909, RE: Farewells,
Posted by karun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hey! forgot me! oh well guess i'm too old for that :P
good luck
18910, RE: Farewells,
Posted by Beast on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, it was some good fights. Most people when they see that just run, but you stuck it out and we actually fought toe to toe quite a bit and I enjoyed it a lot.

Good luck on your next,
Garguza

ps - I know all about Astilamos and his dirt/disarm....*grumbles*
18914, Good luck with the next.
Posted by Faeras. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>To Empire as a whole: It seemed to me that a lot of
>you were not interested in conversation at all. Usually, if I
>fight an enemy, I like to talk with them a little bit about
>their beliefs/etc. Even if it boils down to taunting, it's
>still an enjoyable experience. I guess if it's in your role
>not to talk, so be it. Just a thought...

I try. It's a little difficult, though, and sometimes you get burned so much for trying to start a conversation (burned = quasi-OOC spamming) that you get a little gun shy trying to communicate with enemies. I agree it is a good goal to try, though.

I fought with you a few times. I learned to hate your flaming weapon progs during times when I couldn't get a resist_heat. A couple of times I'd misdirect you, me being at 700 or so hp and you, writhing, and by the time the lag wore off, I'd be almost dead from your flame progs and praying you got scared and had a flee logged before the misdirect.

Anyway, good work on making Maran, good luck in the future.
18926, RE: Farewells,
Posted by Vashka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, what about me der big guy :P.
You were fun to run around with. Although we didn't get to travel that much I remember when I first spoke to you about joining the Fortress. Good luck on the next.

Vashka
18843, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mehkoa the Weaponsmistress
Posted by Avalene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yech. You and Oshu were my only fortress buddies.

I hope you had a good reason...

Well done on your character either way, and good luck on the next.

Avalene