Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Sebastiano, Thief Extraordinaire, Initiate of the Scarab
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=18775
18775, (DEL) Sebastiano, Thief Extraordinaire, Initiate of the Scarab
Posted by Sebastiano on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had lots of fun with this character, especially at first.

Sebastiano was rolled as a screw-around thief. I initially had just about no role or direction. Then Scarabaeus, who was in the middle of his indefinite hiatus, showed up randomly at the Inn while Sebastiano was there acting like a jackass, as he usually did. I gave him a ruby ring and we got to talking, and one thing led to another and I ended up being the first initiate in a while.

I got wrapped up in intrigue-stuff with Gastaad and Malinran and people. That was neat.

So anyway, I end up just not dying for the longest time... get spike-toed boots, strange bracers, mace with the head of a screaming demon, etc, and tell myself that I'll probably end up deleting when Seb dies and gets looted. The only reason I didn't was because Scar kept it interesting.

I got banned from the Inn somewhere in there for trying to steal from a herald. That kinda killed a lot of the fun I had with this character, sitting at the bar spouting chauvenistic crap and watching people get offended, jokingly or seriously.

Then goodies owned the hero range. When stuff was even, my basic day involved running around alone stealing anything that caught my eye and sometimes solo pking. But that basically became almost impossible. I died so many deaths, some of them stupid, some of them just made me shake my head because I knew I could have done nothing to avoid them.

For a period of about 2 weeks, I'd die a whole lot but to no less than gangs of 4 people. I'd also be full looted every time I died, which kinda sucked. Was that all really necessary? But enough whining, onto the goods.

Scarabaeus: Thanks for the opportunity, and I guess thanks for making this character a 270-hour character instead of the 90 hour autodelete character that he would have been. I got the feeling that you kinda regretted tattooing Sebastiano from time to time, not in a really serious way... but in the "slap your head in real life and sigh 'what a douchebag'" way. But you stuck with me anyway.

Gastaad: You kept stuff fun. Thanks.
Malinran: I would have sworn you were Hastur if I didn't know better.

All the women Sebastiano called sweetheart, babycakes or the plethora of misogynistic terms I made up: Hope it was as good for you as it was for me.

Other Scarabs: You all seem cool. Better Scarabs than Sebast, that's for sure. Then again, Seb was a sphere vanity moron who only existed to be an annoyance.

There are a lot more, but I'm actually kinda tired (as Aemelius can guess by how I died my last death. I didn't even notice the fire-heal-message-thing... gah, I'm sure it'll end up on a log board somewhere flagged (Funny)) so I guess I'll respond to people who respond.

If Sebastiano annoyed you somehow, he died happy.

Bye.
18816, com refresh sebastiano
Posted by Zepachu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Those damn bracers always had me refreshing you as Zekasiq. Lots of fun ranking up with you in those last like 5 levels to Hero... and the random hunting.

Nice work.
18809, What to say
Posted by Beast on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You'll be missed. The Temple has always been a low number and we just lost half of the members. A real pity you're leaving, I've been fighting to rank up so we could actually go walking around since I was always much younger than you. We had some interesting times with the Shadow demon fights, Talia's little "gift", and just general talk when I would see you (which was rare, but eh, you're a thief).

Good look in the fields again,
Garguza
18806, Sebastiano master of the Annoying
Posted by Eluna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must have supplied you and your allies with with sooo many weapons and what ever other fancy stuff I had it must have been incredible. Everytime I caught you on, I was like ah crap. There was no thief that annoyed me more. I never did actually slay you, I came very very close a number occassions. You also prevented me slaying a few baddies because of your damn thievery, not having the weapons I wanted when I needed them.

I'm glad your deleted ;) but you will be missed. May my inventory rest in peace.
18799, RE: (DEL) Sebastiano, Thief Extraordinaire, Initiate of...
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Scarabaeus: Thanks for the opportunity, and I guess thanks for
>making this character a 270-hour character instead of the 90
>hour autodelete character that he would have been. I got the
>feeling that you kinda regretted tattooing Sebastiano from
>time to time, not in a really serious way... but in the "slap
>your head in real life and sigh 'what a douchebag'" way. But
>you stuck with me anyway.

Heh. I wanted to make more use of you, but IC I knew the Vanity thing was going to continue to get in the way. You came close to having awful things done to you on a few occasions, but I was more curious where it would lead in the long-run. I'm glad it was fun for you either way. Sorry I tapered off towards the end there for a time. I had just spent several months house-bound recovering from surgery, and when I finally got a chance to see the light of day I made a run for it! As to why you took a real beating in your final days, I think that comes with the Scarab territory; with all the crap you had to put up with I should have given you full powers earlier...
18791, Mwahahaha
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Sakard, we had some good hunting times...it is always fun to be with TWO thieves! Good luck with the next one!
18789, RE: (DEL) Sebastiano, Thief Extraordinaire, Initiate of the Scarab
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>If Sebastiano annoyed you somehow, he died happy.
>
>Bye.

Bah, never did annoy me.... We had our share of fun and fights, the most annoying with you, was that you usually was hidden in the shadows and thus rendering me unable to speak with you... ;)

Take care

Zharaluzar
18784, WHAT A LOVELY PIZZA PIE!
Posted by Circuits Edge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the log.
18804, I aim to please n/t
Posted by Sebastiano on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
18779, RE: (DEL) Sebastiano, Thief Extraordinaire, Initiate of the Scarab
Posted by Selatiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh i really had a blast that time in arkham. One thing i really hate are thieves. And a thief with the know-how to do things is retarded. Thanks for the fun and Selatiel is still baffle about why you hated him.