Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectWhat can you say about the Nicktshick? (He was old?)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=17482
17482, What can you say about the Nicktshick? (He was old?)
Posted by The Nicktshick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm fairly certain that I'm the only person to ever have the anaconda form and not delete. The next two paragraphs are complaints, so if you don't want to here it, skip it, but the reason it is there is to make the game better, because I absolutely guarantee no imm has looked seriously at an anaconda play.

Well, the anaconda form, well, it sucks... bad. I kept this character around because I knew that they would change the form sooner or later. I figured, if I keep this character around, I'll be able to see the changes. This character has been around since transmuters were shapeshifters. I tank better as an osprey by far than as an anaconda. 97% of the time. Nicktshick was rolled to take blows, but my forms were bobcat, and anaconda, neither of which has any propensity to take blows. Sure, you can constrict people, but only of they are link-dead or are idiots. The imms always say, if you don't like a form, stick it out and get an educated opinion, don't just delete.

A couple examples of how the form sucks are
A. I am constricting a person, I'm wrapped around them, but they can just walk off... however, if I try to flee, or walk off, I'm 'wrapped too tightly around them' I repeat this especially to the two people who I managed to kill twice with constrict. You are idiots. Walk a room away, constrict wears off. As to that, I'll go on to
B. How I landed most of my kills. Person walks off, they come back in.... I continue to constrict them. The only way to get kills with an anaconda is by a bug, or by them bein idiots, or by them being link-dead.
C. You cannot tank people long enough to constrict them... get damage reduction you say. They just walk off. I can honestly say that the game would be a better game without forcing some people to play with anacondas.
You said long ago that all forms were going to be equal. How about taking just a bit of that time you've been putting into warriors and put it into rebalancing shapeshifters a bit.
D. Crush is a very versatile skill, but in no way can you ever get the desired effect from it reliably.
E. You say to get someone else to bash while the Nicktshick contricts? I takes about 13 rounds roughly for a constrict to knock someone out. Tell me anyone that could survive a lion beating on it for 13 rounds if it has someone else to tank for it. Not to mention there are plenty of people you just cannot keep around in a fight.
F. At least let it go under water. The anaconda is a damn water snake in real life anyway.

Now, on to the only reason that the Nicktshick was around.... to roleplay, as he was not viable in PK.

Nexus was a last resort for the Nicktshick. I think I did very well at roleplaying the grumpy old guy. I had a ton of friends during my life, way to many to mention. Suilvanum took a liking to me way back when, and I was old then, but thanks for helping me hero. Other than that, I'll write a different missive to people, after I see if the Death-Angel is going to post anything.
17489, Sorry you got Nicktshicked with an anaconda...
Posted by Kaavraus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... and I can see what you're talking about with it not
being a defensive form at all. But... if you look on the
bright side, if you would have worked together with a trap
thief with knockout poison, you could have killed just
about anyone, or any group, with no effort, and then it would
be extremely overpowered.

Unfortunately there were next to no thieves joining Nexus in
the last millenia. You were screwed :) Anyways, didn't know
you were that damned old. Wish it woulda worked out for you.

- Kaavraus
17494, Don't think that would work either..
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From what I saw with bard sleep and anaconda, the next to the last loop always wakes the victim up if they are sleeping.
17487, Well said...The Anaconda sucks.,
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
re in pk situations because it can stand up better in a DEFENSIVE role for my group....

Oh and like you, I killed alot of skilled players with it during odd situations...it is still not a defensive form.

Oh yeh, good work with your charactor. Heh
17488, Not sure why my message got all garbled...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anyhow, was just rambling how right you are. I had it 3 times and explored every possibility with it. It is not a defensive form. Get rid of the instant-kill for newbs and make it defensive. Walking away while all looped and constricted does not make sense.
17486, Ugh...your name...
Posted by permanewbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
King Shnicktick

Nicktshick

All you did was move the "sh" about.

Good golly, I refused to interact with you with about 4 different heroes because I just couldn't stand that name.

Why don't I just make a character named Kianadah....jeeze.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"
17492, RE: Ugh...your name...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was my initial reaction too. Then I considered how similar many names are in English and in other non-Theran languages. John. Jonathan. Phil. Bill. Martin. Marvin. So I could see how some svirf citizen might have a name that sounds very much like his King's. Not a big deal.
17551, You might not believe this but....
Posted by Nicktshick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought to myself what a good name for a gnome was and Nicktshick just popped into my head. So, I rolled him up, and about five ranks later it hit me where my name had come from, but my thought process was much along the lines of Isildur, so I thought, what the hell, I might as well roll with it.