Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject[BATTLE] Konrad the Master Melody Maker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=16289
16289, [BATTLE] Konrad the Master Melody Maker
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Death by boredom.
Getting mob deathed twice by a raiding Dragon and not caring is a fairly hefty sign I couldn't give a #### anymore. ;o)

Gre is honestly the only person i'd like to apologise to for deleting. (Well that and Thror for inducting me when I was hungover and didn't mean to get inducted) :oP

Most of the ragers were chumps. My problems with Konrad came to a head when I'd been called to the circle for like the third time by my own cabal mates yet had never even been insulted by an 'enemy'.
Brotherhood my ass. OOC ego's run wild in Battle.

Konrad was sphere combat yet couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
I was fantastically unhappy with myself. The best I could do was to harass folk. The Imms could at some point allow me to sing some useful songs but in reality that was never going to happen. I couldn't explore because I couldn't fight ####. Sitting on my ass got very boring. Writing notes and songs and stuff helped to alleviate that but i've been working 7 day weeks recently and i was fed up doing work in my social time.

My rp intended to be very priest like because he viewed battle as a religion. Having made Konrad I found that Kastellyns religion fitted in wonderfully. I had no intentions of going for his religion or his tattoo but i made perfect sense for Konrad to direct _all_ of the village towards his ways.

Anyway, enough talk for a mere 100 hours or whatever.
16351, RE: [BATTLE] Konrad the Master Melody Maker
Posted by Dharvaron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Konrad,

I can't speak for the others...but I always enjoyed our interactions. I never really thought that your comments were out of line or anything and I thought you were a good bard. I actually became disappointed when I wouldn't see you for long periods of time...since I enjoyed our interactions.

See you around.

Dhar
16301, RE: [BATTLE] Konrad the Master Melody Maker
Posted by Sylvrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to say I really enjoyed your arguments at the cabal meeting. I thought you presented impressively thought out arguments, even though others seemed to think you were hogging the floor sometimes. It was fun just watching you debate the issues. :)

16299, Damn....
Posted by Gre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, what can i say, I am disappointed in you because you were very close, at least in my eyes, of getting your songs back and more. I can understand other rager's reactions to your, sometimes biting, personality. Gre didn't mind it at all, but others did. I did feel it was stupid for other villagers to call you to the circle of rites, seeing none of your songs harm them. I felt it was a cop-out by other villagers to prove a fruitless and unfair point against someone completely unfit to fight other villagers because of OOC things.

Your songs and stories were great. And I must give you huge props for sending my War of the Underdark story out. Thank you very much. Good luck with your other characters if one is in the works. Bards in the village are support classes until they get their songs back, then they are probably the most destructive thing next to a lich. Its not an easy road, but is well worth it.

As to you as a character, you were a fresh alternative to other villagers. Good, strong, clear voice, no accent. Looked at things in the village a slightly different way (which is why you got yourself in trouble sometimes :), which I thought was great). And had a never say die attitude. I hope you come back and I indeed felt bad when the dragon got you when you were a ghost, sorry about that. I wish I could of attacked it sooner, but I was convulsing from fighting and killing an invoker and an eagle/tiger.
16295, One fight, and it was fun
Posted by Kucerael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our fight last night was really fun. While I can't say how much damage I was taking from you, as you had me sung up pretty damn hard, I know that I wasn't hitting YOU much at all!

The combination of When you don't see me, spellbane, and spell evasion makes the job of an invoker a total bitch. If I go with directed spells, I cast them on empty air about half of the time, and most of the remainder get spellbaned--if not all. Damn you and your saves! So, I go with area spells, in order to negate 'When'...and you evade the hell out of them. Then I hit you...and I have to go through resisting, and Rager resist. Lordy mercy, it left me saying "DAMNIT, DIE ALREADY!"

Your combo was really a nuisance-and-a-half to an invoker, even though you didn't hit worth-a-damn. Your tactics were sound, and with a full song list, you could have really been a bruiser.

Good fight--goodnight.
16297, RE: One fight, and it was fun
*cough* Heh. I was doing hits and injures to you. I sung that song more so you couldn't see the pitiful damage i was doing than anything else :P

Yeah, Divine svspell rock. Basically my plan worked 'cept for the hitting you back in any shape or form. ;)
16293, The thoughts of a thief
Posted by Alarin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to see this deletion. Alarin really liked Konrad ic, and I liked him ooc as well. I thought you were a fine rager, and i'll post more someday when my name turns up here.

Alarin Tisenlit

PS Great work on the songs
16298, RE: The thoughts of a thief
Thank you.
16291, RE: [BATTLE] Konrad the Master Melody Maker
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Getting mob deathed twice by a raiding Dragon and not caring is a fairly hefty sign I couldn't give a #### anymore. ;o)

I wish you had stuck around for about five more minutes. You would have gotten some of that experience back. But, based on the nature of your post, I don't think that really would have made a difference for you.

I was fantastically unhappy with myself. The best I could do was to harass folk. The Imms could at some point allow me to sing some useful songs but in reality that was never going to happen. I couldn't explore because I couldn't fight ####.

Eventually, if Battle Bards do their job, they get the other songs. You were on your way.

Sitting on my ass got very boring. Writing notes and songs and stuff helped to alleviate that but i've been working 7 day weeks recently and i was fed up doing work in my social time.

You wrote good notes and good songs! That will be missed, definitely.

Sorry you got bored with the character; I enjoyed what interactions we had. Good luck with your next!
16292, RE: [BATTLE] Konrad the Master Melody Maker
Posted by Evil G on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>I was fantastically unhappy with myself. The best I could do was to harass folk. The Imms could at some point allow me to sing some useful songs but in reality that was never going to happen. I couldn't explore because I couldn't fight ####.

>>Eventually, if Battle Bards do their job, they get the other songs. You were on your way

To be honest I didn't feel Konrad had earned them and the more he moped the further he would be from attaining them. (he especially felt he failed in his 'morale boosting' task due to the number of ragers who wanted him dead or disliked him *shrug*)

Experiment over ;)