Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=16235
16235, (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Tsyla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a grand lark, unfortunately it's looking like Tsyla was my swan song. Having my playing times and hours radically changed was a blow I just cound't recover from.

Anyhow, thanks for all the fun fights: Dalayr, Derdhuin, Rhomelanthos, Senimar, Tessaron, Gre, Grogim, Broxx, Rugokar, Rulghum, I don't think there was a single one of you that didn't impress me somehow, either with your courage, smarts, or honor.

Later all
16352, Why do you think Wood-elf makes superior Bard?
Posted by Xandrya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I noticed you mentioned your race as wood-elf on Dio's board and said that you prefered it over human and half-elf for playing a Bard. I just wondered why it works better.

I also want to thank you for the tips you posted in gameplay and at Dio's. Every little bit helps those of us that are new at the Bardic arts.
16353, RE: Why do you think Wood-elf makes superior Bard?
Better stats everywhere it counts. 22 chr is close enough to a human's 23 chr, and you can roll a 22. High int, high wis didn't hurt either. Mostly the 24 dex though. In one of the logs posted there is a round where I dodged/parried every attack from three thirsting villagers. Also I swear the luck stat is higher :) I've no other explanation for how lucky I got in so many fights.
16355, RE: Why do you think Wood-elf makes superior Bard?
Posted by Xandrya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmmmm This sounds really good. Maybe I'll try this combo on my next.
16313, Good fights all around.
Posted by Gre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You showed how a bard could eat up even the most angry berserker. Thanks for all the fights and allowing me to learn a little more on how to deal with bards. I also learned a lot of wonderful uses for dash, my new favorite skill. Good luck Tsyla, you were one hell of a fighter.
16302, Bah!
Posted by erinphaliss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who'm I going to hit on now? Very very well played. I don't know exactly what to say other than that you'll be sorely missed and I enjoyed our interactions to an extent I can only hint at with words. Thank you for making the game more fun and have fun with your future endeavors, as well....who were some of your past chars? I also had a guess as to who you used to play. Fill me in?

Erinphalis Kraolin, Lord Elder of Nexus
16303, Well, I posted with the handle on that other page
So it's no great secret - Theerkla & Bleegiem as far as the rift goes.
16304, then I was correct. s.txt
Posted by erinphaliss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks once again. You're always one of the funnest persons I interact with. Hope things are going good for you.
16290, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Ikdell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, there goes my one reliable counterpart. You were one of the few who was on when I was on. Ahh well, I enjoyed the company and you were a most formdiable bard. Gives me the thoughts of creating my own some day...
16287, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Kucerael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, you were one of my favorites. I remember interviewing you, and being very pleased with what I saw in your character. That was only further enforced as I saw you advance, and whoop loads of ass. I was actually really surprised at how deadly you proved to be. Don't take that as an insult. I expected you to be pretty tough...just not as mega- tough as you were :)

You'll be missed--dearly.
16254, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Probably one of the better played combat-oriented bards I've seen in recent memory. You had guts, took some serious chances, fought smart, and constantly managed to escape with 30-60 HP. Nice to see characters willing to take on Villagers solo, and earning their respect.
16294, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Hey, thanks. That means a lot coming from you. You're right about how often I escaped low on hp. I don't know how it happened so often, but there were plenty of times I just had to shake my head wondering and thank my lucky stars.
16252, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Kaavraus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, one more Nexan out that could deal major pain to the
cloud giant village berserker league. You'll be missed.

Good luck with the next, whenever it may be.
16244, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Broxx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well Broxx can relax some now. Bards are definately a one of the most feared opponents of giant villagers. And Tysla was the most fiersome bard I fought out of the bunch. I can remember quite a few times cursing in disbelief as you would avoid my axes like you were a hasted arial sword spec with ward of blades or take a decimate from a deathblow. Also one of the few nexuns who would fight me alone. Nicely done, though I can't say you'll be missed ;). Good luck with your next one.
16247, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Unfortunately if there's going to be a next one, it won't be anytime in the forseeable future. Anyhow, thanks for the kind words. The village giants can take all that cotton they've been stuffing into their ears out I guess.
16243, Boo
Posted by Grogim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hate seeing the loss of a fine foe!
16241, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Dalayr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah! My favorite opponent. I truly respected you. Mostly because you killed me a few of times alone. And I don't get to fight many alone. I will miss our encounters. Well done.

Dalayr
16249, One tip
Review all your logs fighting me, everyone you had a polearm in your hands was pretty one sided your way. Cranial and maces isn't always the best choice.

That one fight where you drove me into the healer guild entrance then cut off most of my flee attempts I figured I was a goner. That was by far the best tactical fight you showed. But like so many times fighting villagers (who says the luck stat doesn't exist) I waltzed away with 10 or 20 hit points.
16237, bah
Posted by Nurwon. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sung fiend on me when I tried to help you against all those villagers on eastern :-P thought you were getting ganged so thought I'd lend a hand. ah well I understood how you felt about that. quite a bold char for a half elven female bard :) hope you get a better schedule and come back soon

~Nurwon
16246, RE: bah
That was definitely one of my bitchier moments. You interrupted a one on one fight, so when the villager I was fighting fled off, I decided to fiend you for your interference. Heeheee. I can't believe I only got a weak fiend on a cloud giant though.
16236, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
pretty nice char from what i saw. hehe.
16248, RE: (Del) Tsyla, Grand Mistress of Artistry
Now I'm pretty stumped as to who you might have been since Dimion and I never interracted.