Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Darente Jasek the Determined, Tamer of the
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=15929
15929, (DEL) Darente Jasek the Determined, Tamer of the
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 1 09:53:28 2003

7 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Dragon on the Theran calendar Darente perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:287
PK Ratio:82% (closer to 100% is better)

15930, Time for a change
Posted by Darente on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Things have been going downhill for a while I was thinking about doing this a while ago but decided to join the Fortress to see if it would bring any excitement back into the character. It was alright for a while but in the end all I saw was a bunch of lightwalkers running after the one evil in range and it became a bit rediculous. I rolled Darente in early November and was a Shaman of Combat under Kastellyn my role was fairly unimaginative and I should have put more thought into it - it basically amounted to I want to kill Scions/evil except that the evil ran out and I was left with a good/neutral range.

Farewells

Imms:

Kastellyn - A great immortal and fun to roleplay with. I saw you on a lot when I was in the village so I figured my playing times would coincide a lot with yours and initially they did. I was trying for your tattoo but in the end you were difficult to find and I actually didn't think I was pking enough to earn it.

Others - Thanks to the imm(s) who ran the Djinn quest it was a lot of fun and got me interested in the character again.

Fortress:

This cabal is just not a very fun cabal to be in the way it is now granted I wasn't in it for very long but having come from Battle where the Imms/Destructor are very active it just seemed to lack something.

Yaofhil - Great character and great roleplay you have there, you're a lot of fun to run around with I just wish our times coincided more.

Ulvhamn - I hope you get made a Maran, I know you've wanted it for a long time and I think you deserve it.

Others - Jorathis, Vahlron, Ishyrmir all nice people I hope you do well.

Others:

Tarnyxil - Darente knew you for a long time it was fun running off and doing whatever, thanks for the starting tip with the ships I didn't quite make it to the end but I found what I wanted.

Delmuio - Knew each other in our youth but didn't travel much later on.

Twarok - Thanks for the recent help.

Enemies:

Alvoroiz - Nice combo you have there could have been some potential for some good fights thought you had me in Veran.

Straklaw - Well played Orc had you to writhing and you were back again fully healed in two seconds.

Ghuljun, Purlota - Generally boring fights, sleep fail word but better than nothing.

Narissa, Vortigern - Thanks for the fights, Shaman/Shaman fights can be interesting.

Evil Villagers - Bah!

Thoughts on Shamans:

I don't think I'll be playing another Shaman, they just aren't a good solo killer, and they have very limited tactics. The big raid wars I envisaged in the Fortress didn't happen so I was basically left with running around Thera looking for someone to fight and then have them easily flee and teleport/whatever before I even really hurt them.

Well that's all sorry if I forgot anyone, next character is definately not a goodie.

Darente/Palesson/Jaythis

15935, Now..
Posted by Tarnyxil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a pity, you seemed to know exactly what you wanted (therefore your 'the determined' last name and all... which made me INCREDIBLY jeleaous though :)).. You were a good and reliable traveling companion for a great deal of Tarnyxil's life ..
I think I saw you hitting kuo-tao's when you were 38ish and I was like ..'hmm, what's this fella doing here, he might be pretending to fight and spy instead' .. Not being able to see a player's align from the very first moment makes me all itchy and all .. But soon we started talking and traveling together, helping eachother with whatever we ran off to do.. We had a good time.. You rest in peace..

Tarnyxil
15934, RE: Time for a change
Posted by Ishyrmir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not another one!! :( Well I will say I enjoyed your company. The little there was. Yeah it seems the playing times of everyone in the fortress is slim to none. Sad to see you go man. Did not know the character enough, but enough to leave a lasting impression. Good job, and good luck with your next.
15933, Well done
Posted by Yaofhil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed knowing you in my early years before I heroed. Thanks for helping me get those last few ranks to hero, by the way. That was during the days when scion was amass and ranking was really hard. I always thought your Kastellyn approach to maran was really interesting, mainly the reason I inducted you but I also was impressed with your pk skill knowledge, something I had hoped you'd pass on to other squires. If you're going to play an evil next, do me a favor. Don't roll up a drow healer *Mutters some random curses only a dwarf would understand*
15932, Farewell
Posted by Ulvhamn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew Palesson well with my last char. Darente was also a solid char.
You are skilled and it is always a pleasure to be grouped with you.
I could feel your frustration the last time we spoke and more or less felt the same way.
Good luck on your next.
15931, RE: Time for a change
Posted by Grawsnizh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What to say, i respected you first and thought well this may be different than the others when we started talk, about the attacking apple people or what it was now again, dun remember, but then you as a 51 shaman, i was, 45 orc or something, u brought one hero thief and one hero warrior that could clear the way into the orc village, truly pathetic, i asked myself why you didnt bring someone that could kill me aswell and bring my hiney on a plate aswell, my thought, then i didnt think it was worth interacting with you anymore.
tuudelu
16108, RE: Time for a change
Posted by Alvoroiz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should have stuck around a bit longer, seems there are a few more evils around now. I enjoyed the few fights we had and while fighting a solo shaman isn't really scary, it is still a pain in the ass. I found the end of our fight in Veran ammusing. It was first time I had been in that particular part, otherwise I think I would have had you.