Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON) Thelios the Pious
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=15919
15919, (CON) Thelios the Pious
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 1 02:37:26 2003

1 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Nature on the Theran calendar Thelios perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:206
PK Ratio:0% (closer to 100% is better)

19718, Question for Bria
Posted by Thelios on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It has been about four months now since Thelios died, and have just gotten around to thinking, i was wondering why it was i had such a hard time reaching you both before and after my empowerment. were you not on all that much or not on at the same time or was there something about my actions or other such reason that you ignored me or what? i havent played for a while now, but would still like to know what it was. thanks
16838, Cant believe I forgot Bria
As it comes up on a little over a month now since Thelios died, I come to the realization that I completely left Bria out of my thank yous and what not. Perhaps there is a reason for this. I dont know if you were never on Bria or never on at the same times as me or were just ignoring me, but to have to go to 35 without empowerment really sucks. I tried to pray at least once every night I was on, but when you get PK'd every single time on the way to your shrine, it gets a little bit tiring and you wonder why I left for a 'shiny new sword' as you put it when one was offered five minutes after I sent up a pray. I would like to know what the problem was. Was it a problem with my role? No answer to emails or notes or anything, not even a 'Shut up whelp and leave me alone' one time at your shrine to at least let me know you were there and were just ignoring me.
16260, RE: (CON) Thelios the Pious
Sorry I didnt post on my own death sooner. Let me just start off with how much I enjoyed playing Thelios. He was my first character, next to Morphios who some of you might be familiar with. Everyone said, dont start off with a Paladin, so what do I do? I start off with two. What can I say? I love a challenge. The road to empowerment was long and hard. A little advice to anyone who doesnt have empowerment by level 15 or so, dont just say screw it and go on ranking without it, unless your like me and love a challenge. Thelios had his long list of enemies, and not a single PK to his name. I still had a ton of fun and learned a lot. Laries, I sorely missed our lengthy discussions when you went missing. Xandrya, it was a lot of fun. I remember when you first started out and helping you to the Bard Guild in Galadon. I tried to look out for you knowing that it was your first char. Sorry I wasnt around to help you in the end. And yes, I really did enjoy playing a Paladin who wasnt too good to be fun, and recieved more then a few smitings for it. Esmi, you were there to help me out quite a few times in my moments of diminishing faith and doubt, but kept me on the right course. It is a shame we didnt get to talk more after getting inducted into Dawn and then Acolytes. Bamdom, what can I say? We went through a lot together, died together more times then I can count, but you showed me the ropes and helped me through trying to figure out anything, no matter how simple. I know I am forgetting quite a few names that I had more then a little bit of fun with, and Im sorry for that. But you know who you are. Alas, the ending wasnt quite, searching for a word here, quite the way I envisioned it. To the Acolytes, I offer a simple explanation. I was tired, I was drunk, and I was new. Can I plead ignorance on this one? I simply didnt know and didnt think. Sucks I was inducted before I was able to offer an explanation. And if you hate me for it, then take comfort in knowing that my death came only a half hour later. Sorry for any grief I might have caused you in accepting the Head. Thank you to the Imm who restored my Title before my final breath. I really didnt want to be known forever as Thelios the Foolish, though it was most likely deserved. Well, I think this has gone on for long enough now, so if you want to hear more from me, then by all means, post a bit more and I will do the same.
16272, wait...
Posted by Quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you helped raid the village and gave the head to the dawn? didn't know if I misunderstood that there hehe :)
16274, RE: wait...
No no no, someone raided the village and asked if I wanted the Head. So its like why not? Like I said, I was tired and most likey shouldnt have been on not beeing able to think clearly, but, I was uninducted before I got a chance to offer any sort of explanation. So, Im sure there were plenty of pissed off people left after I died and I never heard what happened afterwards. I dont know if I started a war or what. If anyone knows what happened, I would like to know. Once again, sorry.
15920, RE: (CON) Thelios the Pious
Posted by Xandrya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thelios was very fun for a paladin. I still feel bad about that alcohol poisoning death at the wedding. I was afk when you were suffering from it or I would have sung you back to health.

I think you know what Xandrya thought of Thelios. You were really fun to interact with Good Knight, even if you were sometimes mocked for not being the stereotypical, "too good to have fun" paladin.

Good luck on your next! :)
15921, RE: (CON) Thelios the Pious
Posted by Sylvrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I had realized this was going to happen I would have stayed in the Inn a bit longer to continue talking with you a bit more.

Awwww this was sad. Vey touching death scene.

I hope you get reincarnated. ;)

15922, RE: (CON) Thelios the Pious
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sorry man didn't realize.. heh
dimion really didn't need the necklace
not anymore than you did.
but thanks for the offer. :)

15923, ironic.....
Posted by Quiddie/Nurwon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
not much to do with Thelios (sorry Thel but I gotta just say this)don't think I EVER saw you (Dimion) as Nurwon, but as soon as I roll my new char I see you at the inn, damn, woulda been interesting to talk to you again, see how much Dim's "grown" since I last saw him as Quid. :) see you around

-That guy you all love to hate
15924, RE: ironic.....
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
all dim has done towards 'growth' is totally changing the char i created. heh. well i guess all that can be explained soon enough. ye gods elves live a long itme hahaha.

and now back to our show.
thelios, what was the deal anyway?
just curious.

15925, rest in peace man...
Posted by Nurwon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
wow that was a touching moment outside the inn. what a way to go. I had just walked up and saw your last words and something about milk??? ah well, good job, and good luck on your next

Quiddie/Nurwon Du'Roth
15926, RE: (CON) Thelios the Pious
Posted by Laries on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you hit level 35, I was afraid you were going to delete. Unfortunately, this was about the time that I stopped trying to level, so I couldn't really help you out all that much. Congratulations, I enjoyed our interactions immensely :)
-Laries
15927, are you back or what Laries!? or are you just..
Posted by Quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
posting all day long? :)

-Quiddie
15928, Characters have to sleep, then what else is there to do? n/t
Posted by L on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt