Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Ceane the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=15648
15648, (DEL) Ceane the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Feb 21 16:05:38 2003

10 o''clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Ceane perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:93
PK Ratio:0% (closer to 100% is better)

15649, Farewell
Posted by Ceane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate the Anaconda.....

Boring is the best word that sums up my experience with this charactor. As a Warlock devoted to fighting dark mages, I think I only fought Ghuljun once when I was rank 30. I have not seen any dark mages or evil, besides a few healers that just gate around ths land....thus, Im bored. The game needs some hero evils...not another cookie-cutter light-mage with no real direction.

Throwing myself into raids agaisnt the Warders provided a bit of excitement at times, but being solo most of the time, and there being so many of them...made even this rare. Enjoyed fighting Griimbling a few times alone, but normally I couldnt give you much excitement as I was outnumbered during my play times.

I dont think I will be back to the Tower again....some good players inside despite what I thought previously. Sao, Delmuio, I liked traveling with you. The other invokers too...you all do a good job. Cant even think of all the names...Jarold, yeh thats one.

I didnt like fighting Villagers as much. With the exception of Dalayr, whom I just attacked over and over again due to boredom, I usually found myself fighting you in groups or 3 or 4. WHen you have 3 maces cranialing you in unison, makes for a brutal encounter. Gre and Dalayr are the two I give a hats off too.

I'll be back soon, hopefully with something a bit more exciting.

15663, RE: Farewell
Posted by Sao on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad. I liked you. Warlock is definately lacking meat at hero. Shame you didn't get too much fun out of the char. I thought your forms worked well together.
15662, RE: Farewell
Posted by Savraeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was just last night I noticed you praying for me, then went and read your role and made a mental note to come talk to you. And now you go and delete on me ;) Tsk tsk!
15661, RE: Farewell
Posted by Dalayr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I figured you were about to delete. Too bad we did not have many one-on-one fights. That's why I don't like shifters, you never know what combo you will get and it can absolutely suck. Anaconda is great for those who don't know how to fight it (I was rather shocked when I died to my first). Good luck with your next char.

Dalayr.
15650, RE: Farewell
Posted by Thornarcrull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So my elven meat gone. A shame. I've been aiming on you, but you never ever walked alone.

>The game needs some hero evils...not another cookie-cutter light-mage with no real direction.

Do you really think so? Yes? Go and make on, than. Playing goodie is an easy way of life. Try something difficult. Though I don't believe that someone of 'team goodie' will ever make a successful evil character (*provoking*).
Anith is a good... exception, I believe.
(And no, Esmi, I'm not mmocking anyone).
15652, Wherein I take the opportunity...
...to generally decry the "Team Good" and "Team Evil" mindset.

If there's anything I hate lately, it's the mentality of players being on one "Team" or another. "Team Good" vs "Team Evil". Now, it's all well and good to like a given cabal, or religion, or alignment or race... but variety is the spice of life, kids. Furthermore, I tend to feel that letting OOC preferences influence how you play really tends to hurt roleplay. To make a completely hypothetical case... I, as a player, really love/hate Sylvan/Battle/Scion/Warlock/whatever. Because of this, I tend to always help/kill Sylvans/Battle/Scion/Warlock/whatever. Can anyone else see why this would be a bad thing in general? Feel free to replace as need be. Personally, I find there are good reasons to play everything under the sun, and to try and take the time to fight the people you might have been great friends with on the other side of the coin. Remember, roleplaying isn't only done with friends - sometimes it's enemies that make for the absolute coolest roleplay.

As for good and evil, here are the reasons I find, at least :P
Good: I can kill those badass elitist bastards who run around killing everything that moves, and be the hero to the world for doing so. ;)
Evil: I can kill those lameass gear-whore guild sitting paladins and the like, which is something I can't do as my Shokai follower paladin no matter how much I want to. ;)

What I usually think is best for everyone, and which I find most fun, is go play whatever's weakest. It's a challenge - grow a pair! ;) Anyone can be tough when they have ten friends with them - it takes a real man (or woman) to be tough when their enemies are the ones with the ten friends.

Just some random thoughts of mine alone.
Sav, Charter member of Team Underdog
15655, RE: Wherein I take the opportunity...
Honestly, I think we all know, why players prefer to play goodies (not the team good, but goodies): because it's a lot easier (yes, Esmi, I played goodies and I know how to play for the both sides; I played goodie when Istendil played Emperor and Empire hacked everyone left and right, too).
Goodies will help each other, share things, information. They have their lords to be 'soft' with them most of the times (they are goodies; it's not a Lich, that will cut your head off should you unplease him).
And, they have more cabals to go, than evils do. Not everyone like scions, and many players prefer to play uncaballed evil instead of joining scions.
Hell, I'm not whining. ;) This is obvious. But if it so obvious, solution need to be found (there is something going on allready, I suppose).
Do immstuff enjoys the situation where evils are underdogs?
Probably. At least, it's close to the realism, which everyone seems want so bad! I can't leave my office and kill someone on sight. I'll become crminal, and evil person, and will be hunted down by hordes. Hell. I won't do it. ;P

>What I usually think is best for everyone, and which I find
>most fun, is go play whatever's weakest. It's a challenge -
>grow a pair! ;) Anyone can be tough when they have ten
>friends with them - it takes a real man (or woman) to be
>tough when their enemies are the ones with the ten friends.

I take it as a compliment ;)
Yes, that's a lot funnier, though sometimes it's boring - when you have 20 foes to deal with and theyare grouped all the time. Should you find a lone one, he, instead of fighting you, will call the rest while he is running - this is my experience shows. :)

>
>Just some random thoughts of mine alone.
>Sav, Charter member of Team Underdog

Good team. May I be inducted in? :)
15658, I think you missed my point entirely.
There are upsides to playing good. There are downsides too.
There are upsides to playing evil. There are downsides too.

I was generally decrying the mentality of some players, you included, that take personal sides to the conflicts in CF, and let that carry over from character to character. To some extent it's just a fact of human nature, and there are some roles each of us just doesn't enjoy playing. But it's also something that I think is not a good thing, and shouldn't be encouraged.
15659, On the point...
Posted by Ulthur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

While I see your point, I have to say that I personally disagree with it. I don't like playing evils. I even had an evil character in a cabal with a tattoo, and I got sick of playing around level 36 or so. You said "Variety is the spice of life." While that may be true to an extent, it doesn't fit everywhere. If it did, no one would hold a job for a long period of time, no one would get married, and no one would continue to play the same text-based game for years on end!

Ofcourse my personal preferences for what is fun will carry over from character to character. I'm not going to play something I don't like, just for the sake of variety. I guess the point I'm disagreeing with is "But it's also something that I think is not a good thing, and shouldn't be encouraged." The fact that people are playing what they like to play IS a good thing. That's why people keep playing. If you like playing the underdog every time, great. If you like playing evil every time, super. Have fun.

Ulthur
15660, One enjoys challenge, another runs from it. *shrug* nt.
15656, Be a paladin
Posted by Drag0nSt0rm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Follow a dark god like Intronan,
You get the best of both worlds

15657, RE: Be a paladin
Posted by Running Thorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a good idea. Though, I think a paladin of sphere 'honor' would be harder to play. Because, should I play such paladin, I would eventually attack other paladins; if I'd do so, I would be unempowered, most likely. It would end a short, but honorable life of my character. ;) No, I don't think I want to throw my time away more, than now.

Intronan have a good and interesting religion, which I don't fully understand yet (I've spoken to Intronan and some of his followers, but not very much). I like hims as an immortal, and as a leader. But there are too much characters, following him. I never liked to play something usual (and playing drow healer! I should know HOW popular they are... I made this character, thinking 'ha, there is only Trajeona of drow healers!' - and now I can count at least six drow healers). Anyhow, I'll consider your idea.
15653, I personally have trouble playing evil...
Posted by Oddjob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I CAN play evil if I really get a good role in mind but when it comes down to it my evil characters arent even really evil. I think the last evil char of any merit I played was a necromancer master named Gilauxia. Since then I pretty much stick with Neutral/Good (in that order). I have a hard time playing true evil since I dont think I am an evil person or think in that mindset. I know its roleplay and that is what its all about, but when you play a character for say..300 hours, its hard to be evil all of those 300. I can come out of the gates strong and kick puppys and whatnot for a while, but in the end I want to help those around me, dont like spam killing/full looting, and as someone else mentioned I dont like gods who my reward for being a good boy is them NOT maladicting me in some way.

I am a neutral mindset person and I do best with these characters. I would put myself on Team Neutral with a fill in spot on team Good from time to time.
15654, RE: I personally have trouble playing evil...
You don't have to be evil person to play evil characters. It's like cinema: you are an actor, and your character is your role. It's easier for you to play goodies/neutrals? Play them. Playing evil character (in CF) is a challenge. Judging by the situation in game, most of the players do not like challenge and playing to... I won't dig it deeper, why did they play. As I mentioned somewhere else, I would loose respect to myself should I play goodie at this time.

15651, Well actually...
Posted by Ceane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thornarcrull....about all i saw of your charactor was, a few futile gating attempts, then fleeing when I started to constrict or hit you. Trying to hunt an uncabaled healer who has no ties to anything...is damn hard, they just keep running around. I mostly do play evils, and I play them well. I had a respect for you in game, because you did seem to show up a bit. I think I even expressed that to you in game. Your 'elven meat'? Right....If you gate to someone who is ranking or even exploring, yes, they might have someone else with them.

Oh and my last hero was Anith...I wanted to try something diferent for a change and give the tower another try. Loose the attitude, you really arent that impressive.