Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Celdimerick Dazzleflow the Gregarious Mastermind, Provost Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=146488
146488, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Celdimerick Dazzleflow the Gregarious Mastermind, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 9 13:59:29 2024

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Celdimerick perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:692
146491, Simply outstanding character - flavor, style, class
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What are your thoughts on gnome for a transmuter? How well did Sage Defense work? What about Wise Recovery?
146501, RE: Simply outstanding character - flavor, style, class
Posted by Celdimerick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks man, I enjoyed the character and had tons of fun.

Gnomes are great for mages in general, I think. Transmuter race combos are something of a personal preference though, and mostly because different racial stats will make different aspects of the class shine more, which is a great place for a class to be. This being my first transmuter I don't have personal point of comparison between gnome and other races, but I think an elf/drow or svirf transmuter would fight a bit differently. I'd say that gnomes are the midpoint between those two playstyles (a human would be too with different advantages/limitations), so a great choice to get a feel for the class as the other options would lean more into finesse.

Sage defense was a noticeable bump in defensiveness (hard to parry weapons will still be hard to parry weapons though), and wise recovery was a quality-of-life thing (meaning good to have, but doesn't make or break the build, I think Calmed Mind has bigger impact).

Fleshtwister's Awareness I can see being useful for some more aggressive players, but even then, I think the benefits of it are marginal. Cheap edge though.

Grace Under Pressure is great, but I think that in 80% of the fights I was fighting against bleeding and even with repair flesh and stigmata I used accelerate only situationally.
146489, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Celdimerick Dazzleflow the Gregarious Mastermind, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Erorm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why the delete?:( GLWYN
146490, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Celdimerick Dazzleflow the Gregarious Mastermind, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Celdimerick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Real life is kicking my butt, so it was right time to let Cedlimerick go. I'll be back once things settle down.