Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Talin the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Hunted
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14609
14609, (DEL) Talin the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Hunted
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 24 14:19:59 2003

3 o''clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Talin perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:326
PK Ratio:48% (closer to 100% is better)

14610, *sigh* Goodbye man.Well done. Sinlauk.nt
Posted by Nightsteed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
14611, *sigh*
Posted by Talin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh well, my time was up ever since Entropy was deleted. Me and spirit-frog are finally taking that eternal nap. Talin was my first assassin class hero and I LOVED it. Someone recently said that there's very little to compare to one of those "Talin steps out of the shadows and impales you on his sword. You are DEAD." With over twenty odd assassinates and a few... very few non assassinate kills, I'm happy. Talin was a demented char. that believed there was a mystical frog living in his throat known as the spirit-frog. Spirit-frog was an all-knowing all-seeing being that although was ocasionally crass and rude was mostly helpful. An entropist in his life until the cabal was finally deleted. *sigh* Something that I regret very much. Although I do suppose imms had reason what with the people taking advantage of doppleganger, I'd like to say that I didn't. I didn't even have the doppleganger skill and was truly too lazy to ask any immortal why or anything about it. Another strong character trait in almost all my characters reflecting the nature of their creator. I'm happy to have been feared by so many ragers in my time. And if not feared at least a strong annoyance to. One of my favorite assassinates has to be against you Guenrayn. I had tried about three times that day and finally got him while the scions were raiding, praying silently that one of the invokers did not fireball me while I sat and spammed assassinate Guenrayn. Why did I go after ragers? Because I was hunted. Laziness being a key trait and ragers easy targets sitting in their cabal more than paladins, it was the easiest way to try to master assassinate. After you kill a few, however, people begin to notice and poof, hunted. Why did I delete? Just about everyone that I knew was deleted and there was really no reason t' keep going. Sorry 'bout leavin' ya hangin' Tarnyxil, but I was getting bored. Anyways, off to people that I knew and saying how much I loved/respected/hated them.

Entropy:
Mayesha - I've always liked you with all of my chars. You're laid back and almost never get serious. A laid back attitude is always a good attitude.
Pico - Never knew ya.
Acallsho - The cooky hummingbird. I told you a million times that hummingbirds have short lifespans. Due to the rapid flapping of wings, their hearts explode, but ya just didn't listen.
Igor - I'm talking about you, the gnome invoker fellow who had the dual personality that I traveled with ocasionally. Anyways, you were fun to be around, sorry about your malediction. I would try to find a cure if I wasn't so busy doing nothing. Haven't seen you around lately, oh well, you'll show up eventually. Plict Plact!
Bard guy - Didn't see you all too much, we played at different times I suspect, oh well. Few conversations we had were fun. Talking to an entropist is always fun if the content of it does not include "I kill you", "why did you do that", or "I have no respect for you." All of which I have gotten, mostly from ragers that I had killed.

Battle (HAH)
Kulmortuk - Annoying bum. I think I have you by breaking your wrist and disarming you and you down to half health with myself still with 600 and then you come along and in one round bring me to 0. The magic of a rager, *sigh*. Anyways, running away from you which was what I usually did was fun.
Darmok - Teehee. Few battles that did not involve successful assassinates were fun. All of which you won I believe with flurry. You're a decent rager and actually have knowledge of what the term honor which the other ragers use flippantly means. Although if I were told I had no honor I would agree and praise them for noticing it, I still have respect to those who DO have it.
Bryvac - Are you still alive??? Anyways, I never got to assassinate you. Accursed one with the shadows. You were always calm and collected and were resigned to the fact that I'm always there to annoy you.
Guenrayn - Most memorable assassinate (see above). Thanks for congradulating me, few people have good humor when they die. And I'd also like to inform you that it wasn't me that looted you, contrary to what you believed. I never full loot unless I'm completely naked, which means I've full looted a total of one time.
Valarath was it... - Assassinated you with a stick!

Maran (grrr)
Alnallander - Nice knowin' ya. It was fun to watch you take on six scions and get out alive. You have the honor of being my favorite disperse, and undoubtedly your favorite as well. I dispersed you while you were unconscious being spelled up and surrounded by about five scions. I made a few enemies among the scions that day, but most just realized I was an entropist, it's to be expected.
Others - I know there were others, but I just can't remember you, sorry. All in all, I didn't like Maran. They looted and killed neutrals because they need equipment. It may sound scathing but from what I've seen it's true. Sorry to those of you that were actually honorable and my judgement may be askew I know, but oh well, I just have a thing against most Maran I think.

Sylvan
I pretty much stayed away from the grove. I liked what the Sylvan does and think flowers are pretty, so go for it, save them trees 'n stuff.

Scion
Killag - Fun time. You blackjack then we gang, teehee.
Others - Seeing how I spent a good time allied to you you'd think I'd remember more names, but I never was good with names anyways, so poo. Why did I ally with scions? Maran were out to get me from what I'd seen. Hunted by battle. Lots of Nexites didn't like me, but apparently kept it to themselves because I still found others willing to join me in nexus. Didn't travel in forests often enough. Entropy consisted of 4 members that I saw others about once a month. Wasn't really much else I could do. Oh, and warlocks, I assassinated their leader from the goading of my friends, damned peer pressure.

Troupe (banning hunted by battle people, is that right? Or you just began to not like me?)
Iunna - Another laid back person. Must be a trait of felar or somethin'. I liked you, you were fun to be around, although you were often tacit. I think you just liked listening to other people, because you also had a talkative streak in you. Anyways, I'm gonna miss you and your glasses of milk.
Nikuyah - Thanks for all of the rock and ferret stew! I love rock 'n ferret stew! It's the bestest dish in aaaaall the lands. Serve it to random people in honor of meeeee on occasion, okeys?
Drow Trouper person, sorry I forgot your name, maybe it's Shiluzar? I can't recall - Longest name I've given anyone yet, whoohoo. Anyways, great character, didn't know many evil troupers but you somehow pulled it off.
Airael - tailtickle airael. You were fun to be around. I could always find you and you were fun to talk to.
Meladori - Spirit-frog says told me before we left that you are going to grow a third ear in the near future. BEWARE!!!
Arvam - CHICKEN!!! I'm gonna eat you!

Warlocks - Didn't really know any of you I don't think, and if I did I didn't pay attention to the fact that you were a warlock.

Other peoples!
Tarnyxil - Interesting thing we had going on there to begin with. I assassinated you twice you sung me to death twice. Why did I assassinate you? After I had greeted you in hiding you began asking me to tell you that if I saw Talin to tell you where Talin was... You thought that someone was Shaitarak or some other assassin and not me, which was humorous because I got suspicious and assassinated you. When you weren't moving I was about ready to say that he was at the eastern crossroads sitting, but you finally moved and I didn't have to lie. Anyways, we developed a nice friendship after I evened out the score between us. You're fun to have around and stuff.
Nwayreth - You were a blast. I demand of you... fifty fish! Teehee, you set the standard for making me an ally. Henceforth the cost of buying my friendship was precisely fifty fish. I would sell anything for fifty fish, even heroic equipment. Thank Nwayreth people for making it something easy like fifty fish that I demand of you.
Bhagavan - You were annoying before you heroed, but you eventually got me fifty fish, so I'm happy.

Everyone I forgot - I remember you, really, but I think the sentiments we share is uhhh... beyond words, yup, that's it, 'cause I didnt forget you, really! Really!
14629, I will hazard that...
Posted by Larcat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Things like spirit-frog had more to do with entropy's destruction than doppleganger did.
14626, Heh, you made things interesting, at least.
Posted by Taithin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Course, my favorite memory of Talin was when Nunchyk and I went for Yhorian at the Rift, and you came along. The two of you sitting up in the air by the river, not expecting a flying rager to be able to get to you. I dash in, pincer you, you live long enough for me to see...

Talin is convulsing on the ground.
Talin says 'He comes!'
Your parting blow MANGLES Talin!
Talin is DEAD!

Heh. Good times. Cya round perhaps.
14627, That death was all my fault
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was meant to to take blows and somehow talin's commands went in before mine whenever I attacked you, silly dial-up....

That was a good fight though, don't remember if I later died defending but it was a shock to have a flying rager come straight at me. Definetly ballsy.
14628, RE: That death was all my fault
Posted by Taithin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You died almost immediately afterwards, heh. You followed me back to the Sentinel where I pincered you, and Nunchyk ambushed you before any combat rounds even went through, killing you rather horribly and brutally.
14624, RE: *sigh*
Posted by Ulthur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"All in all, I didn't like Maran. They looted and killed neutrals because they need equipment. It may sound scathing but from what I've seen it's true. "

That has to be the most completely inaccurate thing I've ever heard said, by all the characters that didn't like Maran or otherwise. I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just leave it at that.

.ulthur
14625, You're probably right
Anyways, I shape my reality upon what I think happened and things that occur solely in my head. Somehow these things have led me to dislike Maran. This dislike makes me see things that might not be there for all I know, my perception is distorted by my dislike and so I'm not all that accurate. I plan to make a maran soon anyways just to check out the cabal. I've had a servant and warlock hero so I might as well try a Maran, after I'm done with my current uber cheap devil satin character. Hope to see you around the Fortress in the future.
14623, Yeah..
Posted by Tarnyxil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very strange thing we got going on.. you killed me, I killed you.. Tarnyxil is very .. dificult in that .. you attack her, she will take revenge .. and still .. strange, I don't really understand it myself, but it is good to have an ally that can see hidden.. that might be a reason, I really don't know..
And yeah, I did 'think' you were Shaitarak, he was talking talking to me too at that time .. I believe I was after you because not that long before that you assassinated me for the first time .. and as I said, an eye for an eye .. Oh well, I enjoyed the 'safety' feeling afterwards :).. You take care, it was fun,

Tarnyxil
14620, Valarath was NEVER assassinated
Posted by Valarath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tho I almost killed you two or three times, you never got me. Not to sound like a jackass, but you were more of a joke than feared. The people in my time just thought of you as an idiot. There were some pretty funny jokes cracked about you over CB tho. You were good for a laugh and moral boost, good luck with next.
14621, RE: Valarath was NEVER assassinated
Whoops, hrmm... Dunno which one it was. There were always so many storm giants in ragers I can't tell one from the other. Maybe it was Yror or something, I have a memory similar to that of a cat on crack. Anyways, sorry to think it was you, but all you storm giants kinda melded into one ubergiant in my mind, one with spear, sword, mace, polearm, and whip specialties. That uber giant and I had some good times together frolicking in the snow and eating cakes, but I get off topic, anyways, this elusive storm giant that I mistakenly named you could have been Yror, but like I said, I have a bad memory and that is probably wrong.
14622, Yes, you did assassinate Yror once.
Posted by Yror on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You weren't hunted at the time.

You asked me for gear
I said I didn't know you
You said you were a friend
I said sorry
I went afk in the village for a little bit
I came back, go to leave the village and this happens:

<913/913 431m 783mv 3 AM> e
e
Before a fortified hillock

A massive, hunched figure is here, protecting the village throughout the night.
A massive giant says 'Welcome, great warrior.'

<913/913 431m 780mv 3 AM> Without warning, someone steps in front of you.
You see a blur of motion, and the flash of a sword as a sudden pain rips through your abdomen.
Staring down in horror you see your entrails spilling out of your abdomen.
With shock and horror you slowly begin to pitch forward.
You feel a brief stabbing pain in the back and then everything fades to black.
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!
You feel some of your vitality drain out of you with this death.
Better stand up first.

I think you got the "Hunted" title within a week after that.
14619, RE: *sigh*
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After 800+ hours of sweet, sweet muteness, you'll find there's a tendency just to listen to people instead of talk. ;)
14617, RE: *sigh*
Posted by Boogie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'ma echo Larcat's statement below that garbage like 'spirit frog' was much more detrimental to Entropy than people using Dopple to kill. There was one time when you told me 'the great spirit-frog demands whatever-it-was.' I refused, and you promised to hunt me. So, I got a fox so I could see you. Well, the bravado was immediately lost. From then on, I figured your character was just an idiot. It seems that you've confirmed that here.
14618, Pish
I've sworn to kill about half of Thera, many of which were below the tenth rank. I usually just forget and fall asleep, so don't think you're anything special.
14616, Good job
Posted by Acallsho on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations on a successful character! Some people may post that they hate you, they may post that you sucked, that entropy sucks, blah blah blah. A succesfull character is one that you have fun playing and from what I could tell you had a great time with Talin. I didn't like the spirit-frog and told you so IC, but you ignored me and did what you felt like. You were persistent and tried hard which I think puts you head and shoulders above most of CF, including me. If I don't think it's going well for me getting into a cabal I usually just ditch the character. You stuck it out for a good while before we finally let you into entropy. When you applied we didn't want you to turn into another dopple-happy assasination machine so we inducted you without dopple (problem solved). If you were really entropic you probably wouldn't care if you got dopple or not. You never said anything about it so you stayed in. Well, until entropy was deleted I guess. Anyway, you annoyed the heck out of me, but were one of the more memorable characters I've seen around in a while so hats off.
14615, Ohh...
Posted by Killag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yup sure was fun, but as a none mage scion, it really sucks, you have one skill and one power...well...see you around.
14614, Bah, there you go also...
Posted by Airael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. I would always smile seeing you around. You were fun to be with. Take care and I hope to meet you again in another life somewhere. See ya in the fields!
14613, Yhorian - reasons to *like* you
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yhorian thought you were scum, you were serious kill with a bit of zany sprinkled ontop. All that hunting with you was good but you seemed to try to stay on his good side! You fool! Yhorian was designed so people could piss him off and the one time I succeeded in getting it across was when you dispersed me. I seemed angry but i was actually happy you were reacting right at last, just like an entropist should when someone gets pissy. Thanks!

*Pushwance scampers about you, stealing your icecream!*
14612, Goodluck on the next
Posted by delata on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehe, funny little fellar, like talking to you in the guild with lokrin, your were always damn funny and watching you sit in front of the ragers cabal, even funnyir ehh to bad everyones deleted, Well once again good luck spirit frog