Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tolovin Rye the Dweller of the Wilds, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=145924
145924, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tolovin Rye the Dweller of the Wilds, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 7 18:08:30 2024

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Tolovin perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:122
145933, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tolovin Rye the Dweller of the Wilds, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Ergush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for the long delay on goodbyes. Totally got side-tracked by other things.

Tolovin was my first real mortal in quite some time, and I rolled him for several reasons. First, I had surgery in mid-december and can't sit at my normal computer so CF was about the only thing I could do on the laptop. Second, I had always wanted to play a mariner but never could really find the way I wanted to do it. Third, being dormant as a religion and away from CF for so long, I wanted to step back into the mortal world and see how things were going.

Tolovin was meant to be a very low-investment with the only real goal being to knock some dust off the RP muscles and pass time while I was bed-ridden. I didn't even have a role in mind and made up my backstory as I talked through my two interviews for Fort. Then I was given a dream basically telling me to make a role, and so I did it.

Thoughts:

Mariner was lots of fun. I really enjoyed learning places I had only been lead around on prior characters, and exploring under the water. As was expected, mariner was not great on land, and in my hands, mediocre on water. Explorer was fantastic and I got a lot of use out of its various extra skills.

Why did I delete? There were several reasons, but ultimately I achieved what I was looking for with Tolovin. I got to get some RP in, I was an aco, I got to help some folks, but in the end, the combo wasn't my playstyle and left me feeling weak.

Thanks and goodbye:

Bazz and Arin - I didn't get a whole lot of time to speak with either of you, though I got some. I blame it on the holiday season and hope you return to normal play hours now that the seaso nis all done.

Dhuuston - Man, you rock. It was fascinating to see the absolute force multiplication you created when you were in the group. Keep rocking, and keep up that stellar attitude.

Simoes - I had a lot of fun with you, and I learned a lot too. Was it stuff I knew but forgot, some! Several years of not playing and no old notes to reference (I never liked keeping notes) will do that to you.

Aovir - Keep at it! You are learning and thats great.

Thaldrak and Horfik - Sometimes I confused the two of you, but both of you are strong characters. Loved what you both brought to the fort.

Bynna - Talk about walking the hard road. I always wanted to be around you just to now you were okay, and in the end, you always were. Really cool, challenging RP on a good character!

Hylaphiinae - Always fun to have the Reindeer around! Keep the skys clear!

As for enemies, I dont have much in the way of goodbyes. I wanted to RP with you all more, but it just never happened. The big ones were Jaulvad and Iskrith, but I know I tussled with a few others.

145934, Really enjoyed this character.
Posted by Jalim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You helped me out a few times and I enjoyed the RP you brought to the table. Thanks!
145925, This is very sad to see.
Posted by Dhuuston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I’m going to miss you around the Fortress very much. You were quite fun and loved your RP and accent. Really wish you all the best with your next adventure!
145929, Agreed! glwyn nt
Posted by Arinayar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM