Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Anxor the Learned of Owaza, Magistrate of G
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14577
14577, (DEL) Anxor the Learned of Owaza, Magistrate of G
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 23 01:10:22 2003

2 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Anxor perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:362
PK Ratio:94% (closer to 100% is better)

14578, I knew it!
Posted by Quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
shoulda killed you when in the woods with that warrior. yeah I still remember that! heheh, I let you off easy (despite you probbly woulda fled and then stalked me) and then you go and kill me on the road? bah! heheh nice job, good luck on your next
14579, Well time to go for a while
Posted by Xaannix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I deleted because i dont have enough time to play anymore. I didnt delete because of the gear, with 97% assassinate just get a dagger or sword, some food and water, and go kill someone. Easy to regear nicely. 21 credit hours, girlfriend, running a business, its just too much. Im graduating in May and I really need to hit the books this semester. I wish there were enough hours in the day.

I really liked enjoyed playing this character. It was fun. Tried to perfect assassinate, got it to 96-97 or something without dying, i stopped checking its % a long time ago. Perfecting it was just a matter of time. Logged em for a while then i stopped. I never full looted anyone, in fact, often i would not loot at all short of the money. I think i was subconsciously trying to die so i would have a reason to delete :) I suppose thats why I attacked Ilados and some mace spec warrior who was wanted. Even with 2 etched pendants and 2 guards was tough as hell. I was going to prep but i said, wth, screw it. I thought about going to the enforcer and making them come to me but, was just too damn lazy and bored to bother. The best thing about this character, was the fact that I could kill anyone who didnt see me, given the opportunity. Asked a mage to locate a piece of gear i wanted, and then found and killed the person who carried it. Lots of fun.

I tried to RP some, but im not that good at it...yet. I guess it came from newbiedom, when i was trying to simply survive and PK, forsaking RP. With Anxor, i died a lot at sub 20 ranks. Mostly trying to kill paladins and taking devs and what not from wrath. Then died a few times trying to kill villagers at lowbie ranks, mace/axe/h2h warriors. Died about 15 times i think, not sure. When i roll something again I will have to try and RP some more and think about the role before i roll, not after. :(

I realized all my characters follow a specific pattern:
Roll
Rank
Kill
Get gear
Rank some more
Kill whoever, whenever, for whatever reason
Get super decked
get bored
mess around
die
delete

I really need to get out of this pattern with my next. Suggestions are welcome. :)

I am not ignorant of the fact that a lot of people had a problem with me stalking in town and then killing people as they went out the gate. Well, its not as easy as it seems when youre a trib. I had lowbies fighting all the time, chasin with guards, manacles, guardcall...etc. I couldnt keep my guards with me because all someone had to do to check if i was in town was 'where special.'

a special guard The Assassin's Bar :)

Goodbyes

Valguarnera - i didnt have a grasp for your religion until later on, when it was way too late and i had lost the taste for the character. Getting kicked out of trib for a missed assassination in town wasnt exactly what we talked about. :P I tried to RP sphere truth, by not lying, and simply avoiding the question if I would have had to lie to answer it. I missed that whole thing about a 'goal.' Ill do better next time.

Jhalstruvv - nice going, keep it up. I had thought about quitting tribunal and just going around hunting all the time with you. We woulda made a kick ass team. I just dont have the time anymore, sorry. When i killed you that time when you were wanted, I was SOOO tempted to loot all your stuff. But i was sphere Truth, i told you i wouldnt take anything, and i could not lie. Only reason why i didnt have the strange bracers and the other etched was beacuse they were on you. Har.

Farnsworth - i think youre a total ass, but a nice character overall. Nice RP, very cold very cool. COngratulations on making vindicator. Reminds me of someone but I wont say who....someone i really hated. When you gave me that quest to get back into tribs, it was so tedious and time consuming...got me pissed off to no end, but i did it anyhow. I really wanted to just say 'screw it' and simply make your life a living hell, which would have been easily accomplished. I always wanted to assassinate a trib anyway...next time i guess. We did have some good arguments though. About Laws and Order. How can you say Order can exist without Laws, and that Order preceeds Law?!? Its a fallacy of reason. I hope its just your RP or something. Good job, good evil guy and great character.

Jalim - yeah you beat me to perfecting it, but only because i cant play 7 hours a day. :P You did nicely.

I hated thieves most of all, second to duergar axe spec villagers. It wasnt because they could kill me, but i didnt want to lose all my stuff in the inventory. Ton of vuln swords/daggers and huge bag full of preps. Only thieves i was scared of dying to, were old thieves. After playing Ajoul and Adgento, i knew what they could do.

Anyway, ill be taking a break from CF for a while. Just too much to do, cant keep up with all of it. Ill probably be back in may or so.
To all the people I did not mention...its 2 am, got class tomorrow from 8 am to 10 pm, need to sleep. If you write something, ill respond accordingly. It was fun and ill be back maybe wtih another assassin, so i can do it right this time. Trying to perfect assassinate and being a trib is a pain in the neck. Its like trying to drive a car with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake. Heh.

See you all again in a few months. It was fun.
Xaannix
AimNick - Xaannix

PS Noldruk, you annoyed me so much that I wanted to kill you instead of joining the Spire.

14580, RE: Well time to go for a while
Posted by Intronan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lord Kiadana thanks you.
14581, That was you?!
IT was fun! Thanks. I think, given what anxor was all about, i shoulda gone sphere death, but oh well, maybe next time.
14582, RE: (DEL) Anxor the Learned of Owaza, Magistrate of G
Posted by Leviathe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done. I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck on your next.

14583, You look pretty competent
i hope you get a big fat axe and whack all those goodies running around. I cant stand goodies for some reason. I never play them. Just keep your wits about you and you should do great. Good luck.