Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Gaerak the Avenger of the Righteous
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14568
14568, (DEL) Gaerak the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 23 00:05:44 2003

3 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Gaerak perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:192
PK Ratio:33% (closer to 100% is better)

14569, Another learning lesson
Posted by Gaerak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, following Arvam was very very interesting, and quite
educating to say the least. I have no regrets on how I played
this character, I was actually having some fun with him, until
the very end. I was a tribunal and unempowered one at that, for
well over two weeks, and in my opinion I did rather well given
my loss of powers. I was removed by Lady Bria, for not having
my Lords blessing and I understand the reason behind it.

14574, RE: Another learning lesson
Posted by Derdhuin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember meeting you in the 20s in the new Dol Goldur. We were the leaders of our groups and all I can remember is that we had what I consider a very good interaction and you being the first player that my character respected.

I lost touch with you shortly after that, I'm glad you had a good time with Gaerak!
14573, RE: Another learning lesson
Posted by Abthalok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I spoke with you a few times towards the end of Ab's life, and I always enjoyed our talks. We never got into your loss of empowerment however, you just said you had lossed your passion and rightly so got a kick in the pants for it. From what I've seen, loosing empowerment is always crushing thing for a char, and they usually get the cabaled boot shortly there after. Rarely have I seen comebacks. You seemed like you could have pulled it off however, live and learn I suppose.
14572, RE: Another learning lesson
Posted by Thornarcrull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damnit. I gave you two pendants and some nice sword - and you deleted. I hope not 'dark gifts' were a reason for your unempowerment (my character has a good reason to pass items to you). Probably only one paladin that my priest respected. And I probably know, why. :)
14570, Heh, You very much deserved to get unempowered..
Posted by Romanul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Rykazlin you took my copper even though you knew it came from stalking and killing people, not necessarily wanted people. Then you were going to request a wavedancer for me, which I thought was completely ##### for a paladin to do for a neutral..from help request "Do NOT request for other players, even if they are good".

Luck with the next and all that.
Romanul.
14571, RE: Heh, You very much deserved to get unempowered..
Posted by Gaerak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"As Rykazlin you took my copper even though you knew it came from stalking and killing people, not necessarily wanted people. Then you were going to request a wavedancer for me, which I thought was completely ##### for a paladin to do for a neutral..from help request "Do NOT request for other players, even if they are good".
Luck with the next and all that.
Romanul."

You must have me mistakened for another Paladin, as I never requested anything for anyone else.

Anyway, a talk I had with Arvam at the end is the reason I deleted. I did this in respect for his wishes and for mine as well.

I have no hard feelings towards Arvam or Shokai, they were blunt and to the point and actually took some of their own time and discussed Gaerak and his character overall.

14575, RE: (DEL) Gaerak the Avenger of the Righteous
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hrm for some reason ithought you were a tribby.. did i miss something there?

14576, I thought the same....in fact I am almost positive.... n/t
Posted by Quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t