Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Norgrin Virtuestone the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=145650
145650, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Norgrin Virtuestone the Champion of the Virtues, Initiate of the Jaguar
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 20 23:20:33 2023

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Norgrin perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:141
145659, Great job dude. You're really taking it to task and improving immensely.
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

The basic mechanics are really coming together for you. Also, I think
you are learning the RP expectations here and have seen that so many
of us vets and just casual players can really help fine tune your personal character.

Youve been pretty amazing for an up and comer, and you did a great job!

Now roll something else entirely different!!
145654, Keep at it!
Posted by FullmoonCat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job rolling with the punches as a new player and not getting too frustrated. You faced a few really tough enemies and just kept going, which is very respectable.

Once piece of constructive criticism is, you often spoke in a very OOC way on cabal chat. Your character should be more of a "character," especially in public chats like CB. With you, I just felt like it was a player who needed to ask questions, no character really. I would suggest keeping things a little more in character in most settings, and reserve those kind of OOC questions that are unavoidable especially for new players for the "newbie" channel or private tells to people you have connections with in game.
145652, GLWYN
Posted by Arinayar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed (somewhat?) new but were learning well I think. Paladin isn't always the easiest choice, especially with Baer on vacation.

I think you would have done well if you stuck it out a bit more but play what you enjoy first!

See you with the next.
145660, RE: GLWYN
Posted by Norgrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aye, my second toon. I'm not playing anything requires imm interaction any time soon for sure :)

Really didn't like strategy of postponing virtues for someone new. If it's experienced played it may be right, since you really need to understand what build one wants to play and give them the right virtue, but with noob. Well, sounds strange to me.
145680, A little advice
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a huge soft spot for our newbies and I really respect that you're diving in and learning the game so well. That said, this is not the right attitude to take. Paladins do not need virtues to be amazing, and expecting one in under 100 hours is optimistic. You made progress on your RP but I struggled to see you delving very much into the specifics of Baer's religion. Our last chat was all about how you were going to explore and be a goodie. That's actually a perfectly acceptable role for an easy going Joihe paladin, but Baer needs her people to explore their morality a little more, otherwise we're just staring at each other blankly in the shrine for hours on end.

My vacation was definitely ill timed and I apologize that I did not have more time to work with you on RP things. Good luck with your next ones.
145685, RE: A little advice
Posted by Norgrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, actually looking back, I understand that the time to start paladin was not perfect for sure. For PVE it's super easy class to play and basically any race can do well in any specialization. But apparently doing dwarf with shield spec paladin was super stupid.

I've read people discussing how right virtues will empower gameplay and abilities of Paladin in PVP, I didn't get an impression of that it's that minor.

Anyway thanks for good word. And your vocation is ALWAYS perfectly timed, never let some whines get into it :)
145686, RE: A little advice
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think dwarf shield is just about the worst paladin combo. I did it in 2022. I’ve done a lot of paladins.

As to virtues yes they’re super nice. But one of my more fun paladins didn’t even get empowered and I still had a fun time at hero exploring and interacting. I’ve never even had a double virtue paladin either!!

Good job and good attitude. Hope your next few chars are bangers.