Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Hustrew the Champion of the Virtues, Avowed of Azorinne
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=145247
145247, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Hustrew the Champion of the Virtues, Avowed of Azorinne
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 13 12:24:14 2023

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Hustrew perished, never to return.
Race:azure
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:184
145248, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Hustrew the Champion of the Vi...
Posted by Gnomme on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was the perfect follow-up character for me after doing Acadus. I wanted something that felt much more self-sufficient and easier to pilot in PVP and this fit the bill for me. I went Fortress and Azorinne because I really still felt like a noob and going for a cabal and an active IMM seemed like the right recipe.

Monk is a lot of fun and I would absolutely roll another. The hardest part was sealing a kill, but I think with some better knowledge of maps/rooms I could improve. The most annoying part was mana management, but honestly, for certain classes the only way they were able to deal with me was to wear down my mana, so I understand why it is the way it is.

I know I'm missing people, but a few shout-outs:

Fortress

Azorrine/Baerinika You two are rock-stars! Azorinne, thank you for being available and easy to engage for a newb like myself, you deepened the character for me, and I was hoping to write another role entry to engage you again, but work/family needs my full attention right now.

Such a great crew in the Fortress and some great adventures with you guys/gals.

Bazz! You are the glue my friend. I'll miss our adventures.

Garrick -- always such a presence-- wish we got to be on together more often.

Arinayar -- the only one in Fortress who rolled around the same time as me? Fortress is going to love having you around at Hero.

Lasuira, Makdran, Erorm, Gaelisar, Brijon, Gochon-- loved learning from all of you. One of the big reasons I went for the Cabal was some built-in learning time with veterans. I appreciate it.

Aobe -- thanks for being there when I took off for the Azure Fields!

Tribunal

What can I say? - Hustrew had a strange relationship with the Spire since so many were Evil, but Hustrew had decided to stick closely to the Code despite being a Maran.

Outlander

For me, Outlander was really summed up by one name: Korgosodom

You are a boss dude, going from having you kick my butt as Acadus to forcing you to flee as Hustrew was enlightening. It wasn't like I was ever going to kill you, but still.. XD

Battle

Xzelyx -- One of my favorite characters. I had to walk a thin line with you as a Maran. Hustrew had a lot of respect for him even though they didn't see eye to eye and he was forced to call down that wrath.

Scion

Had fun with the big bads over in the Chasm - Viera, Vaskal, Faeha. Hustrew wouldn't have been half as fun if I didn't get to tangle with the three of you.

Empire

Sulirye/Svarden and now Drucin/Bokrahr/Laisren -- All memorable interactions with each of you. I did enjoy bantering with you Drucin, Thanks for engaging my Paladin babbling!