Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14484
14484, (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 21 14:02:51 2003

11 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Blasdhemius perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:191
PK Ratio:75% (closer to 100% is better)

14485, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Blasd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Finally gone.

Imms: necromancer without the quest sucks, worthless and absolutely no fun to play. I wished to age die, but lost interest after 150 hours of playing-praying (I spectred in like 40-50 BECAUSE I wanted to get the lich quest).

Would I enjoy the lichedom? No idea. I like the quests itself.

Scions: you got purged... right. You deserved that.

Sylvans: pathetic. Raiding together with duergars/drows or conjurers really made me sad (I had some lovely lusting scions early, so don't ##### my brains, I know how they should be played).

Ragers: as always, you suck a long, tasty d@#k without your head. Go on, you are skilled in that.

Dawns: huh? Raiding? Wow. You are progressing!

Marans: huh? together with duergar villagers and minotaurs too? Wow! Keep it going, and soon you'll become another Chasm.

Intornan: damn you for burning entropy! You have to make another entropy cabal now, since you gone from the village. My favorite cabal, though I never been inside. :P

Tribunals: never ever ever interracted with you, except for the pleasing invitation to the city for removing my flag. Yeah, coming, sir! I'll better kill myself somehow. But hey, I died often enough, so flag never bothered me!

The rest: I don't recall any of you. No personal goodbyes, since I hate you all. As the true necromancer shall. Rot!

P.S. I had fun, thank you all :) This note posted by my necro, but not me. See you in the fields!

14493, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok, 55 at less than 200 hours? Just me, or did you age real fast? As for the character...well, you stopped showing, and that never endears me to a character. In fact, the surest way to make me loathe one. Think there was just too many spectres in the chasm at once, and you all lost interest at once.
14486, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Imms: necromancer without the quest sucks, worthless and
>absolutely no fun to play. I wished to age die, but lost
>interest after 150 hours of playing-praying (I spectred in
>like 40-50 BECAUSE I wanted to get the lich quest).

I can't imagine you'll take any of what I intend to say well, but just for kicks (or possibly the benefit of other would-be lichbies):

- If you want to get a quest it would help if your roleplaying is good. Ideally, you should be the kind of character that others want to roleplay with on purpose. This is not a matter of rules, but simple human nature -- if you were going to have to spend an hour or so checking and balancing various items for a lich quest and then some more time doing the interactions for it, would you rather do it for a character that was genuinely fun to roleplay with, or would you rather do it for a character who was a chore to roleplay with?

One good step in that direction would be: I shouldn't get (accurate) prays from other players complaining about how abysmal your RP is in this situation or that.

- Sending up seemingly unprompted prays of the form, "I guess I'm never gonna get a lich quest. Huh? Huh?!" yourself is . . . well, I can't see how you think that would help you.

- If you're going to try to get a lichquest . . . you actually have to go to the lichmaker or your designated lichmaker substitute (and expect resistance if you try for the latter, much like if you try to get tattooed by Cador at this point). Praying from Galadon and saying, "Soo.... if I went to see the lichmaker, would he talk to me today? 'cause I sure as hell don't want to walk all that damn way if not." isn't getting you anywhere.

I could probably go on, but I don't see the point.

14487, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Blasd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried every ways, and yes, the last pray was something like '##### you :)'. RP? Not all of us is american native and not all of us can RP so well, as american native due to the language restrictions. So we suck at RP. Are we worse than you are? Seems so.
I can't recall that I prayed from the Galadon. Probably near arboria, on the way there. But most of the time - from the church. Bah, I just think you are lazy racistical bastard, who hone only immchars! :) :) :)
14490, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Specifically, if I'm going to go through the process of designing and getting a lichquest approved, I need something to work with. A couple notes:

1) Prays from places like Udgaard, Hamsah Mu'Tazz, the Scion cabal, and the like don't count. Liches aren't going to make the trip to visit you.

2) Basing your character's RP around wanting to destroy all liches, and telling the liches this.... makes concocting a believable interaction where the lich in question actually wants to help you somewhat difficult.

3) Praying to make comments about how the people doing the lichquests just aren't up to your standards or speedy service just doesn't motivate me. Especially when you are doing it while I'm watching you to get a feel for your roleplay, and seeing you go quasi-OOC to other mortals.

4) As for your theory that Nepenthe is racistical and only gives out lichquests to immchars, the two who had lichquests during or around Blesdhemius' lifetime (Jaslanna and Khurmen) were, as far as I know, played by people who are not on staff.

5) You deleted at <200 hours. If you power rank to 47 and start looking while your character has 50 hours or so, you can expect that we're going to wait a bit to see how your character fleshes out. Frankly, I watched from time to time, and I never saw any roleplay beyond "I'd sure like a lichquest", and it had nothing to do with the language barrier.
14491, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Nefarmatan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, since you gave a good list of things not to do, what
should those that seek lichdom do? Is there things we can
do that make it easier on the Imm's? Do we need to send a
note up that we would like this so you can start looking,
or will you just up and start the quest at a time?
14492, RE: (DEL) Blasdhemius the Spectre
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Generally speaking, come up with a plan for convincing/deceiving/etc. an evil being of great power to teach you what is needed. Become a Spectre. Carry your plan out IC, skipping stuff like emails and whatever. Find a way to let the immortals who handle these sorts of things know- this can be by an IC pray (*), mentioning it to a religion/cabal patron in another context, or just discussing it with other mortals enough that the people watching you will catch on. We know that most Spectres want one, though, and we've had some success getting them to most of the ones that were around for a bit.

(*) My own gimmick was to pray to my patron for the kinds of values espoused by his religion- clarity of mind, sound judgement, all that. From there, head to Being Of Choice and do what seemed right. Took a number of visits for me, including a few unsuccessful conversations- the NPC in question's personality didn't exactly mesh well with my Starcrowned angle. :) All part of the show.
14489, *Racistical* - I now have a new favorite word. (nt)
Posted by Crazy for you on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
14488, Uhmm...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being a foreigner doesn't exempt you from RPing, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. CF is a RP enviornment, and without RP, you will find many MANY avenues of greater fun cut off to you. Lichdom is naturally one of them.