Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Cantareth the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=144529
144529, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Cantareth the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 28 15:16:20 2023

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Cantareth perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:129
144539, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Cantareth the Grand Master of Ch...
Posted by Adrigon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anyway, I played Cantareth and he auto'd now. Rolled him up to sneak back a little into CF. The intention was to experiment with evil outlander powers in combo with off/air shifter. Windwalk + ignite should be really useful. They were. Also just chameleon for AFK activites gave a way more serene CF experience.

But I really struggled with the problem I'm guessing many shifters struggle with: you get your forms and, well, I guess it's time to spam bite or possibly rake now. For forms I got alligator which I rerolled into grizzly bear which I think was the right thing to do. The bear was good in so far that it outputted a lot of damage and had that random skill negation from scales.

For air I got hummingbird which was great for exploration with others as I could tank. It was not very good for PK though - where I had the intention of softening up my target with an airform and then eventually surprising them with grizzly damage. The form was doing so little damage it wasn't really noticeable. Flyto peck was very underwhelming :). On top of it I got a few quests to kill other players which was surprisingly difficult. People are way to skilled these days.

But I'm sure if I had stuck with it and played around some more I could have landed in how to best use the forms. I did buy the silencing bite edge but that ended up working like 5% of the bites, if that. Not doing that again.

It was challenging with the limitations as Outlander. Faced plenty of shamans who liked to place some good old plague and poison and I didn't have a good healer near my recall to help. The potion/pills I knew of were too low level to be of use. I often ended up having to just sleep off the plague. Again I think with exploration that could have been improved upon. Even bleeding was a problem.

I didn't really get into the groove with Cantareth at the end of the day and finally rolled something else and then he was doomed. Thank you to everyone I interacted with!