Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Tofun Bumblefoot the Mistress of the Night, Bartender of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=144503
144503, (RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Tofun Bumblefoot the Mistress of the Night, Bartender of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 24 08:47:04 2023

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Tofun perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:37
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:99
144522, Sweet & Sour grapes
Posted by Ignolmeer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I having been a DM and character player lately in "D&D, 5e" with my kids and friends, and recently become a fan of Critical Role (TM). This spurned a desire to RP and cut it up with the cast of players in Carrion Fields after 4+ years of walking away from CF. So "By what name do I wish to mourned?" Tofun.

I made a true neutral thug thief, who wanted to go on adventures and bring anyone and everyone along for the ride. Spread whatever knowledge I had that was still relevant and just make things fun.

Sadly it took less than a 100 hours to remember why I walked away from playing mortals. The fun for me is always ruined by "murder hobos". That's no fun for me and destroys the immersion of RP. And so, I'll just keep looking in on occasion at the updates and changes with fond memories of what I had had as if it were not like this before (which I know it was).

To those of you who are role-playing, immersing, and trying with all your might to make this a better game I salute you and give you my admiration.

To the Troupe, it always been a pleasure to don the roles with you and make quite the adventures. Every one of you was a joy for me to interact with. and I never had a bad experience.

To the Immortals that pour their blood, sweat and tears into this game. I give you my utmost respect for your patience, and how graciously you give your time to the game. You truly work to give the realm a life beyond that program.

Best wishes for you all,

Iggy
144523, RE: Murder Hobos
Posted by FullmoonCat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never met your character, so this is just relating as a fellow returning player to what you said. And sorry to see you will not be sticking around, if you are so RP-focused because the game does need more people like you, and I am sorry I never encountered your character with any of mine.

Anyway, sadly the game mechanics of CF really promote a certain amount of "Murder Hobo." In D&D, your character's motivations for an adventure are generally pretty clear, and it isn't to just go get XP and level up. In CF, since it's more of a sandbox, you are often literally doing just that. So your character goals have to be set by you to have a good time, if that is your focus.

I try to think of players who only focus on PK as roaming mobs, basically. If they aren't going to RP, oh well. They are just the most powerful monsters in the game. In that sense, they are another challenge to overcome and do not detract from the great RP I have with those who care to participate.

Anyway, just my thoughts trying to reel in more RP-centric people we desperately need. Come back!
144524, RE: Sweet & Sour grapes
Posted by Sulirye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man, I liked Tofun. I enjoyed our small interactions and was waiting to see what svirf concotions you would come up with. Yeah, that whole true neutral svif herald is everyone's enemy so no wonder you were attacked...oh wait. Yeah, a lot of people still care about padding their PK stats more so then actually being a character. Sure there is a spot for the random Murder Hobo psycho, but honestly, those people really miss out on so many deeper connections that make the game better. Targetting a neutral herald thief is just meh, and I know no matter what type of character I am playing, I'd much rather have a thief ally.

I really hope you do come back, b/c the game needs more RPers and people who want to make the game more alive. I will admit, sometimes roleplaying with a wall goes further then some of the players.
144525, Perspective
Posted by AnonSourGrape on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure an ex IMM having a huge OOC meltdown because they got killed by an AP doesn't really warrant much sympathy but for sure if they can get back into the groove where they don't mind dying and remember PK is an option of CF they will be awesome. I'd rather have a quiet AP kill me than deal with someone OOC IC.
144508, Aw man...
Posted by Eralastorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had big plans for you!

You were fun to be around, its sad to see you go.

GLWYN
144505, OH NO!
Posted by Merthoc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am SO. SAD. about this! I really liked hanging out with you! I felt like at times I might have stepped on your little bartender toes when we were together and tried to avoid it later on so I'm sorry if it seemed that way! Loved the character! GLWYN!
144504, Guess it wasnt Too Fun after all? n/t
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)