Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Adozo U'anhocci the Breathless Borrower, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=144150
144150, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Adozo U'anhocci the Breathless Borrower, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Feb 15 10:35:17 2023

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Adozo perished, never to return.
Race:saurian
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:249
144151, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Adozo U'anhocci the Breathless Borrower, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Posted by Athald on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Adozo, and you were clearly very competent. My one constructive criticism: to me, you came on a little strong on the leader channel with your complaints about various members' PK skills. Not that you were wrong; the tone just felt a little out of character for Adozo.

It was less "here are my brethren who are suffering because they can't handle the terrible forces that seek to destroy us; I am moved to help them because of my great love for them" and more "this person is derpy and I'm pretty sure they're never going to get better."
144156, Good feedback!
Posted by Adozo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The intent and the feelings of Acolytes were that it was important for the Marshall and the Captain to "coach" and mentor many newbies in Fortress. This was a mini-topic of discussion between me and a few others. So my goal with some of those comments on LD was to encourage you and Coqui to train them in tactics - basically, literally teach them to PK.

From Adozo's perspective, the pain of trying to save someone fighting and then having them, as you put correctly, "derp it" was excruciating. It was the "Collectors winning". I cannot tell you how many times I would see someone dead and then ask - well, why didn't you announce you were fighting? Or why did you go in alone against 2-3? So every time a Fortie died, Adozo felt like he personally failed.

Now, it's very important for me to hear your feedback because clearly and regardless of background/intentions, it came off potentially negatively. So thank you, and I'll try to phrase things differently next time.

I love your character and interacted with you both as Krimzar and Adozo. Keep on trucking - Fortress is lucky to have your powerhouse and it's also fun to see someone take a thief to the limits!!!