Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Aubrasz the Master of Ice
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=144069
144069, (DELETED) [SCION] Aubrasz the Master of Ice
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 28 14:50:20 2023

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Aubrasz perished, never to return.
Race:saurian
Class:invoker
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:128
144070, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubrasz the Master of Ice
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whyyyyyyyyy
144071, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubrasz the Master of Ice
Posted by Aubrasz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because I suck. I ate so many deaths both pk and mob wise that I had already burned through 4 con or so just at lvl 45. The start of the char I had a great role concept, got rewarded nicely for it and had a vision. However as I played, the rp came harder and harder to fall into and in the end basically just felt like all it was, was me adding 'sss' to my words.

A second issue was I just really got tired of the player base honestly. I get it, dont play evil. Instead I should just roll a goodie since they have numbers and be like everyone else (sort of in jest). However it sucks when you have EVERYONE hunting you for HOURS, and you cant enjoy the game or do anything. You have Fort defending Village (mages at that, the irony), you have evils defending Fort, you have applicants preventing you from retrieving as well. I just grew tired of the uphill battle and it honestly was not fun. Another thing that was irksome which can not be proven but I would be on in a remote location (only 30mins on, and not a common location I would use) and someone would log on and be there within 5mins and already lagging me. *shrug* Not just one char but it spanned a few. Maybe lucky and legit but just hard to shrug off. Not accusing anyone, just how I felt.

The third issue was just the race in general. I hated it, and wasnt a fan really of the race. Thats just me, I rather other options and it felt like it made a hard task even HARDER already. My Pk range sucked, as I had people regularly 5-9 lvls on me on average. And then there was the gear issue. I couldnt find any real good gear for mages that would fit saurian. I would try a lot of felar/arial stuff and it would give me that it wasnt ment for me. *shrug*

Lastly I think my ego just took too much of a pounding :) Both pk wise, and eattinf 8 mob deaths while under 1k to lvl.

Ah well, will take the little I learned from this and apply it again some day. Thanks to Ulu for the only alley I really had (even though you got me 3 or 4 mob deaths when I was about to rank heh). Not sure Scion is my bag, I rather just go Trib or Reaver for that kind of evil
144072, Nobody's defending enemy cabals to hunt you.
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's just that you're an enemy too, and not behind an outer so it's easier to just go for you.

Adding ssss to every say is the best part of being saurian.
144073, RE: Nobody's defending enemy cabals to hunt you.
Posted by Aubrasz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*shrug*
When you have someone sitting at a different cabal for 30mins real time or longer waiting for you, I call that defending. Not saying they called out to have you come, but its still defending it. Granted the one who would kill me would then go away..but the next person in their cabal would now be there waiting.

Like I said, just something that kills the fun so I move on.