Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Daressumli Ashbeard the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=143863
143863, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Daressumli Ashbeard the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 20 21:45:40 2022

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Daressumli perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:307
143865, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Daressumli Ashbeard the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a fun ride with a lot of ups and downs. When I first got into village, it was all but a ghost town. Everything that was given to the character wasn't expected as far as the leadership, the teachings and all that. I was just playing my rage filled character trying to get mage kills, playing crazy like I always do. Village is just the best for that part.

Thanks Panmorne! I didn't really ask for anything, and didn't follow a deity but, you were about the only one I respected, I tended to be more casual with the others if interacting with them. I find the surprise interactions much more fun than going to a shrine, so each time you surprised me was always a pleasure, even if you didn't teach me, though I sure didn't mind it though. First time Ever had a warrior with more than two legacies. Hope I lived up to not being a ninny.

Battle:

Battle is just a fun Cabal.

Ravln - We brought it out the dirt, and did the work! Good luck, you got this, we had a blast busting up things for sure.

Ciaellell - You were a great turning point in the war, made the outlanders sleep a lot more, that's for sure. Was def a sigh of relief having you and Mali kicking some butt with that build.

Grivs - Glad you stayed as long as you did even after that situation, was fun rolling with you in the outtie wars.

Eencho you were my favorite wee gnome, your attitude was awesome and loved the char.

Rethi, woulda tore up the INN for you that night, was sad to see you go.

Mali, I thought you were doing just fine and was hoping for some more fun.

Arietta - You make a bard in village look pretty badass, you were great to have along.

So many more of you guys, glad I was able to work on getting the village up and bringing all you guys in. Was fun seeing all your different stories and backgrounds, and where you are headed. I imagine we'll meet again in a different form!

Outlander:

I know the war seemed out or out of place to you, but when the Cabal took on 3 mage leaders, and basically the rest of the cabal was like 8 non-leader shifters, invoker, and like two rangers, sure we were outnumbered, but war was coming. It was RP, it was fitting for Battle, and sure you were kicking ass in the beginning, but how you all just dipped when it started to turn, eh...

Tunathiel - You were a tough bastard, was a fun fight 1v1, probably the toughest mage out there to deal with, but at least you gave me some good fights, then sometimes you'd gank the ever living #### outta me, but that's village life so ain't mad, except c word is more OP than deathblow

Ompy - I don't have really much to say to you, because I don't really have much good to say, and well, hope you improve as a player as some of your actions just don't sit well with me. Sure you were a tough fight, but, you just didn't take chances at all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's okay to die.

Woryss - We had some great RP moments and I was glad to get you that one time where I basically made all the mages scatter for their lives! I am glad you did fight a bit, you were actually pretty tough, but the not being RP at by other players was refreshing and I enjoyed the convos.

Tribunal:

Reginold - Hope I made life Interesting for you a little bit. I know there was tension near the end but when I play villagers, I do live by the tablet and rules so what I did was based on the tablet. Was a fun frienemy relationship. BTW, Temp Champion is fing utter #### 100% please nerf, there is no reason why you should take less damage than an elf stsf/flow build. Just fing ridiculous, I get fighting a wall, but that was just dumb.

Nygara - Hated you at first, you came off mouthy, but chilled out a bit and you started to seem to get into your element a bit more. Had fun fighting you you squirmy little bastard, but when you said "You'll never kill me" I had to go that extra mile then to prove that wrong, but I was cool just keeping it fun in the city and letting you use your powers and disrupting them.

CLodomir - You were fun. Even though nailing you down wasn't ever going to work for me, fighting you and messing with you when you were protecting the magi was fun. You seemed to enjoy the disruption a bit too, I always do as a magistrate, to have something to do.

Fortress:

I get the RP angle of Acolytes, and not wanting to kill neutrals overall, but boy do you make a villagers day super boring when you're my only enemies. Though def awesome you stuck to your choices in that. Didn't like trying to raid or hit the maran to get you out, but sometimes, you just gotta go all out. I hope you understand my perspective, as I tried to understand yours as well.

Gralkar - Sorry about the last encounter, and if it seemed like I was working with your enemies, I really wasn't, I just wanted the mage kill, and while I did get you a few times, I really did try to limit going after you. Please don't be mad at me, just RPing my character.

Coqui - You and the other transmuter, so frustrating DUO + sneak is. Glad we could fight, but you were one of the few I could not get a poncho from.

Gabooca - Oof, you too. air forms pfft... go fly a kite lol. At least you did give me one fight even though I was at like 400hp when you came in.

Athald - Fun thief, that last big fight was awesome and was fun experiencing your combat a bit, had me worried there a few times, but you were slippery enough to avoid my entwining. I know that's scary for those who can't word though you could in some ways I imagine.

Didn't interact with many other fortress but a time or two, just when I was causing a ruckus was all, or if I did, do remind me.

Empire:

Zanzar - Grats on Emperor, screw daunting presence, fun character.

Scion:

Ili and Velv - You guys were a blast to fight, even if Velv had my number and Ili always found me half dead somewhere, was fun. Especially when you blobbed me the first time! Velv, never did get you, but I really did want to. If I could have killed you with your weapon earlier on, I probably would have let you keep it, as if I did, I would have considered you unworthy of needing it to be taken, but that's just because I think having a fun BBEG is always great for the game and I liked the challenge.

I know there were lots more, 307 hours is a long time so leave a message and I'll try to reply.

Thank you the staff for managing this game that has kept me hooked for nearly a score now.
143867, Well played.
Posted by Outhyen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very tough and well-rounded fighter. I enjoyed our bits of banter and some of the fights. You certainly got progressively more difficult to fight as time went on, but you also seemed far more yearning for death. Some of the village I can put up a good fight against and I found myself going down into red health many, many times when challenging you and Ravln and others. Some villagers though are just hard counters to Outlander shifters, so fighting them is risk of a whole different league.

Fairly sure I didn't "dip" though I certainly did spend more time gathering preps than I like to do because I was spending them so fast every single login. That retrieval where you got me, I was wondering to myself, "How?" I looked back and saw you thirsted, scrolled up one round and saw the falling of Aura, Barrier and Stone Skin a split second before you thirsted and said... "Oh, that's how."

Glad you seemed to have fun with the character and I hope that you find something else before long to pique your interest again.
143869, RE: Well played.O
You did stick it out, sorry, your char kinda got lost in my brain, but I did enjoy fighting and bantering with you. flee is OP just saying. That form with a friend is just nasty and I don't like it, but was fun fighting regardless. There were a lot who did just dwindle away, I can say you weren't one of them.
143868, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Daressumli Ashbeard the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by gralker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
not sore at you personally i thought you did good but if all mages killed my parents then also all villagers looted my corpse
It just hammered my characters point home and it felt ooc like griefy frustration the result only reinforced the reason i wint justify it in my role somehow to give you a fight. i was very salty ooc about it even though i dont think it was your doing i do have a form of c locate after all so people cant exactly lie
end of the day its another chapter in the character arc
so no hsrd feelings glwyn
also for the villagers reading this thst called me a hoarder i login for 3-4 hours pretty much the same time frame daily thats pretty much the opposite of a hoarder thx alot salt out
143872, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Daressumli Ashbeard the Legend of the Battlefield, Drillmaster of Battle
Opinions and butthole on the hoarder thing. Your char was fun, and well, while I did want to at least have one poncho of every might I encountered, I did get to wear yours a few times. You sticking to your RP was admirable, but I hoped my dwarvish listening ear helped you a bit with that. Losing things sucks. I know. One particular person looted as much as they could from me in Empire. I lost several things several times to the outlander ganks and outer sitting sessions when they took the head, and even several full loots + returns near the end. Losing gear sucks, but isn't the end of the world in my perspective and usually if you can take that on the chin, it usually comes with some benefits shortly after.