Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Hopnar the Master of Weapons, Known as 'Hoppy' to Friends
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=143780
143780, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Hopnar the Master of Weapons, Known as 'Hoppy' to Friends
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Dec 4 15:01:56 2022

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Hopnar perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:94
143782, Well this is a damn shame
Posted by Daressumli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked you 'oppy. Sad to see this. But I get it, Svirf is strong at that 30-40 range and with our current situation, I imagine you didn't want to deal with the ganks. Hoped you had some more resolve than that but it is what it is. GLWYN
143806, It's impressive how oblivious you are
Posted by Hopnar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think you (or the Commander) get the repurcussions of starting a war with a cabal that's stronger than yours.

When you start a war with a cabal that's stronger than you, you end up without your item a lot (which hurts Battle more than most other cabals).

When that happens, lowbies end up having to retrieve. Prior to deleting, probably 80% of my playtime was actively trying to retrieve.

When lowbies spend all of their time retrieving, it makes it impossible to do the other things important to the game - gathering gear, practicing skills, levelling up.

If lowbies can't do those things, do you know what happens? Those lowbies delete (or just stagnate). You never get heroes in the cabal. And if you don't get heroes, the cabal dies.

Yeah I get it - retrieving from Outlander makes those PKs come to you and the Commander. That's super duper convenient for you. Meanwhile, you're crippling your cabal. As leaders, you need to do what's best for your members, not just for your own PK stats.

I tried to explain that IC. But instead you shut down the conversation with "War is hard. If you're scared, leave" mindset. Pretty lame.

Don't get me wrong, overall I enjoyed your character. But terrible decisions from leaders ruin the cabal for everyone involved. Hopefully you figure that out someday.
143808, RE: It's impressive how oblivious you are
Posted by Huthutwarrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Get over yourself, Hopnar. D gives you a friendly goodbye, and you reply with this craziness? Battle has been stagnant for a while, until the recent two leaders took over. Disappointed you didn’t even make it to hero.
143809, RE: It's impressive how oblivious you are
I am over myself. But he said that he assumed I deleted because of ganks. I never got ganked. Not even once (retrieving doesn't count).

What I did get was a poor response to an IC challenge of the war, and overall mixed leadership from both.

I said it before, I like his character overall. A lot. But I didn't like how he handled the war or how he ignored its impact on the lower ranks in the cabal.

I'm not saying I'm better than him, but I am saying leaders need to think about the repercussions on the entire cabal, not just themselves. If you notice, I'm not exactly the only recent Battle deletion.

As far as not getting to hero? I feel no obligation to play CF when it isn't fun. Log ins that solely consist of retrievals are not fun.
143810, Hop off it Hoppie!
Posted by Rethienne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
kindly don’t go making assumptions about why I deleted, hm? Rethienne was pro fckng war.
143811, RE: Hop off it Hoppie!
Jesus, some people really can't resist drama.

Daressumli said he thought I deleted because of ganks and gave me a little backhanded compliment. I told him why I really did and what I think he should do better. Everything I said was my opinion based on IC interactions, and I was glad to leave it at that.

I never said your name and honestly don't care about your character at all. I did point to the fact that four active Battle members deleted in the last four days, though, which is just the truth. Considering how small the cabal is, that isn't exactly a glowing endorsement and it SHOULD be something that the cabal leaders care about.