Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Bhiffan the Guardian of Truth
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=143238
143238, (DELETED) [None] Bhiffan the Guardian of Truth
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 16 16:32:31 2022

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Bhiffan perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:35
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:57
143239, RE: (DELETED) [None] Bhiffan the Guardian of Truth
Posted by Bhiffan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my 2nd real go at empowerment in recent times since I've always shied away from those classes. But since I've seen others talking about their experiences of playing priests I decided I would give it another shot. The 1st time was probably like 2 years ago but never managed to get in contact with the IMM. Guess I just picked incorrectly from the active IMMs on the wizlist both times I decide to play a cleric class.

Submitted my religion-centric role and a note to the IMM I wanted to follow at around the 20 hour mark at level 20 informing them of my intentions of wanting to be a part of their religion.

Almost 40 hours later at level 35 over the course of 10 days IRL there was no response from the IMM in question. I suppose I could've just rode it out for 50 more hours or so but no empowerment as a first time monk doesn't sound like fun when one of the key monk skills requires being empowered.

People have real lives outside of CF and I totally get it if something pops up that kills someone's activity. But I feel like if an IMM isn't listed as dormant on wizlist they should be at least checking their notes to see if they have characters who want to follow them and are seeking empowerment and respond to them at least.

Maybe I'll give empowerment classes another go in the future but looks like my reservations about them seem to still hold true in my experience unfortunately.

Skill issue.
143240, Not sure who you were following...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"People have real lives outside of CF and I totally get it if something pops up that kills someone's activity."

Do you though?

I think now is just a really bad time for empowerment classes in general. The more active IMMs have been relatively inactive for one reason or another and the dormant list has grown.

Having interacted with your character a bit I thought you were doing really well. If you aren't a part of the discord community it's a really good place to get a finger on the pulse of IMM activity, for example Ishuli has said they have been very absent and expect to have a lot of returned availability in 2 weeks.

My last Shaman experience was this: I picked an IMM I thought was more active for Shaman A. I played for about 90 hours before I got any sort of empowerment and I realized that was probably going to be all she wrote. I deleted and rolled Shaman B with a much more active IMM that had been visible every day for several days and got empowered in 15 hours or so.

I think the trick to empowerment classes is make your role based around an IMM that you KNOW shares playtimes with you and is active. This (almost)guarantees interaction, being watched, and a stronger relationship in general. Otherwise you're really just rolling dice and you end up feeling ignored and abandoned more often than not.

This is just my unasked for .02