Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salera the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=143057
143057, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salera the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jun 2 13:37:52 2022

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Salera perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:112
143058, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salera the Planewalker
Posted by Zurehn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should've been made a maran.

Sad to see you go.
143059, Agreed 100% with Zurehn. n/t
Posted by Ash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
143060, Hours Played
Posted by Beroxxus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
She only had 112 hours played. A lot of Maran, even with the 10 kills usually occurs at the 115 mark, and w/o the 10 kills is 150. I think I made Maran with 13 Kills at the 119 mark on Traebaerius.
143065, RE: Hours Played
Posted by Salera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't understand on my post that has no goodbyes and or gripes about making or not making Maran; it has not become the subject of conversation. I was very proud of my presence and that I had other Marans feeling like I deserved it. That's a feeling I can hold onto.
143067, RE: Hours Played
Posted by Beroxxus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh, I didn't mean to come off negative. Just explaining why you might not been made Maran yet to the other posters. Also, the Imms might have got caught up in Real Life too. Who really knows.

Too many folks thinks it is a X Kills or X hours and when those milestones hit, expect the Maran Mantle. Sometimes, other things factor into it. Anyhow, good luck with your next.
143069, RE: Hours Played
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Literally the first response from SOMEONE ELSE is that you should have been made Maran. That is what people are responding to and it is understood it has nothing to do with your response the process or your characters beliefs.
143073, PBF probably tells us why it didn't happen
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Salara was only caballed for 3 RL weeks (2 weeks in hero range).
She was just 112 hours old.. which, granted, is a lot of time to invest, but it would still be considered "early" by historical standards of when people make Maran.
She had a total of 4 EPKs (only 1 at hero). The norm for Maran is usually 10... more than that for an "early" Maran (either pre-hero range or low hours). Promotion with significantly fewer EPKs usually happens when they stood out significantly in other aspects, over a long period of time.
She retrieved exactly one time ever.. and if you look at the numbers more closely, it suggests that there were several retrievals that she was online for but didn't assist with.

None of this is to say that the character was bad by any stretch. The fact that people are saying good things after she died suggests otherwise. But the PBF definitely doesn't suggest that this is a glaring example of someone that was overlooked for promotion.

I like to think that Maran is something that is earned by the character (not the player) through their own actions and accomplishments. Assuming that's still the case, I can definitely see why the Imms looked at Salera and decided "not yet".

143061, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salera the Planewalker
Hard to make Maran when you delete. Also a bold move to correct your IMMs with an active character ooc. =P
143064, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salera the Planewalker
Posted by Salera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What the hell are you talking about? And imagine talking about making Maran when I was never the one who brought up any gripe or even deleted about maran ;). Whoever you are hopefully you're less insufferable in the fields than you are out of them.
143068, Was responding to Zurehn.....that’s why my reply is under their post...n/t
Gr