Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [HERALD] Gwendelya Tir'Randir the Expedition Leader, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=143031
143031, (AUTO) [HERALD] Gwendelya Tir'Randir the Expedition Leader, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 28 07:22:25 2022

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Gwendelya perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:944
143048, RE: (AUTO) [HERALD] Gwendelya Tir'Randir the Expedition Leader, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by RaryweyImm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm so glad you decided to become a Herald because you turned out to be a fantastic one at that. You confessed to me on more than one occasion your concerns about leading the cabal, and every time I tried to make sure you knew that you knew exactly what you were doing, and I was in full support of it. Besides that, Gwen was a fascinating, well-rp'd character with tons of nuance and knowledge. You gifted an EXPERIENCE to so many other players, and it was wonderful to watch.
143037, RE: (AUTO) [HERALD] Gwendelya Tir'Randir the Expedition Leader, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Tilea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"It is now 12am on the Day of the Bully, 22nd of the Month of the Battle...and I will not grow a little more old anymore."

This is such a downer. I was totally counting the days since I last saw you vs autodeletion.

We only really met three or four times but you're still easily one of my favorite characters since I've been playing.

Tilea met Gwen at her interview and immediately fell in love with this elegant, noble elf and decided to cling to her because she was the actual lady that Tilly always pretended to be and she could learn how to be like her if they were friends. She saw her as a huge visionary and wonderful force of personality (and because Tilly's a know-it-all) who needed someone to keep her mindful of the more mundane dangers in life, which is why she was so snippy about Kytria. "STOP BEING SO GALLANT! DO NOT TRUST HER! SHE HAS BEEN ACTIVELY BETRAYING US"

The ballet performance is definitely sticking around as one of my favorite CF moments of all time. I cannot wait to bump into you again. GLWYN!

Also, it's been a pretty crazy time for everyone, so I really hope everything is okay for you right now.
143036, RE: (AUTO) [HERALD] Gwendelya Tir'Randir the Expedition Leader, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Atrissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Favorite memories are you supporting my first little show at Bargahlas, you taking me to talk to Rarywey after Skreenak raided the Knights crest (I was so proud of myself for already found the shrine on my own!), tagging along with you to deal with Joihe, you awkwardly dealing with Arstan, and of course, when I went and announced a herald event without waiting for you and you were… ever so cross! And, of course, when you summoned all those cats into the inn for me after puddlepaws died and they just prowled all over the place! I loved trying to be a bad influence on you, and how fitting that instead your grace won out and completely turned my trajectory.

You were just incredibly fun, airtight in your story and nature, and I’m so grateful I got to play alongside you.
143034, RE: (AUTO) [HERALD] Gwendelya Tir'Randir the Expedition Leader, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a truly wonderful character. I loved every interaction with Gwen and was hoping you'd be able to come back before auto deletion took you. Sure hope everything is okay in real life and thanks again for such a fun character.

=w=
143033, Best herald.
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glwyn hope to see you again.

You're a big part of why I got into this
game to start with and Gwen was awesome.
143032, Great character.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gwendelya's focus on archeology, anthropology, etc. of various locations (in particular the historic/lost ones) was absolutely amazing. An adventurous archeologist through and through.

For those not familiar with Gwendelya's wildly fun writing, here is a snippet about kobolds.

--------
Perhaps the most famed tribe of kobolds is the Bleeding Wind Tribe.
The Bleeding Winds are a fiercely determined collection of kobolds
that reside in a sinkhole west of northern Galadon. Their culture
is derived from hardship and their bitter resentment of the adventure
guilds is palpable. They follow a simple caste system amongst
themselves; however, it is more sophisticated than first impressions
may imply. The larger and stronger kobolds serve in martial roles,
though every kobold is willing to fight and die for their tribe.
Miniscule in size and poorly trained, the Bleeding Wind Tribe relies
on their natural agility and cunning. Small Kobolds handle the
tireless tunneling of their cooridoors and other mundane tasks, such
as collecting stones, cleaning pathways, and crafting nesting grounds
with various lichens. Their crimson queen, Liatris, dealt with the
previous chieftain and his family cruelly, for their failure to
protect the tribe. She hides herself away with her elite guards
and those among the Bleeding Winds that are more inclined towards
sorcery. Her chambers and throne room are decorated with stygian
opulence, and she takes pride in her appearance, attempting to
regain the majesty of their draconic ancestors.
--------

Gwen approached things with an adventurous yet scholarly spirit, and with an amusing mix of humility (for those who did not know) and haughtiness (for those who acted like they did).

I very much enjoyed Gwen, and loved watching your interactions with others. I was looking forward to us slightly smug-talking about how those dastardly Rahsael followers wouldn't be so much trouble anymore. But alas, they managed to pull one last "loss" - mine of you!

-Ish