Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Bouwlrin the General, Hunted by Battle, Mag
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14271
14271, (DEL) Bouwlrin the General, Hunted by Battle, Mag
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 14 17:40:22 2003

7 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Bouwlrin perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:174
PK Ratio:53% (closer to 100% is better)

14272, Well that was fun...
Posted by Dugruain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had been wanting to roll and play a warrior for a while now, ever since legacies were born. I have to say, they are now much more versitale and fun than the warriors of old I remember. But, alas, the warrior class is not my favorite. I loathe eq. (Necessary evil that it is) So thats why I went warrior.

I went Tribunal because I wanted to check out some of the new changes. I have to say, I like. There is a little bit of something for everyone who liked/likes Arbiters/Tribunals. Still my second favorite cabal.

My goal was, and I got locked into early, playing a neutral who didn't cater to anyone, and let you know how and what he felt, the second he felt it. As I guessed would happened.. I almost immediately pissed off all but a few core friends. It's funny.. but the whole digression away from grouping with lightwalkers started with simple comment (an opinion I would expect alot of neutrals to have) "The Dawn cabal is only marginally better than the Scion cabal, morally speaking" (something to that effect) Bam! E. L. style, I was instant bad mojo to 80% of the lightwalkers. So I started grouping with Scions and other evils. I could have gone the boring neutral route of, being nice to aboslutely everyone, not wanting to piss anyone off... but what fun is that? The rest is history.

No, I was not a model Tribunal.

Goodbyes:

Kastellyn, thanks for the questy thingy. You're alright for a leg.

Thror, same crotchety dwarf as ever. Thanks for the cranial.

Salidrien (sp), Bah!

Lachis, thanks for all the groupings and talks and stuff. Alot of fun RP stuff there with you being a lightwalker, trying to get us a third, and having NO ONE wanting to join us because I had pissed them off somehow. Heh, that was some funny shiite. That's when I knew I was succeding in my role.

Farnsworth, very well roleplayed.. wished I'd had the chance to do some more with you.

Thornarcrull, fun running around with you.. loved to watch you lay down the sermon in market square.. good stuff.

To everyone who didn't like Boulwrin very much. Smile, it's a game!

Dugruain
14287, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Pal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't say I'll miss the character and no, you weren't a model tribunal. From the get go it was "let's see how crass I can be". Call me a prude, but hearing "Fsck this" and "You whore" just really wore on me. Just wasn't fun.

Can't say that I've seen many more foul-mouthed dwarves, though. For that I gotta commend ya.
14286, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Gre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No love for Gre? We grew up together and I liked how our relationship changed over time. Went from grouping all the time we saw each other, to growing apart, to me finally coming after you because you were hunted of battle. It was an interesting evolution. Good luck there.

14285, I wonder if...
Posted by Braoldan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll still get attacked/killed/ganged by anyone and hear the good ole "Oh, my bad, I thought you were the dwarf" excuse. Really sucks when a felar gets confused with a dwarf by a pack of angry sylvans.

Anyway, I will say that you were one of a kind and that is always fun.
14284, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Aginal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you, more realistic than most tribunals in my opinion. Of course, I come from a city reknowned for the corruption of it's police, so being able to bribe a tribunal seems quite natural to me. Tried to keep you happy for that, but it seems it was a moot point.
14283, wow...*peers around* he's gone?
Posted by Nurwon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
well I must say, IC Nurwon HATED Bouwlrin...we got off to that wonderfull start of you cursing me out when I asked you to group..to you comming to kill me in the weald when I called lightning on you. Damn I have to say that fight shocked the crap outta me. at that time I didn't even practice polearms and the one you had was awesome.

And that gang I had on you (think I logged it) sorry but I was notified of the plan to kill you at the last moment, and I really don't like gangs anyway...was supposed to go learnin then the druid and invoker start goin "ready to raid the city?" I'm like "eh????". then they said how they were gonna kill you and ooc I didn't but hey, you killed me in the weald, why not! *smiles* ah well you did a good job from what I saw, and was amazed at how many people you ticked off heheh. good luck on the next and don't make it hate rangers!! *waves*
14282, Well..
Posted by Simbach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never really knew what to make of you, IC or OOC. I lvled with you several times around the 20s I think. You seemed competent, but I never got much in the way of a role from you.

In the end, you just seemed like you didn't care. I got the impression you were in over your head, pissing off everyone except Scions. But I guess that wasn't entirely by accident.

You might have said that to me ("Dawn is no better than Scion"), but I was told that several times and just shrugged if off. Simbach never really had a problem with you until you kept attacking the Fortress. But IC, I still had hope for you.

I'll just say the language for the last couple of days was annoying and over the top, even for a dwarf. I'd suggest tuning it down next time.
14280, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kastellyn, thanks for the questy thingy. You're alright for a leg.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the quest, thought you had potential as a follower. I don't get many outside the Village (which is fine), so I try to cultivate the ones I do have.

I could tell by your roleplay that you weren't the "neutral tending towards good" that most neutral dwarves usually wind up playing, so it was a refreshing change. You kept raiding the Village, though, which is bad mojo from a Battle Imm standpoint, and is why you got marked. I was interested to see how that would end up.

Good luck with your next character!
14281, Kept raiding the village...
I was actually a little surprised when I got the hunted flag.

To date, I had raided the village (full blown killed the big D) once. One time. I had, hit the giant, either to draw a criminal or aid scions recover thier item, two other times. Two. For a total of three incidents. If that's the standard, then so be it.. but as I said.. I was a bit shocked.
14279, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man were you in Galadon a lot.

Satisfy my curiosity - when you offered to lure people out of town so I could assassinate...that was a trick, right?
14278, Fighting you
Posted by Melkorath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Out of all the warriors currently in the game, I feared you (and your guards) the second most. (dibs to punb, bloody gnome and obscene numbers of concealed attacks)

Few warriors tanked against me at all well, You were one of the few and when I killed you it was after atleast 10-15 rounds of combat and it was the bash damage that was killing you, not my physical hits... Nice tanking.

Getting marked hunted by battle is a turning point for your character, it can make life hell. I dont know why But melkorath seems to be able to fight any combat class 10X better than he can fight a invoker or a shifter or arcane. It still has me totaly puzzled.

So I knew I could fight you and fight you well. You always put up a hard fight, Hope your next character is just as fun to play.

14277, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Thornarcrull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We surely had fun. First time, when I heard your speech, I was a bit shocked. But later, I've been laughing most of the time we interracted. You need to return and pay back these fansy lightwalkers. Damn, with who I'll sit on mkt and preach now? :)
14276, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by xevfiutyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow.. Bouwlrin! LMMFAO!
I banged you everytime i got a chance man..
The second time we spoke, HAHA. that was good..
I was in the weald not far after we spoke..
you told me to ambush you... I said "I'm half tempted to"
then not a minute later (after i told Akrenetai, who was a pace north, to come when i ambushed) I ambushed you, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD 8 RANKS ON ME! from then on, everytime i saw you, i would give you crap..
Killed ya a few times i think. I don't know.. we all died twice that one day at the grove.. That was fun. I must admit man. Hell of a job on the rp. I spoke with some other trib about you, yesterday, and he said the exact same thing you said your goals were, It was funny.

You shouldn't delete him. Now i don't have anyone to ambush when you check outside while being a tribby!

hehehehe

Yhijut
14275, Adios
Posted by Darian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>My goal was, and I got locked into early, playing a neutral
>who didn't cater to anyone, and let you know how and what he
>felt, the second he felt it. As I guessed would happened..
>I almost immediately pissed off all but a few core friends.
>It's funny.. but the whole digression away from grouping
>with lightwalkers started with simple comment (an opinion I
>would expect alot of neutrals to have) "The Dawn cabal is
>only marginally better than the Scion cabal, morally
>speaking" (something to that effect) Bam! E. L. style, I
>was instant bad mojo to 80% of the lightwalkers. So I
>started grouping with Scions and other evils. I could have
>gone the boring neutral route of, being nice to aboslutely
>everyone, not wanting to piss anyone off... but what fun is
>that? The rest is history.

Your attitude was definitely cool. I was definitely a little surprised to see someone who wasn't just trying to avoid becoming a target, like the neutrals you describe above, and I was even more surprised that you'd help us go after some of the ragers. You were an Ass, but I think it made for a fun character from what i saw. That first time we grouped really struck me, what with the "This isn't good enough, I'm going back to Galadon." followed by a recall, right out of the blue between mobs. Most evils aren't even that rude to each other. ;)

Good luck on your next go-round.

>No, I was not a model Tribunal.

Nope, and I kept expecting you'd get booted sooner or later for something. Heh. Nothing against you, of course, you just sounded like you were walking a thin line is all.
14273, RE: Well that was fun...
Posted by Saldradien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I was like taunting you, then you called me a whore and rage deleted. That was cool. Moreso because you un rage deleted. Still a class act. Luck with whatever comes next.
14274, Humble pie.
That was degrading. But I did have it coming. Thanks for dishing it up just as I like it.

I had actually wanted to delete before this, but that death, and some other things pushed me to the edge that day.. but then I decided I wanted to see another legacy no matter what, so I sucked it up and drove on.

Anyways, thanks for the Humble pie!

Dug