Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Opija the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14240
14240, (DEL) Opija the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 12 23:01:31 2003

11 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Great Evil on the Theran calendar Opija perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:232
PK Ratio:61% (closer to 100% is better)

14241, RE: (DEL) Opija the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
was wondering what happened to you.
when evil was in the downswing you are one of the people
who was there in the mix every time i turned around.
even though most of what i saw of you was in form. :)

14242, Happy Trails
Posted by Opija on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had some great fun with Opija. First shapeshifter and enjoyed the class immensely.

Rolled up Opija when Scions were few and far between. Had never played a shapeshifter so I thought I'd give it a try.

Had the role thought up, flushed out, etc. before the character was rolled but never took the time to actually write the whole thing down. Forced myself to enter the first part of things when I'd heroed. Though I was able to share the rest of it with Valg, I never got around to actually entering it all in.

As a result of the role, I wore a practice dagger until it was up to 44%, then never wore a weapon again. Didn't practice any weapon skills/spells (lash, spiderhands, pugil, etc.). Went utility when I got my first form. Again, driven by role, I went utility as a minor, got hyena. Really, really enjoyed all my forms except for maybe gazelle, but that's primarily because I had fox already and the fact that I didn't use it more than a handful of times.

Forms:
Deer
Scorpion
Spider
Gazelle
Fox
Hyena

Inducted by Urden while he was in Hillcrest. Short, sweet interview.

Spent a lot of time as the lone scion. Stuck around because I could hide/camo just about anywhere and move faster than just about anybody. Enjoyed being the underdog.

Was able to give Khurmen some help on his lich quest. That went just perfect with the role (at least in my head.). Loved being able to pick out anyone, thieves, assassins, rangers. Couldn't have asked for more.

As the scion numbers increased, I tried (for the most part) to avoid the gangs. It's just not fun to get 4+ people and just steamroller folks. All that amounts to is them being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's no skill, no subtlety. Stopped playing as much because it would just get to be brutal.

After a few times trying, got in touch with Valg after I'd heroed. Was really excited from the get go about his role, but I guess it never really took off. C'est la vie. Thanks Valg, for hearing my tale. Was working on the things you'd talked about and I wish I could have stuck around to see them through.

Almost stuck it out since everybody and their mother has been deleting, but I really can't commit to the character. Had great potential (in my eyes) at least, just didn't quite put what I needed to into it.

Off the top of my head I can't remember a ton of names but it's been a while and anybody who wants mention can have it.

For some reason, fights with Gorach in the desert stick in my head. Enjoyed the heck out of them. We'd fight, one would flee and we'd stick around wanting more. No gangs, just a game. Was a blast.

I really would have liked to stick around, particularly because of the recent deletions, but I just can't.

14245, --Role--
Posted by Opija on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Added Tue Sep 10 03:50:02 2002 at level 51:
Deep in the wastes of Nonviel, a small boy was born on the day of the Moon in
the Month of the Great Evil. And, though his father's love ran deep, the day
of his naming would too powerful an omen for his people to stomach, let alone
ignore.The youngest of eleven, Opija was a pale shade of his siblings, who
were freaks by many regards, yet each was blessed with some extreme talent,
whether it be speed, knowledge, use of a blade or the like. Each had the
thing they were known for. Opija was known as the runt... as the mistake.

Added Tue Sep 10 04:31:12 2002 at level 51:
His father drove one of the brightly colored wagons in the caravan of his
people.A motley caravan of folk, they travelled the lands performing works
of great good in the name of the Light.A bitter paradox to the treatment
set upon the youngest of the brothers. Their reputations apparently on the
line or under scrutiny, the runt was told never to be seen in public, lest a
strain of weakness be shown. His father comforted his youngest by telling
him tales of lands beyond.

As the caravan ventured down the Great Eastern Road, he took his sun into a
woody copse for lessons in the ways of fighting. The boy did not easily
discern the techniques, his inability to learn demanding his father's full
attention. Neither heard anything of the beast that crept from the forest.

Not a sound was heard until the blood gurgled from his father's face. His
face was frozen in a look of utter terror as the crimson streaked down his
chest.

The beast turned to regard Opija, approaching slowly. Time stopped as its
nostrils flared, it's muzzle inching forward, dripping with the fresh blood
of the fallen. The boy crumpled back against a fallen tree, the icy-numb
tendrils of shock winding around his limbs. As the jaws of the beast
widened, the hot breath of inevitable death upon him, he did the last thing
he was capable of, he soiled himself.

The beast stopped and studied its prey once more. The beast reared back and
roared, a roar more like laughter than anything of menace, yet proving ever
more damaging to the boy, who sat and watched as jaws tore the flesh from
bones that were his father. After hours, he was finally granted an escape as
he blacked out.

------

The rest was basically his siblings blaming the death on him, calling him "Useless" (hence util/util). He didn't study weapons because, frankly, he was scared of them, worried he wouldn't do well enough.

He began to hunt his siblings ("The Eleven"). Decided I'd have them be of different races. Wish more people would take the ball and run with it rp-wise regarding this instead of just replying "Eleven who?", but I can't really blame them. So anyway, Taninthel was the first of the Eleven to fall. Why, you ask? (Ok, so you didn't) Because he deleted after I killed him. Decided it would be an impossible goal to have 11 people of different races delete, but that wouldn't stop opija from trying. He refused to admit defeat.

Kept my newbie practice dagger up to hero and through I'm guessing 10 or so pk deaths (though I'm not sure). Decided that his father gave him the dagger and wrote his name on it. How cute.
14244, One fun time
Posted by Elrys on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed that one time when you kept raiding the fortress alone, and we fought for quite a while. That took some guts, though I didn't manage to hold you off nearly as well as I should have been able to. Good job.
14243, RE: Happy Trails
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After a few times trying, got in touch with Valg after I'd heroed. Was really excited from the get go about his role, but I guess it never really took off. C'est la vie. Thanks Valg, for hearing my tale. Was working on the things you'd talked about and I wish I could have stuck around to see them through.

No problem. I liked the role you had planned out. Bummer that your logins got scarce. Best of luck on your next.