Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mostly Lucky Boozer, Barely Less High Herald of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=142193
142193, (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mostly Lucky Boozer, Barely Less High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Nov 19 15:37:28 2021

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Calithildir perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:431
142194, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Posted by Lathlaeril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Calithildir was a blast to play and thank you all for that. I was amazed by how much you people would go along with my ridiculous claims and I love you for it. I could see this char going all the way to an age death, but last month the plague in the real world gave me a large bite of the reality sandwich and even though I hoped to get back into the groove, the char started to feel a bit off.

Whiysdan, Boss! I love you, man. Thank you for all the things you gave me. I love your religion, and I really loved our easy going relationship. Thank you for the tattoo and chance at High Herald, but the global echoes made me emotional. You are a great thing for the game, I just hope you were having as much fun as I was.

Rarywey. Bard Goddess, you're stealing the show! I love what you're doing for the Heralds. I hope you can keep those impromptu parties going, they are something special.

Einoh. When you dropped by the Bar to talk about your religion made me sad for letting Ariendil go. Everything about that whole vignette was just awesome! Thanks for that.

As for you foolish mortals, I tried to interact with as many of you as I could. All of you are gems and I would have you no other way. Thank you for inhabiting this world. I had interacted with so many of you and as I started typing goodbyes it became a very long thing. Knowing that people always get unintentionally left out in these things I'll just cut it down to a certain few. The rest of you can write and I'll answer!

Gwen. My smoldering emerald, what can I say? We could have had that lakeside castle several times over. But it is for the greater good, yea? I had a blast and you've shown me some new things that I didn't know were there. Thanks for that!

Atrissa. What a great char you've got going there. Reach for the stars, you're going to get 'em. Oh, also.. Hot potato! You can be the legend now.

Bert. Damn you were missed. I used to urge other cooks to use Tinkerton Pickles but there were no takers, I guess the brine was too strong for them.

Euric. You rat! I had just figured out all the different ways you can cook cave rat with whiskey, and then you go on and bail ship.

Sransidi. I kept giving Bog Water to other saurians, I even tried giving it to some humans, but it turned out you were of unique taste and talent.

Thank you all for the beautiful memories. See you in the fields.
142195, Awesome character
Posted by Callowyin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A lot of fun interacting with you, every time.
142205, RE: Awesome character
Posted by Calithildir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks!
142197, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Posted by Shakiniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never got to rub it in to you that Shakiniel proved you wrong and got the thing you said was impossible...! Alas! Have fun on your boat or whatever...jerk. :)
142203, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
You know, there is a concept in Whiysdan's religion that people should not be party poopers, and the Battleragers fall right in that category. On top of that you gave off the expression that you really didn't care who got the arguably more coveted loot just as long as you got what you were after which Calithildir didn't like. I tried to convey that Calithildir wouldn't be helping you with that quest, but somehow I had to go a bit jerkish to push the point across. Sorry for that! I am glad you got what you wanted in the end.

I hope you have fun with the char, I think it is a really hard combo to pull off well. Azuretouched bard in battle.. I am not sure I have the balls for that, so kudos to you, and good luck!
142199, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Posted by RaryweyImm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did quite enjoy your musical renditions of Lyceum-famous poetry, even if all the blood drained out of my face and my stomach dropped the first time you performed one of mine. ;)
142204, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Thank you! You were always a blast to be around. The acme of Calithildir's roguery was when he managed to "steal" a new song from you on one occasion. And by steal, I mean convince you to sing for a small crowd, but I like the first story better. ;)
142200, You were ever so rude!
Posted by Atrissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok, so now that you are dead you are nice to me but whatever! You truly stressed me out, you know. I tried to keep up with you, but you were too fast! In fact you always got the last word, you were just ridiculously too clever. Legendarily so, one might say. You could have at least left behind a drink for me.
142202, RE: You were ever so rude!
Calithildir had this idea that he should be what was needed, and this basically was channeling back the vibes that he got his way. In your case it was someone for you to fight with, struggle against and eventually outmatch. ;) Of course, all of it was supposedly for your own good and toward his notion that you are not just a singer but a bard. He was a bastard like that ;)

Also, you asked for that duet while I was still dealing with the plague IRL and I am really sad we didn't get the chance to try to upstage one another, it would have been hilarious.

Keep going, I really like Atrissa. And good luck!
142201, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Posted by Sransidi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great char. Glwyn
142206, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Thanks! I may have tried to perpetuate a story that you were a bit more blood thirsty and more obsessed with knives than you actually were. But you know how it is, legends grow with time and change with circumstance. ;)
142207, thumbsup!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What great fun we had! That whole fight with you and Gwen for HH was just downright hilarious. Cal was just a suave dude all the way around. Grats on a really well played character that made those around him be better.

=w=
142214, RE: thumbsup!
Yeah! And Cal did use the fact that she had almost punched out his teeth to guilt her into doing things. I loved the whole thing!

Thanks again for everything, Boss. If there is anyone that still hasn't rolled a follower of yours they should stop what they're doing, get a drink or thirteen, and roll one immediately! ;)
142208, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
Posted by Delkinen Windsinger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a crazy chaotic guy! Thanks for making my moot so much fun!
142215, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Calithildir Tauredheldur the Mos...
I LOVED the moot! I just wish gatherings like that were more of a thing. They always turn into fond memories. Thanks for that, Del was a great char!
142216, I really liked Calithildir.
Posted by Geofthath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked Calithildir, the jokes, the manner of speech, the whole legendary thing, the level of knowledge for the world's lore.

Though, we didnt get to travel a lot, I still always enjoyed our conversations and whats not.
142220, RE: I really liked Calithildir.
Thank you, I am glad you liked Cal, we sure had some fun times. Imperials should come to the Inn more often though. Most people stop coming back after they get on the Council which is a shame, there is plenty of intrigue and scheming to be had if you come more often ;)