Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Asaigai Bludborne the Grand Master of Changelings, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=141440
141440, (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Asaigai Bludborne the Grand Master of Changelings, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jun 4 20:33:40 2021

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Asaigai perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:424
141444, What a beast
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were an amazing ally to have. Always down for the tough odds, and it was very telling that those odds did not tend to stay tough long once you were online. You were also my favourite just because of how you'd turn up and own unicorns for me randomly, so thanks for that.

Great job getting and rocking the vindicator gig. Big big loss for team spire.
141441, Brief Farewells
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't enter a role in game but Asai did have a role thought out from the get go. A few people early on did ask me about various things but as the character became an established name, the questions tapered off.

But basically Asai a light walker fallen neutral for adhering to tribunal law. He saw the law as the greatest force for good in Thera because in his mind it protects more innocents than the doctrines of the Fortress.

His home-people considered him to have lost his way and took his "wings" (ie cast him out), condemned to live in the form of the bat (his people considered him "blind").

He was trying to force order in the lower lands and prove he wasn’t wrong and in order to earn his redemption by his people by saving innocents the right way.

Ultimately he did become blinded by bloodthirst and failed in his original goal.

Usually I don't play characters this long - I get bored and delete at around the 200 hour mark. But I had many, many great rivalries in the Tree and Battle. I won't be able to remember them all (so apologies for missing most names) but I will mention a couple;

Tjur - ridiculously hard to take down, a great villager and enemy
Alendross - absolutely untouchable in the forest and a great harbinger that oozes class
Veldren - always made me laugh with that thick skull of yours

I also was lucky enough to be allied with many great characters too;

Kira - Words can't describe how much your presence boosted me from start to finish
Dollerveim - You played an enormous part in Asai's life even after you died. I carried around a piece of you until my end as Asai's reminder of what a Vindicator should be.
Williad - Stupidly strong ally, it was a sad day when you died.

Ish - thanks for the chance at Vindi and also the gecho (your ability to whip something up on a dime is appreciated)

I'd own up to Asai on Discord but I'm still banned :P
141442, Fun times.
Posted by Grakkor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That 'sleeping' kill in Galadon was entertaining.
141443, Rest well sky-hunter
Posted by Alendross on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Asaigai was a terror to behold on the hunting grounds, and I am sure a number of my deaths were at the Captain to those huge fists. You were a good hunt and Her champions can rest a little easier not having to watch the skies for a time. GLWYN.
141448, Asaigai sucked. Glad you're gone.
Posted by rex spangler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We interacted with a couple of characters I had.

You were a good argument to get rid of the confiscate power. Hunting down low/mid-rank criminals if fine. Taking their weapons after is just being a douchebag. Taking there food too is being a super douche. Most of the things you said seemed borderline OOC. It's like you were trying to get people to delete.

It's possible to be super orderly without being an ass IC, but you didn't do it.
141451, Did confiscate get changed to work out of cities?
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I swear even as Provost, it never worked unless you were in the city, even with guards with you.
141473, I think it encourages weapon taking.
Posted by rex spangler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think the power changed, but it gives justification for taking all of the weapons from people even outside of cities.

Just my opinion though. It could easily be unrelated.
141454, Haters gonna hate
Sensitive criminals were never going to like me because I killed them and took their weapons. Rest assured that I thoroughly enjoyed killing your weak midbie ass.

Oh yeah, thanks for the pies!
141455, Haters gonna hate or jerks gonna be called out for being jerks?
Posted by orangepowered on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe there is a reason you are banned elsewhere. There is no justification to the level of jerk I saw in Asaigai. The fact that you were capable of pking outside of your pk range is stupid enough, but the fact that you enjoyed causing out of range people grief makes me wonder if there needs to be more requirements to be a vindicator beyond pking well. This is not sour grapes, you never pked me out of range.
141456, I can justify every single action Asai took
And do not lie. This is absolutely a case of sour grapes. Zydeki hated Asaigai because you felt powerless against me, I get it. But don't try and score cheap "wins" with baseless accusations after the fact because you failed in game.

A Tribunal Vindicator is always going to make the life of an Outlander or criminal hard. The fact that a serial Outlander player didn't like me is a badge I can wear proudly.
141459, RE: I can justify every single action Asai took
Posted by orangepowered on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Role + I am a complete asshole to all outlanders and wanted people.

While that is technically a valid role, it is still a person being an asshole and trying to find a justification for it. But wait, you didn't have a role. I'd be shocked if you would have gotten anything other than gorilla and lasted. You were 0-1 pre gorilla.

You got Zydeki once by diving him with Williad while I had no fetish and decided to try to fight. It will surprise no one that you were both prepped to the gills and my punishment for even trying to fight you was Kira bravely pit sitting me with lieutenants. She then despite barely hurting me pulled a bunch of stuff out of my corpse in the lag it takes when you reform with your corpse at your recall. Yet that is all understandable, if lame behavior.

I'm talking purely about how you treated out of pk range characters that was pure trash in my book. If anyone plays this game and are so anti another cabal that they are trying to grief them out of pk range I don't feel they are adding anything to this game. There have been worthwhile tribunals and imperials I've interacted with and died to, you just weren't one.
141461, RE: I can justify every single action Asai took
Finding your lowbie camouflaged and flying down to fog you out is .. pure trash? That's more a reflection on you than me. Take it easy out there bro.