Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xaran Windsong the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=141317
141317, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xaran Windsong the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 16 10:42:32 2021

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Xaran perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:233
141319, A great experience
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This character was a lot of fun. Ergush was awesome as a god, my cabal was a fun mix with the class, and the players I met and played with were awesome.

I did make some mistakes in the cabal, even got a warning once that I was doing something wrong in a personal echo, but I tried to adjust and do the best I could. I was heavy into RP and just pked the best I could do. It's not my strong point at all.

There are far too many outlanders to name you all. Moja, you are my favorite thing in CF right now. I loved doing anything at all with you, just watching your RP had me laughing to the point of tears several times. Harbinger, thanks for your guidance and for helping me understand outlanders better. Sunwarden, well deserved. I really liked you. Countless others, I think I spent the most time with Moja. When he was on, I felt like there was nobody we couldn't kill.

Kira and Vindicator, you guys were so strong and deafen totally destroys invokers. Gorilla smash is not blocked by shield of waves, making me a punching bag for the shifter form when I generally shined against shifters. You two are savages and I respected you both, and had a healthy fear of the fact that you either could have stomped me into the dirt anytime we ever fought. But I did enjoy the times we did fight.

Williad....I enjoyed fighting you. I knew I couldn't beat you, but I wanted to at least try to fight you some to be a good sport. You have balls, I respect that and I wanted to give you your fights. You pretty much knew you had my number though, at best I might have pushed you back a couple times but you always came back and finished the raid and made me retreat.

First invoker hero, last class I needed to hero to have had a hero of everything you can play in CF. Wight is the exception, but I swore myself off necromancers forever and I did mummy and lich, so I am ok skipping out on a wight.

I don't feel like I was great, but I felt like I added power through shielding and traps. Invokers are a serious force multiplier. I enjoyed trying it but struggled to keep interest, there are a lot of downsides to the class that made it rough for me to get in a good groove of. Many spells to choose from, much more of a chance to make mistakes in combat and cast the wrong spell when there is a better option. They for sure take practice, but Invokers are very strong, especially if you take the time to use sleeks. I rarely used barrier, I used 6 shields and aura/shield for almost all fights.

Other than me struggling to make the class work as well as someone else could have made it work, I had no regrets, I enjoyed every login, and the level of RP in the current crop of outlanders is seriously top notch. I couldn't have asked for a better experience on a class that wasn't in my playbook.

See you all with the next!
141362, Rest well hunter
Posted by Alendross on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always liked seeing you around. Gave me quite the confidence boost the way you always spoke of me, ha! This old hunter looks forward to seeing you when he finally feeds Her as well. GLWYN.
141363, RE: A great experience
Posted by Delkinen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Xaran. As a character, you seemed to understand Delkinen's approach more than almost anyone else except perhaps Rhaokor and I really appreciated that. Huge blow to Outlander as you were a great presence but I appreciate the time we had with you and good luck with your next.
141430, RE: A great experience
Posted by Ergush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed Xaran and hope that you come back to the religion and to Outlander again sometime. GLWYN!