Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Qhefniz Battleboots the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=141187
141187, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Qhefniz Battleboots the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 26 15:07:35 2021

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Qhefniz perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:115
141196, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Qhefniz Battleboots the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Gruntaln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this - really enjoyed what I saw.

GLWYN
141192, My heart, my soul, my brief life for the Empire
Posted by Qhefniz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always love Imperial Politics and Empire has lacked a certain panache with no active IMM lately so I felt like Destuvius returning would make Empire pop again.

I started the character and it seemed like nobody in Empire even realized he was back. I tried to be a devout Destuvian from the start and it really worked out.

His religion has some very intricate Empire RP saving graces that allowed me to really push the boundaries of trying to kick Empire up a notch. I was basically asked to find the weak and work on weeding them out.

I won’t go into too much detail because of active characters.

Ahinu I recognize your conflicts and hope you get things sorted out so the cabal gets a little more of a pick me up.

Williad you are a great gamer. You know where all the gear is and you are able to meta game your way into the gear you want with ease. You can raid cabals. You know when you will win fights and you do win those fights. You know all the preps and you prep hard. None of that makes you a decent character, it makes you a place holder. I saw my play times falling off soon and didn’t really think it was fair to rock the boat hard then leave, but playing with you was pretty cringe sometimes. Nobody will make fun of you irl if you want to pretend to play a character and not yourself playing a game.

Dhuth I really enjoyed running around getting curbstomped with you. Fort is pretty strong.

Rath I hate to hear you deleted too, but I for sure felt bad abandoning you right after we started the takeover.

Jagre I enjoyed our interaction at the Shrine. Hang in there.

Tristhana I almost started to have a real conversation with you but that really wasn’t the path my character would have gone down, so even if I enjoyed playing other characters with you I had to kill the Scion.

Tjur I thought tricking you into ganging down Tristhana was a highlight. I was laughing while running away trying to figure out how to get out of the underdark without getting bashed to death and nearly dying several times in the process.

Ael Paladin Fort Leader I apologize if you felt like that was going ooc but I’m not sure how else to bring up intentionally forcing ghost timer to void by having lowbies open other cabals for you to unghost in. It felt like you were abusing the system so I said so.

Petro we had some fun fights and I appreciate you mixing it up even outside of gangs sometimes.

Destuvius welcome back. I look forward to you having more solid play times. It was fun trying to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of current Empire and I was excited to see everything discussed flesh out but I wanted to go ahead and bail before it got too interesting and I wasn’t around as much. I think anyone going Empire should give your religion a shake at least once, it certainly has some interesting facets.

Until next time.
141193, Butt Whooping
Posted by Kaloura on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man, Qhef constantly kicked my tail. I don't think I ever felt like I had a chance in any fight, nor could get the items needed to counter the issue since nothing was in stock. Anyhow, you were a tough fella. Thanks for the fights! GLWYN.
141194, RE: My heart, my soul, my brief life for the Empire
Posted by Williad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It is a shame you could not continue; I was looking forward to finding out how you were going to manage to usurp me.
My advice to you, for any Empire character, you must respect your Sect Leader and the Emperor. There is no room for insults as you found out. If you ever wish to inform them of something you can word it as an option or suggestion or in a compliment sandwich.
You character had a totally different view of the Empire and you must abide your time and wait for the opportunity to push your world view on the cabal.

141197, Not exactly
Posted by Qhef on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You still don’t realize I was playing a role and intentionally provoked the anathema to prove a point and make myself seem stronger than you.

It was to show Ahinu/Destuvius how little you cared about the strength of your sect that you would let being corrected about how Imperial Law works be the basis by which you Anath the strongest elite at the time. His argument was that you were so weak and paranoid over losing your power that you would get rid of him at the first slight offense, and he made that argument to both of them BEFORE you anathemized him.

While I appreciate the feedback I just wanted you to understand what actually took place from my end, even if it was possibly a very exaggerated event when I told my side to work against you.

That is the sort of intrigue and roleplaying that makes Empire really unique and fun. It isn’t all just ‘kal quit lets take orb ya’. The usurpation was going to happen via rp.

141199, Stupid RL
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Work has been throttling me pretty hard so my times that were on the upswing took a MASSIVE hit the last couple weeks. Had a chance to get on yesterday to try and catch up with you and Rath only to see these... Le sad.

I was really looking forward to seeing how things would develop and if they would actually end in your favor in the long run. Thanks for giving the religion a shot and good luck on whatever comes next.
141190, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Qhefniz Battleboots the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really cool character. Glwyn!
141189, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Qhefniz Battleboots the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Rathgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the lessons in how to CF. Following you was a real pleasure. I deleted (after you, apparently) without realizing you'd deleted as well so now I'm glad that I didn't in fact abandon, like I thought I had, an exceptional leader and interesting character. Hope my newbness didn't contribute too much to your delete. GLWYN.