Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Haelior Veranimea the Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=140758
140758, (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Haelior Veranimea the Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 20 17:24:38 2021

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Haelior perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:197
140761, Goodbyes
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Considering the luck this character went through, Michael Scott is about as on par as it could be. I wanted to check off the bucket list that I had tried for a lich but a perfect set of bad circumstances just ended it. Since we've been talking about it mostly on discord, I'll keep this light here. Haelior was a rough process for me as I had different expectations going into the character challenge and every thing seemed to go wrong and after 200 hours of pain, decided to just give in.

Necros are not my style and beyond frustrating. Animate dead failure chance with an 18hr-24 hr cooldown is too damn high. Embalm fails all the time. The edges I took were completely pointless and extremely expensive for no value. Zombies for the most part did nothing to my entire range and I couldn't land a sleep without everyone showing up. Sure, I killed a lot of newer players but the strong players would just walk through my guy for the most part. I will never play a necro again.

Haelior was Johnny Bravo the Necro. There's a lot more I'd share but the challenge is still going so I'll shush. I hope people found it somewhat entertaining, I was sphere vanity so I was really trying to be humorous about it. The zombie backrubs and using them as undead furniture was fun.

The challenge itself I'll save comment for but I will say that it's partly my fault for expectations but also think there was some aspects to both the character and event that set it up for failure. Telling us things like not being allowed to join the role contest but that we'd be rewarded in other ways to hear nothing of the challenge... no bueno. Also being an anti-god character meant I wasn't getting interaction/engagement beyond the challenge which was nothing for me personally (saw a lot of others supposedly having fun).

Timing wise also on the real life side this was a rough period. Holidays with the pandemic with some family losses and job woes, it was starting to drain on me in real life. After everyone else left/deleted, I just lost the will and it was becoming a chore to login and spam zombies to either do something alone or die outnumbered somewhere.

Hope someone out there enjoyed Haelior. I did for awhile.
140763, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Ahrloire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your family losses. There is not much a stranger on the Internet can say that could help, but if you want to talk or just vent, hit me up on Discord.

I liked Haelior. He was well RPed and we just needed more time together to work through what our relationship was supposed to be. Maybe we held things too open ended while waiting for what might drop from the character challenge side. Maybe we missed an idea that it was down to us to just go with what little we had and pull the paired stories in whatever direction WE wanted to take them. Ahlroire would have done that, but he needed his teeth kicked in a few times before he would say "Alright, now what?" :)

I'd like to note that god-hating character does not preclude immteraction. After all champion of man is a thing in the game and I always have a lot of fun when the NPCs start to talk. Having said that, man, you should have rolled up as an AP. Things would have clicked way more, especially considering the way things turned out religion wise for Ahlroire. :)
140768, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Itz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad. Though we did interact not a lot, I liked what I've seen. Sorry to hear that you've got f*d by the spectral adept, this happens to the necromancers from time to time. Hopefully it will be fixed eventually. I think you should go for a mummy, or try, at least - but yes, with a wasted edge points it would be less entertaining. Really sad you didn't ask me in game about it, I would save you from this situation. Also, I did enjoy your prideful character, it was fresh and interesting.

Good luck with your next, and come back to the Chasm! 😉
140771, Yeah wish we synced up more
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a new zombie option I wanted to brag about finding.