Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Aurekrionh the Weaponsmaster, Apprentice of the
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13898
13898, (DEL) Aurekrionh the Weaponsmaster, Apprentice of the
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 5 19:23:09 2003

8 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Aurekrionh perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:182
PK Ratio:72% (closer to 100% is better)

13899, We were unbeatable or what?hehe.See ya around.nt
Posted by Sinlauk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dw
13900, Shouldn't have ended this way......
Posted by Uncle Vinny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I had started Aurekrionh as a villager wannabe .... undoubtedly something I think I should have stuck to, but at about rank 15 trying to perfect ##### with him I got sick of giant int and started playing another char, which didn't work. So I log on to see if its auto'd and .. well it hasn't. I get pull'd for the desc and put in a real sylvanish desc and think... kya re.... I put up a role and a desc at 15 If I am not mistaken and play him out as a sylvan wanna be... but as I've travell'd with a drow or something I alter the role a little stating VERY MUCH ... that the initial life of Aurekrionh was spent among the same vermin he was to defeat and fight in the later part of his life. I had a lot of lowbie fights. Thanks to Thaellenar I had a extra-ordinary axe wasn't pk'd till late thirties.

First death came at 39 to Gaplemo's hunt.... none was to follow till I hero'd. I did pick up a lot of fights, I join the heralds for pure rp reasons, but I didnt find it satisfying to be the same freaking old bar-tender like all my other heralds have been so I go with my role WHICH CLEARLY says... my eyes are opened or something like that in the late years of my life and I start working to join the sylvans.
I get my self out of the inn... go raid with Sylvans.. go attacks scions... kill drows...tribunals.. and do everything I've done in the past with my other Sylvan Chars ( Yuosha, Altarius, Vinyana ).

The talk with Aginal and Anith only cemented my intentions... and I seriously didn't want to join then... but ah well I dont know if I did a good job of runing with my role or a poor one.

Go Thror's tat (first time the anvil, was apprentice o' the hammer with Jinxian ;) ) and it all seemed to be going cool. I realised I've got 20 more hours to put into the char at that point before I take a break from cf... why ? EXAMS... ex-fucking-xams.

I've already done badly last year and this is a crucial year so I need to sit down and really study for at least the coming 3 months and do well, coz if I do I can mud as much as I was for the 6 months to follow it ... (or do anything I want in that case)

32 hours I think in the grove.. about 15 days as a warder and some funny idea comes to Saldradians mind.. You have been inducted into none. Now IC Aurekrionh would undoubtedly play it out... earn respect and get back in the grove.. but with 12 hours to go ? A skill list to perfect ? (As a Smith .. Thror does expect apprentices to have their ##### perfect'd... something I don't always do.) I am thinking what to do .. moving towards Silverwood to quit out and.. boom. 4 pebble to boulders ... 4 Devastates.. one death.. no gear (You freaking bastards how the ##### do you full loot a giant who's max'd out on weight ?) I mean seriously I was carring .. fucking 627 pounds... how in the hell did you pull that off..unless you were both naked.. *disbelief*

ah well.... on to the good byes.....

Immortals...

Intronan : I really like your religions, I would play one of your followers but I dont like the oderly only thing, most of my chars are just chaotic.. no reason .. just are. You do a rocking good job man, I thank you for that fight heh, how many mortals fight freaking Imm, but to tell the truth I expect'd more than a bloody feather at the end of it... ;) .. greedy aren't we ?

Thror : You should come first I know.... I've been to your shrine like a million times... and met you only thrice(I think) .. the first time I agree I messed it up .. the second time I guess I did considerably well. I really love your roleplaying ( I did as a rager app when you were mortal leader... Lodiran, dont expect you to remember it.. fucking gangbanging empires ) I am sorry I coudnt do much with your tat .. I as a follower ic must have disappointed you, but man ... I have only 4 more days of play left and when I got deinducted I yell'd out loud... HOlY #####... and believe me I was in my library... now after that happened I dont think i've the balls to go back there for a while.. heh. Thanks for your time and interactions, you know your cool. After Pico and Mayesha .. you are undoubtedly my favourite immortal. Its for sure I'm coming back and playing a villager... Thror follower .. I'm just hoping I do well in my exams for now and all will be fine. You do a great job with Battle...after Shalven and Valkore.. I really fucking had to play a cloud giant that left his impression on the mud for times to come ... because believe it or not.. I've myself hero'd 12 warriors and this is the 12th... = 24 legacies and all specs. So I'm in the impression that I know how to handle a warrior in most situations (though I still dont have an idea how to kill uber prepped invoker as a non rager warrior) Thanks again .. do well with the village and luck with it all.

Gwimdorf : Thanks for you support man, If only Blimbali didn't behave like a thorn... I seriously hated him ic... i think he even made it to my role...

Saldradian : Why man.. why freaking why... couldn't you have talk'd it out ? I DID PROVE MYSElf BEFORE BEING INDUCTED... FUCKING TWICE ! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ? I DID IT ONCE .. JUST BEFORE GWIMDORF BECAME LEADER... SECOND TIME TO NUNCHYK ... (Phylanthorin.. say something :p ) ... I didn't have the time .. I really wanted to do a bit for the grove before I went back into the same rocks that gave me birth or something..... I only hope you'd talk this... I had this esay and accent making it difficult for me to explain the right thing in the right way...

======================================================================

Off to the other folks....

Sylvan.... I HAVE TO START WITH THIS.

Blimbali : I do respect you as a player .. as all you tried to do for the grove... but do you realise what you choose as questions for interviewing were extrememnly annoying ? Did you care to find out my role ? Did you as me .. Who are you ? ( a question I think all cabal leaders must ask) no.. but what you do instead is give me six freaking quests at rank 27... now how the ##### does an axe spec giant find out ##### about dranetty.. (ic) guess what ... I spoke to 3 warders and even Gwimdorf himself didn't know the answer to 3 of them.. now that was extremely painful to go through. I mean.. I am rank 41 and you still dont induct me.. instead you give me more quests.. I seriosly couldnt take more of it. Because I had spoke to all the warders.. including the warder lieutenants (both) and I tell you the answers they tell me.. and you say... You are wrong.. ##### man if I am .. so are you lieutenants... *shrug* I guess its not proper to set standards high being a cabal leader... because you were not the same Blimbali I was helping rank with Tiboulen and Daevidina when you were rank 15 and I'll tell you your exact words then..
"Can you please let me rank in you group ? I really need to"
Not kidding man. No complaints against your char.. just you set your standards annyoningly high... let old school be old school.(read what I have to say for Sassmi too)

Sassmi : Over the past 10 odd days or so Aurekrion .. ic fell in love with Sassmi.. other than that he considered her as his true friend (something he only consider'd her and Sinlauk as)
As a leader I dont know if this is your first.. but you are almost perfectly like it should be... comparing you to Blimbali .. another grome druid.. warder captain..

Here is what its like...

Blimabli asks Applicant...

1 name 6 sources of natural food.
2 I want you to find out whom do the dranetty's worship
3 I want you to find out why the wolfs in prosimy are aggresive
4 I want you to find out why the pond is poison'd and
5 I want you to find out why the villagers are not affected by it
6 Speak with Gwimdorf... gain his recommendation
7 Speak with Arehanah .. gain her recommendation

Sassmi asks applicant...

Who are you...
Why do you seek the grove...
What animal do you represent in the wilds..

induct applicant sylvan

both might be right in their way but I think yours was a bit too harsh (nod Blimbali).

Anyways Sassmi I am very sorry to leave you alone to your raiding, no more throne.. you'll miss it yeah ? No more free rides on the huge dwarfs shoulders... no more sidles and bodyflipping no worse of all no more tickles and interviews together *chuckle*
I think you make for a wonderful captain.. friendly and purile.. thats some nice rp you manage.
No more cf but you can still hit me with an email...
cry_of_thunder@hotmail.com

Nunchyk : you deleted shortly after I was inducted, thanks for the talk and all.. I though you did okay, living dying .. running and chasing is a part of the game, shouldnt really be a reason to delete.

Phylanthorin... from ranking you up to runing about with you, I loved every part of it. I think you did great as a paladin. Being different... man.. good job. luck with your tourneys and hope with what ever you plan for next.

Aldon : Defending solo against vokers isnt much fun eh ? lol

Lycith : I dont know why you want all the fancy gear, that is the way it seems, you surely dont play much... maybe you dont have the time yet have a passion for cf.. but seriously you dont deserve that axe..IMHO. Log in more, there is a lot ofpotential in your char, just log on more and hero... luck in future.

Cardiel : Get those shields and get rocking You are the future of the grove man, I know you are.

Iell/Agrinlent : As above. the bright future of the grove.

=====================================================================

Tribunal :

Filetine : You had a chance to run man.. I seriosly yell'd out loud when you deleted .. one death is hardly a reason to delete .. AND we were to return your gear.. since it rejected us. Nice char for a first hero though, never look'd like a hero to me.

Futaleufu : WHY ! why did you keep telling me hi ? thats all I want to know.

Farnsworth : You "Sir" are one sick bastard.. seriously .. unless you have some good contacts.. I dont see how you manage to hold you post as a provost. You've done it thrice in front of me... I've got logs of it. You've gone ooc to kill me ... I'd post them but it would be good, I will wait for you to delete or post them after editing you cheap tactics, not because of anything other reason but that I repect the game. You couldn't kill me solo for a fly's worth, you know it more than I do. You couldn't ever take me down from 240 hp... heh.
Seriosly man, it might be only to rp a corrupt tribunal... but to be rewarded for it ? *boggle*

Kaebe : Fun times yeah ? Rather odd that my best friend was tribunal paladin.

Gaerak : I expect you to show honour, that I have shown. Luck man!

Battle :

Grogim : We grew up together, never thought you'd make it to battle leader, though after we hero'd I didnt see much of you, I liked your char and its so odd that we met first as two ambitious axe specs.. one apprentice of the hammer ..other of the anvil. Nice job in battle man, keep trucking, although if our playing times are different then I might be wrong.. but other than that I haven't seen you for a while.

Bryvac : It felt insane when I was outdamaging a rager ... but you had more trick up your sleeves and undoutedly used your brains as well as you did your brawns. Grats on imm'ng ... (auto'd too eh ?)

Tessaron : Sick bastard... going ooc or using betrayal is a bad way to pk.. specially the way you did, I got back to you.. and you deserved it. I am happy I could deal with you betrayal in game, year in the game :P .. teach you that.

Tauser : We had some fun ranking up and all man.. good job !

====================================================================

Herald :

Airael : Nice char, you first hero if I am not wrong, but well handled, watch out for Mirdulad wont you ? *peck*

Meladori : Man, I seriously think you are a great rp'er. Log on more, hero up ... there is a lot instore for your char.. just extend your hand and grab it !

Others :

Aviendha : Live and learn.. svirfs arent too good to explore with but ah well you'll probably learn a lot if you stick around, guts and attitude is all its takes to do well as a char in cf, you have both.

Ilados : pincer Ilados... heh, still got no Idea why you died to me thrice .. all the time assassinating me.

Mirdulad : nice char, I might have shown hatred for you IC but that is because you were drow and I have a little respect for you ooc, but I have this feeling I know you past char ... in any case keep moving .. violet potions are pretty much a bard's bane.

Keilliston/ Roeger : Fun times guys, its always fun ranking with Dillos and lions.

Brenbardo : *whisper* Where did you run off to ? Nice char.. STOP SPEAKING OOC ... Brenbardo tells you 'You hit like a truck!'....
*cough*

SINLAUK :: MAN YOU ROCKED . I WAS ALWAYS AFRAID THAT YOU'D COME FIEND ME OR SOMETHING ... BUT NO. SINLAUK was probably my best friend. You've stood by me in good times and bad... really must thank you for it, its Sinlauk, Sassmi and Thror that really made this char fun.

=================================================================

Scions :

Nothing much to say
There was nothing remarkable in the fighting style of any combat clasees.

Aginal : Your brutal attack grazes x 2 Aginal. Aginals geyser >>>ANNHILATES<<< you. You flee from combat! q transportation.
That is why our fights were usually like. One tough invoker... tough as the nail on the coffin. Man .. AGE DIE ! so there is some chane and hope for the sylvan combatants that scatter at the flap of your wings ;) Nice'n strong .. and you know it.

well all others are pretty okay.

Aginal/Anith/Panir/Helga/Shalizar/Latiola/Deveskrius... typically scions yet well played. You really made the cabal strong. ROCK ON!

so much for the good byes. Its 6 in the morning (librarian isnt here yet, heh)

Thanks for making the game fun, I tried best to be a sport (no gangs with Aurekrionh ...) and play like I should over the last couple of months ...

Special thanks to the imms for all they do... kudos and good luck.

==================================================================

Like Ol'Maus says : If you don't feel like pkin'... RP !

==================================================================

13916, RE: Shouldn't have ended this way......
Posted by Aginal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know I gave you ##### in the game, but I never really expected you to stay and defend against me, although I do mean what I said about calling to the fortress and village for aid. Defend or don't, but be your own people at least. That first time you attacked the chasm, and claimed afterwards you didn't know your party was going to strike, took me half a second to say no way. I'm with someone and I'm suddenly in a dry streambed, or some ruins or the ashes...I know what's going on. If you didn't...well, in the future, awareness is critical to life. As for all your gear disappearing...well, I couldn't carry overly much, just rings and pendants I think...but the other invoker was pretty much naked, and the other two hundred pounds was in your girdle. Why do giants carry entire shops in their girdles?
13917, Ever tried to feed a giant?
Posted by Melkorath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I eat 4 times the ammount of food a human eats to get full, and i eat probably 2-3 times more often than a human does.(insert mirror with water consumption). 1 hour of gameplay is about 140 pounds of food for me, 30 pounds of water. I've had 400 pound containers :)P

Also, giants just dont dodge for #####, so if the item isnt limited you chuck it in your container for anyone you pass by, or if you die and they cannot carry it all, you get your container + some bare essentials.

13913, Uh, no.
Posted by Farnsworth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have no idea why you are so bitter and angry, but I'm neither ooc cheating nor corrupt as a tribunal. Post whatever you like, I've done nothing wrong. In fact, I've done most things right, I'd say. But that's just me.

And I only remember killing you twice, not two times. Maybe I forgot one. You were never that special to make an impression, I'm sorry.

Post your logs at will.

Farnsworth Jones, Totally IC, Too Legit To Quit
13914, Reminder

Trekalash and Danaethil (scion weds rager ? another thing I found off) were grouped and killing Randin.. you come into town dont flag them even though I am willing to be Randins witness, you tell me to shut my mouth and suck it up (in your own snobbish way.. nice rp that!) and the second .. Tessaron attacks me in town and you flag me instead of him. Couple of days later Tessaron tells me you both has planned it out. AND DUDE ! it was completely ooc because Tessaron ran from teh warrior bar... to you (you were at the market square ALL THE WHILE ) and smirked followed by your smirk ... *gross*
and then I tell you to flag him... you say dont teach me my job. Might have been planned IC or ooc but its was not fair and if a Provost isnt doing justice.. he isnt doing his job. Tessaron told me the next day that he thought I was nexus so he played this whole thing
13915, RE: Reminder
Posted by Farnsworth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I give you my address will you send me some of whatever it is you are smoking or ingesting?

Just a few things here, though pretty much everything you wrote is just out and out wrong. To start off with, if I was not in the city when a fight began, but entered later, it's almost impossible to properly place a flag. Not impossible, but close. I wasn't there when they supposedly attacked Randin - and I wasn't a friend of Danaethil, as you might not know she asked that all Tribunals, including me, be hunted - and you, my rather ill-informed friend, were not orderly. Your word meant very little. Especially when it would have been your word and Randin's against the word of Trekalsh and Danaethil. Two against two. Why should I believe you?

As for the Tessaron thing, as I remember it you attacked him. Whether that might have been after he had attacked you, fled, and you then attacked him back, I don't know and don't care. You broke the law. As for planning it out with Tessaron, I have never done that with anyone other than to say that if someone attacks you in town, I will flag the attacker. Which is exactly my job. If Tessaron told you otherwise - which I doubt, but whatever - then he's lying.

Either way, you're just flat out completely and totally wrong. I was neither ooc nor corrupt. You just were chaotic or at best neutral and you chose to break laws. Suck it up and live with the consequences.
13911, Wait, let me get this right...
Posted by Mirdulad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You didn't take the resist mental legacy? And you were just quaffing potions!? Baaaaaah! I hated you IC because of who you were, and I hated you OOC because you were a Giant and I couldn't kill you!! You were a beast, and of all the people online I feared you the most, just because you could lag and do massive damage.

I can't say I'll miss you, because I won't, I'm actually glad you're gone. I suppose that's a complement in its own kind of way. Good luck with your exams and your next character.
13912, RE: Wait, let me get this right...
Best way to fight is never let your opponent know you fear them, so when I gave the legacy ##### to you I knew it you'd think fiending me might not be a good idea... which it WAS!
I repected you IC actually but still hated you.
I liked to see you on and soon as you were I'd have a pincer mirdulad trigger on. You must say I NEVER gave you the first strike eh ?
I knew it that once attacked a bard's got nothing to save his ass...
you fiend took me to 170 hp once.. the closest you came to killing me .. other wise it was only ... pincer .. pincer .. dead/fled
anyways, luck and all to you
13910, RE: Shouldn't have ended this way......
Posted by Noldruk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A small comment on perfecting, no it isn't required.

(Hint: I didn't perfect parry or dodge until 300 hours into the character)

Noldruk
13909, Awwwww!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Sassmi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've no idea why Saldradien do that. =( I'll miss you though, really, very very much. I did ask more than those questions, most of the time I get other members of the Grove to participate it in. Second time being leader actually, first was in Dawn. I wish you good luck with the exams and hope to see you again once you're over with it. You still over me one thing!!!!!!!

Strawberry weeps herself dry
13908, Didn't expect to see you here so soon...
Posted by Airael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually enjoyed being thrown over your shoulder there at times, made me laugh on this end. You are 'almost' right on the first hero thing but I dont wanna give anything out about her until shes gone. When you came to me telling me you wished to leave the Heralds I actually knew you had it on your mind for some reason. You were too wild n stuff and I actually believed you were gonna come and speak to me about leaving. Also I needed to read what you would write when you spoke about three or four times before I understood anything you said to me. Was kinda funny. Sorry again to see you go, I hope chance will run me across you again in the fields one day...
13907, RE: Shouldn't have ended this way......
Posted by Grogim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was often very warey of you as you were a cloud giant warrior who was not a rager and lately, most of these have been enemies. I saw you alot when I played during the day when I had moved cities/house and was waiting to start my new job. When I started I was then only mudding evenings and saw you less and less. Was fun advancing and talking about this and that. See you again soon, I am sure.

Grogim Gildenarm

13901, Was on my Honeymoon and just now saw this.
Posted by Blimbali on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just got back from Aruba so I am seeing this for the first time now. I will try and respond best I can from memory without hunting through logs for your interviews, notes, and our apparent grouping together. I just dont have the time right now to search. I can get you anything you need though.

>
>Gwimdorf : Thanks for you support man, If only Blimbali
>didn't behave like a thorn... I seriously hated him ic... i
>think he even made it to my role...
>
>Saldradian : Why man.. why freaking why... couldn't you have
>talk'd it out ? I DID PROVE MYSElf BEFORE BEING INDUCTED...
>FUCKING TWICE ! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ? I DID IT ONCE
>.. JUST BEFORE GWIMDORF BECAME LEADER... SECOND TIME TO
>NUNCHYK ... (Phylanthorin.. say something :p ) ... I didn't
>have the time .. I really wanted to do a bit for the grove
>before I went back into the same rocks that gave me birth or
>something..... I only hope you'd talk this... I had this
>esay and accent making it difficult for me to explain the
>right thing in the right way...

It would seem that I was not the only person who didnt have much faith in the character then.,

>======================================================================
>
>Off to the other folks....
>
>Sylvan.... I HAVE TO START WITH THIS.
>
>Blimbali : I do respect you as a player .. as all you tried
>to do for the grove... but do you realise what you choose as
>questions for interviewing were extrememnly annoying ?

Thanks, I respect your player as well. Annoying how? The interviewing process serves one purpose: to find if you are competant enough to be a member of the cabal. Competant on a few levels. Cabal knowledge, RP skill, and when applicable game knowledge. If they annoyed or made you wriggle in your chair I am in a way happy. All my interviews are set up to put the interviewee in a nervous state if possible. As it should be in RL.

>Did
>you care to find out my role ? Did you as me .. Who are you
>? ( a question I think all cabal leaders must ask) no.. but
>what you do instead is give me six freaking quests at rank
>27... now how the ##### does an axe spec giant find out
>##### about dranetty.. (ic) guess what ... I spoke to 3
>warders and even Gwimdorf himself didn't know the answer to
>3 of them.. now that was extremely painful to go through.

If you ask around people I inducted during the character Blimbali you will find that maybe 60% even got quests. You get a quest if I feel you need one. You were not impressing me on any level whatsoever. I am sorry but you just werent. In that way the quests serve not only to get you to learn the proper answers I am looking for and develop you into what we need in a Sylvan, but they also serve well to weed out the people who dont want to trudge through it. If you dont want to press through a quest or two we didnt need ya anyway is the way I lok at it. Any leader wants someone who is in for the long haul and not going to give up after some rocky ground.

>I mean.. I am rank 41 and you still dont induct me.. instead
>you give me more quests.. I seriosly couldnt take more of
>it. Because I had spoke to all the warders.. including the
>warder lieutenants (both) and I tell you the answers they
>tell me.. and you say... You are wrong.. ##### man if I am
>.. so are you lieutenants...

Because you are rank 41 you feel that warrants an induction? Ive seen people apply at like rank 15 to cabals and in a few days be damn near hero. Often before even getting an interview. Your rank means nothing. As for you not being able to take more of it, our entire span of interactions couldnt possibly have gone more then 3-4 days, if thats to much for you....see previous comments about rocky ground. As I remember you did not manage to complete a single one of the things I asked, yet you still came back to me the next day and wanting to speak as if you had. Knowing full well you didnt. You even tried to ##### me on answers! It was obvious you were out for a quick induction and didnt want to put effort into it. I see you have played past warders but that doesnt mean you deserve it. It needs to be earned each time.

>*shrug* I guess its not proper
>to set standards high being a cabal leader... because you
>were not the same Blimbali I was helping rank with Tiboulen
>and Daevidina when you were rank 15 and I'll tell you your
>exact words then..
>"Can you please let me rank in you group ? I really need to"
>Not kidding man. No complaints against your char.. just you
>set your standards annyoningly high... let old school be old
>school.(read what I have to say for Sassmi too)
>

Annoyingly high? Your character failed to impress me on any level, when I gave you opportunity to proove yourself and earn some points, you tried to side step the SIMPLE little quests. Not even quests really, just questions you needed to research the answers to.

>Sassmi : Over the past 10 odd days or so Aurekrion .. ic
>fell in love with Sassmi.. other than that he considered her
>as his true friend (something he only consider'd her and
>Sinlauk as)
>As a leader I dont know if this is your first.. but you are
>almost perfectly like it should be... comparing you to
>Blimbali .. another grome druid.. warder captain..

Because we are the same race/class means nothing really. Sassmi and I have VERY contrary personalities as characters go. Possibly as contrary as they come.

>Here is what its like...
>
>Blimabli asks Applicant...
>
>1 name 6 sources of natural food.

If I remember right you failed this and I asked you to find the answer, you came back to me later with about 2 more then before and still not 6.

>2 I want you to find out whom do the dranetty's worship

I know you are a capable player so that being said I have to wonder why you actually went there, knowing full well you would die, to find the answer that can easily be asked IC. I ask this question of a TON of applicants, 80% get it right off, the other 20% find it immediately by asking around. Its an important question for a Sylvan to know, especially for Blimbali since they worship the god I was tattooed by.

>3 I want you to find out why the wolfs in prosimy are
>aggresive

Because you failed to answer this basic question. I wanted you to learn the answer.

>4 I want you to find out why the pond is poison'd and

Because you failed to answer this basic question. I wanted you to learn the answer.

>5 I want you to find out why the villagers are not affected
>by it

>6 Speak with Gwimdorf... gain his recommendation
>7 Speak with Arehanah .. gain her recommendation

I did this because at this point in the game we were on our second or third interview this was essentially, the last hope. Had one of them really stood up for you and convinced me I would have given you a chance. But to be honest at this point the idea of just denying you admission was running through my head. I hear VERY shortly later that you had said some nasty things IC to someone about me, and retracted your application. Fine, problem solved. You didnt have what it took, I put you to the test to proove yourself, and you gave up...quickly.

>Sassmi asks applicant...
>
>Who are you...
>Why do you seek the grove...
>What animal do you represent in the wilds..
>
>induct applicant sylvan

Tell me why this is a good thing? Induction is not deserved..ever. That is why we have the induction process. Not to detract from Sassmi but he came into leadership at a hard hard time for Sylvan. He was doing a little mass induction from what people tell me. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess to get the cabal's heart pumping again. Me...naw, this is to easy.

>both might be right in their way but I think yours was a bit
>too harsh (nod Blimbali).

I apologise if you felt singled out but the character just failed to cut the mustard on many many levels. I, as an interviewer and leader am FULLY responsible for your actions once the 'induct X Sylvan' goes through. My name is on your back, so to speak. If I dont trust you I cant give you the nod.

Good luck in the future.
Blimbali, AKA Oddjob
13905, I was wronged!
Posted by Sassmi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Sassmi asks applicant...
>
>Who are you...
>Why do you seek the grove...
>What animal do you represent in the wilds..
>
>induct applicant sylvan

Tell me why this is a good thing? Induction is not deserved..ever. That is why we have the induction process. Not to detract from Sassmi but he came into leadership at a hard hard time for Sylvan. He was doing a little mass induction from what people tell me. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess to get the cabal's heart pumping again. Me...naw, this is to easy.

Those are not just the questions that I asked.
I asked what Blimbali ask as well, and almost all of them. Just that I don't send people on quest unless it is necessary. If you don't believe me, make a sylvan and you'll know its not just that three questions. I deserves the right to defend myself when I'm wronged. If applicants can answer the questions farely well enough, I believe they deserve a change to be in. Especially after I've seen them fought or heard from other sylvans about them. I believe I deserve an apology for being wronged.

13906, Okay, Appologies, its what it seemed, untrue though .. SORRY! n/t
Posted by Aurekrionh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
13902, In my personal capacity
Posted by Knightsteed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Blimbali for his/her style there.When you are a leader,like you say,your name is on his back ...
I think what aurekrionh was frustrated with was lack of progress in the interview stage.Like he was on quests and stuff.
If we go back to the helpfiles induction into a cabal is a reward for roleplay.Roleplay cant be measured by hours.I think aurekrionh spent some hours doing those quests and then ... which might explain his attitude.So like,he spent hours.And blimbali dinna get the answers.
13903, RE: In my personal capacity
Posted by Oddjob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I couldnt find my way to inducthim on sylvan/game knowledge or on RP factor. I can understand his frustration I suppose but he wasnt making the greade so the quests were only to get him to make it. The quests werent handed to him "willy nilly". I wanted him to find the answers to questions he didnt know. He mentioned how he asked warders some things and they didnt know...well this is why. I dont ask every applicant the same things, then people talk to other players and tell them what I ask.

Tell me 6 places in the wilds to find food to survive on.
Didnt get it correct.
Task #1, find me 6 places to find food in the wilds.

Who do the Dranetty worship?
Didnt get it right.
Task #2, Find out who the Dranetty worship.

Etc, Etc.

As far as Roleplay goes, not to long after our interviews and he said some nasty things to another char about me and essentially blew off Sylvan application, hung out in town, etc. Its funny that he decided to once again push for Sylvan now that I was dead. All in all, its hard to see why the character would be inducted by me or anyone. Saldradien knew about all of this, likely why he was uninducted.
13904, let me put it right... :)
Posted by Aurekrionh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
was only frustrated with the fact that people in the grove didnt know the answers .. how the hell was I supposed to know them ?
Aurekrionh hated potions in his early life and going to dranetty to find out at rank 27 was a bit risky moreover the answers I told you were told to me by gwimdorf
if I was wrong he was wrong
I the second time I asked Lycith for the answers and told them to you and you again tell me that I was wrong, irritating, wouldnt you agree ?

nice job and all but I still hang on to what I said