Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Deiramor the Champion of the Virtues, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138971
138971, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Deiramor the Champion of the Virtues, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 15 13:19:25 2020

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Deiramor perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:391
138985, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Deiramor the Champion of the Virtues, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Frahyel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed your time as the Marshall, fantastic character and I feel like the Fortress as a whole really thrived because of you. It was a fun ride.
138974, Cheers.
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what it is about playing fort, but it always seems to burn me out much faster. I have always struggled with good align in the past so really wanted to give it a better go this time. Saw fort looked to be majorly outgunned with Mummy and co, so figured it was a good time (jokes on me). Because numbers were so low when I rolled up I decided to finally give a communer a proper go, since then I could easily PVE by myself and such.

As a serial evil player I learned tons this char. I can see why people love communers so much, not having to prep was relaxing. I still struggle with the rping with enemies side of things as good align, so sorry if that came across stilted - a work in progress, though I felt this got more natural as time went on. I think I can fight bat paladins better after this one, though I still have no idea how to tangle with a temperance one.

I was getting really burned out but did not want to leave Fort without any means to induct. Then Chetush deleted when we got a second leader and I didn't want to hit them with a double whammy, so stuck it out a bit longer. Definitely made a critical error with the character of not setting enough long term goals, but I never expected to actually get Tiamat: fort snowballed hard which made it viable.

Far too many people to mention everyone.

Korsgaard: Your religion appears straight forward on the surface but when I started applying it day to day I realised there is a ton of depth. I loved our interactions, and huge thanks for giving me a shot at Marshal. I am sure I dropped the ball a ton of times, I am so bad at good align but I still had a lot of fun with the talks, and I hope you did too.

Padwei: thanks for taking my newbieness in stride where fort is concerned. My epic fail of not realising I could check if someone had got their evil pk was probably the worst, but far from the only one.

Chetush: this is definitely the best character I've seen of yours. Great rp, still a serious pk force even if your build wasn't really made for it. The trip where we got defiance was definitely one of my favourite PVE things on this char - I think we could have two manned it, but three seemed like the sweet spot.

Devrena: I was a huge fan. A rock solid presence when you can be around and just all round awesome.

Theorendus: the no crawl thing is so brutal. I was the most insensitive paladin ever - I kept forgetting. I think we kind of clashed early in the characters lifetime but we ended getting along very well. Learned lots in that area, best of luck cracking the mystery! You're great and somehow seem to be making it work.

Xalic: we didn't get to play much together but when we did line up it was good times.

Laurandt: fantastic Acolyte presence. Enjoyed all our talks a lot, and had a blast with the PVE.

Ajanfindel: I really enjoyed your character. Very different to the typical fort, and I had fun with our talks. You'll be a great Maran without a doubt, if you're not one already!

Frahyel: a really good friend. I was always sad our times didn't line up more, but you were fantastic to have around.

Dielicai: I was really :( when you deleted because I liked Die a lot, but I get it. Fort got stupid big insanely fast and the pk dried up for a while there. Had a ton of fun for that period when we were trying to deal with big empire.

To all the newbies in fort: keep it up, you guys were learning so fast!

Daksoble: enjoyed the way our relationship changed over the character's lifetime. Thanks for the help with Tiamat, good luck: you've got some scary enemies.

Ryo: very impressive healer, and just a really fun person to have around. Looking forward to your next one.

Narra: mad respect for all your retrievals against the odds. Glad you got the cool quest form, totally deserved.

Dahkan: very cool character. Enjoyed our interactions and the fights were a fun back and forth. I was pretty happy I picked up on some of your backstory from your desc. You were really tough, and super evil!

Angaph: the most fearless thief ever. I was glad we got to talk more towards the end of your character's life, though I need to be quicker with the keepreply - everyone wants to send you tells as Marshal so I kept losing you mid convo. Single handedly made it a nightmare to raid Empire and without ever getting into a fight. That loot was a rough one, but you took it on the chin like a champ.

Mylla: that bat train was my last kill and that was the only time that ever happened. I couldn't believe it when it was happening.

Nossos: brutal. What a way to go out.

Evil villagers and any duergar warriors: I honestly just felt bad. Berserkers could not touch this build after second virtue, though that wasn't just a berserker problem for sure.

Orcs: I confess I get all your names mixed up, but you were all awesome.

I have some thoughts concerning fort in general, but here probably isn't the place for them.
138975, RE: Cheers.
Posted by Chanya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It feels to me that you were the catalyst to turning Fort completely around. That's got to be a pretty big checkmark on a CF bucket list. Congrats on that!
138976, Fort Chaos?
Posted by Eybaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I heard I caused a lot of chaos in the Fort about me. Sorry about having to put you in any crudy situations. We didn't interact a ton, but things seemed solid enough. GLWYN
138979, You will be missed.
Posted by Devrena on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My dear friend Deiramor, was a pleasure being around the same time as you were. You had all needed that is needed to be a solid leader and turn the tides of battle as you did. Solid presence, skill in combat, area knowledge and willingness to teach/improve the ones around you.

I am really glad you finally got Tiamat. The day i did, i really was hoping you did as well to get a "double" pathfinders day. Would be legendary.

Thanks again for everything and i hope you have fun with your next. Do not get too used to the dark side, come back to the light soon!

Devrena
138984, RE: Cheers.
Posted by Itz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done on a most annoying batting paladin ever. Weak at the beginning, went into a strong enemy that would permalag me for 21-30 rounds with 100% command denial. I've used everything on you - wither, weaken, srcourge but you never dropped your staff (or polearm, or whatever) and just kept spamming your bat (I think).

I have developed a very vile plan against your bat spamming, but then that quarantine thing happened and I never had a chance to try it.

Funny that it was YOU who told me how to counter banshee and yet you died to it twice, I think :)

Liked that you always been polite and it was nice to talk to you even though we were enemies. And well done on rebuilding the Fortress, I think you was the reason of it becoming so crowded, good work!

GLWYN and maybe see you there!
138986, Haha, man
Posted by xyfa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I knew exactly how to deal with banshee, but I thought it only ticked at midnight. So my first death was finding out that was wrong. Then I was like "Ok, it must tick before 5 AM, no worries". So I engaged at 5 AM and it turns out it was 6, I had to laugh.

You were a really tough enemy of course. Its fend that does the ultra lag, but yeah, even before maran my weapon was light enough I would never drop it. This was a surprisingly rough matchup for mummy though, I expected it to kind of suck but after virtues and whatnot it was very strong. Enjoyed all our fights and talks too.
138989, RE: Haha, man
Posted by Itz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll reveal my idea how to beat your fend spamming since I barely able to play. I've planned to summon something into the room where we'd fight and attack it, while maledicting you and let undeads aim on you. Second plan was, of course, just to PWK you. If I would have someone by my side to gank you (which I usually never had). I'd go for forget. Eventually PWK works get you (as it got one very annoying assassin). Oh well, good days, good fights! See you there someday!
138988, RE: Cheers.
Posted by mackle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Evil's make the best good aligns :)

Actually I think whatever character you play, you seem to end up being liked and respected by your cabal.

Well played all round.

Good luck with the next.
138995, RE: Cheers.
Posted by Merahaid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So sad to see you go. One of the few in the Fortress with which my timing at least sometimes matched. You were great to talk to about our religion. Thanks for showing me some new things as well.

You are already sorely missed.
139001, RE: Cheers.
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were an upstanding good aligned character and Fort/paladin. Good luck with your next.
138973, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Deiramor the Champion of the Virtues, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Angaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm still mad at myself for that death where I ended up losing a lot of gear. I had run out of the typical teleport potions I use (and that I have an alias set up to quaff) but the Tara'bal was nearly dead and all my preps were still active so I thought I'd make one more pass. I actually had an orb of travel and a different teleport potion in my inventory that I could have used, but did not. Partly it was the lack of an alias to quaff them, but also I just forgot I was carrying them. In the heat of the moment I got it stuck in my head that I had to flee on foot. Brain-lock.
138972, Brother Deiramor,
Posted by Ajanfindel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The DISCORDant rumors of your demise echoed in the whispers of harsh tavern shrews, but I had hoped they were malicious lies.

You were an excellent Marshal from what I saw, a leader who listened as well as lead, and I had nothing but good things to say when I spoke to Father Panmorne about you. You were a champion of the Fortress, putting others ahead of yourself, and you tempered the hunt of the wicked with an observance of the Tribunal peace.

I was sorely aggrieved when my own warrant caused a peacekeeper to attack you, rather than me, and although I respect the nobility in his dying for his cause, his death should not have happened at your hand. In my mind, it is as if a reaver had twisted his mind to betray a soldier of peace.

Although the light has dimmed in your passing, it has not gone out. New recruits beg to be taught the fundamentals of our war, and I can only hope that one of them will be you, reborn.