Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Thozur the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138886
138886, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Thozur the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 29 11:56:21 2020

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Thozur perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:120
138887, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Thozur the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Thozur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yea, not a lot to say on this one.

He was supposed to be just a mid-level ####-around character for the random hour here, random hour there I thought I would be able to play. COVID changed that, and some sparse mid-levels made me think "eh, I should just hero."

What I really should have done is deleted him and made something else. The heroing thing went about as well as I could have expected.

A very few goodbyes:

Fthalfthir -- You're awesome. Just wish you were around more.
Bugglin -- Sorry man. I had good intentions.
Gulbir -- You're awesome. Don't hero.

Deiramor -- I'm glad I cleaned your clock when we were both little, because you beat me up down and sideways at hero. The more I thought about it, the more I came up with EXACTLY two ways to beat you:

1. Just kite after you do your rally
2. Catch you without sanc

1. Bothered me for a mildly suicidal sphere rage berserker
2. Is a lot easier said than done, especially when sixteen other maran are after me

A bit of respect for not curbstomping me after I was down.

Chetush -- You could be more graceful. I gave you ample opportunities to kill me one on one, and you solidly dominated my ass in every one. Mildly ####-all I could do to your build, but I gave it a solid go anyway. Somewhat discouraging to then have you relentlessly after me, chasing me down with an air major, ambushing me in the middle of an invoker trap. Taking three after me when I was with Bugglin in the middle of a place I had no escape from. That one in particular bothered me -- you could've come by yourself and had a sure-kill. You still brought three. I guess I almost feel bad for killing Jaane in that gank, thief vs duerg berserker is as bad a match-up as me vs you. Yeah, you got your kills. Were they in any way satisfying? How am I supposed to play this? "Oh, Chetush is on, I shouldn't go anywhere or do anything or he'll gank me."

Blodwyn -- <3. Just <3. You're awesome and scary, both great RP and a good sport. Good luck on your Becoming.
138888, RIP crass duergar
Posted by Deiramor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You got me good early on. After virtues it just wasn't really fair anymore: I tried not to go out of my way to pick on you once that became apparent. Liked your 0 filter speech, always gave me a laugh.

Good luck with your next.
138889, I miss Thozur
Posted by Blodwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You reminded me of the way old school ragers were. Constantly had me lol'ing.

You will be missed you little fekker!
138890, Agreed
Posted by Same Boat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm about ready to delete and walk away from my come back character because of this same thing. If this is the state of CF then it's not really a game I want to play. He's also getting imm rewards because apparently he's struggling too much to gang down noobs as easily as he wants.
138891, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Thozur the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Ftholthfr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You'll be missed. We definitely had some fun together. I completely relate to what you said about how having limited time for the game puts a series of limitations on the character as well. Anyhow, good luck with your next cause we both know you'll be back. :)