Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON) Mernon the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13884
13884, (CON) Mernon the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 5 18:57:01 2003

11 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Mernon perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:260
PK Ratio:18% (closer to 100% is better)

13885, RE: (CON) Mernon the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Mernon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Holy crap I almost broke 20! Woo freaking hoo! Hehe. Anyways, I told myself I would either con die or age die so hey I kept with it and I did it! Jaguar and Falcon were a fun pair, flyto murder $target was fun to make people mad, then I would just camp out in the forest outside the village with the Jaguar and ambush, really fun, died most of the time but still fun.

The Nexus is usually pretty fun, but with declining numbers and more newbie Villagers it is getting really annoying getting killed and no one to cry to (just joking). But in the earlier times with all of the Nexans like Angelita, Faerk, Kierning, Lurdonis, and there for awhile Kyeila before she wimped out ;) .

Enemies:
Not to many of you.

Maran: Cant remember all of your names, but after that time when the light was tipping forever and I attacked a few of you I was marked as a dark heart and should be killed over and over, even after I tried to give a few things back, oh well was fun fighting with you.

Village: Here we go the creamy stuff.

Koaeb: Fun fun fun, fights with you were awsome.
Guenrayn: See above plus damnit you were tough with the entwine and stun.
Grogim: Fought you twice and lost both times, well done (might take off that order to full loot ;) )
Rodonar: You were a tough one unless I could catch you sitting on the crapper or something, good job.
Rustanviel: Favortie rager, fun talking with you and damn that fiend.
Jadirjeke: Not much respect for you though I suppose you have your reasons for lieing and all that, oh well good luck in the future.
Palesson: You were a mean freaking rager, I was scared everytime I saw you walking around.

I have probably left out a lot of you just post and I will try and say something clever and inspriational.

Well, not my best char but the funnest of all I think, Lenux was my first hero shifter then Mernon, Lenux got me going Mernon is making me quit, at least for awhile with shifters. Well, dont know what else to say other than kill you all later...Er...Right. See you in the fields.

Mernon, once Short and Hansome gnome of the Rift
13896, Sorry to see you go.
Posted by Erinphalis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I'm glad someone stuck it out to their last death. Well done from the various chars I saw you from. Good luck in the future.
13897, Wow, umm, who else was I that you knew?
Posted by ChaosTheory on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was a little surprised when I saw you log on almost right after I died, I was at the MS talking with Farnsworth and up pops your name, I was away on vacation for two weeks so I suppose I shouldnt be to surprised. I rolled up a newb and saw the note, I was touched, really I was. Never had a note written about me good or bad. Well, a few bad ones but hey those lightwalkers and sylvan have big heads sometimes ;) . Just joking again, I am sick I know it. But thanks anyways, was fun with the little chat we had, remember that advice! It will save you some day. Who else did you know me by? I am really confused. Anyways good luck with the bard, see you in the fields. Oh, msn and e-mail is Dulltones@hotmail.com
13894, Goodbye to the walking ghost.
Posted by Lurdonis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just thought I'd say it was fun when you were around for the times when both of us were actually logged on at the same time.

I swear almost every time I logged on and you were on you were a ghost. Then you'd unghost for a few minutes, and then suddenly disappear from a 'who pk.' Then 15 minutes later
Mernon: Oops!
who pk, no Mernon.
Just thought that was always kind of funny. But I'll say you weren't afraid to die, which is pretty rare these days.
13895, Well alright thats fair enough.
After you die so many times you get to know people, sometimes you dont want to. My girlfriend was Death of course, not many curves except for that damn scyth she kept swinging at me (the second Death, not the wont Zulg killed). So I had to pay her a visit everyonce in awhile, missed my charm :) . But yea, I was dead alot more than I was alive which I didnt really mind, was part of my goal I guess, die of con or age. Age would have took forever and I didnt see myself going anywhere in the Rift except for the guy who would log on by himself get raided killed then retrieve and it happen all over again, but I didnt mind came up with a few tactics from villagers and made a few of my own. Yea, Lurdonis was one heck of a fighter, I remember when we raided by ourselves and got the head, then like four villagers got on and smoked us like a pack of cigarettes (sp?) (I dont smoke and I am illiterate (sp?) ) :) . Hehe, anyways, I was always happy when I saw you on or some other compitent fighter, not that there werent incompitent fighters, just an above average one most of the time. Anyways see you in the fields.
13892, Was fun to travel with you
Posted by Kragnar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So many hours spent walking around with you killing tons of people and defending the rift. Hope to see you in the battlefields again. Good character and friend.
13893, Cant Believe I forgot you and Bazhans, here we go then.
Well slap me and call me stupid ( I get that alot at school for some reason...) Kragnar, heh, you wont believe this. When you were just into the Rift I had a rager app, Tolin the dwarf mace spec you and Zherukin killed over and over. I orignally made Mernon to get in and assassinate you two, but after awhile I thought to myself, naw that would be pretty stupid. So I ended up being the little guy between two giant bodyguards, Kragnar and Bazhans. You were awsome, then you left and I thought to myself, damnit there goes the big hp then Bazhans left and I thought to myself again, damnit there goes my battle crazed bodgyguard, and hps of course. But all in all it was great traveling with you and Bazhans of course, killed a few and at least I died just as much. Anyways hope you have fun with your next char. My e-mail and msn is dulltones@hotmail.com feel free to say hi or something.
13887, RE: (CON) Mernon the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Kierning on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think my two favorite/funniest memories of Mernon go something like this...

1. We were in Barovia, having killed the Vampire Lord, and were waiting 'till daylight (I think) to walk out. We must have both been cursed or damned or something. I asked you about the scar, then kissed you. Looks like you about crapped yourself. hahahaha After that you thought I had a thing for you...which I didn't :P

2. The time in Hillcrest where I was interviewing some Felar, and you and Kyeila decided to come and watch/intimidate/whatever. Then Yhorian showed up, got drunk, and got worded by me. Soon thereafter began the word each-other-fest, including Drizzt, Kyeila and a bottle of dandilion wine, a discouraged Felar applicant, a lithe shadowcat, and Kyeila saying "Orcie" over the CB. That one just killed me. :D

I just wish you would have gotten a more potent offensive form at the end. You stayed on with the jaguar, which I applaud, but you must have yearned for a lion/ram/tiger ;)

*Kierning presses her frosty blue lips to your cheek.*
13888, Hehe.
Posted by Mernon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yea, that Barovia seen was pretty funny, the kiss made Mernon start feeling all giddy and stuff. So then he had a crush on Kierning and was looking for some biomancer creature that gave him the scar, on top of being in Nexus. *whew* Tough stuff. And you have no idea how much I wanted the Lion, I would say a prayer before I went to sleep each night, "Lord just give me a lion...ALL I WANT IS A FREAKING LION!" well, maybe if I had left out the freaking part it might have happend. Oh well, fun times. Hope to see you again. My MSN is dulltones@hotmail.com drop me a line.

Mernon/Lenux
13891, Oops meant Scene. n/t
13889, Ah, I remember that one...
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, while Yhorian drunkenly staggered back to hillcrest with a half-arsed attempt at an archon summoning, pushwance sat there looking indignant and wondering why the silly gnome was trying to feed him pumpkins. I really feel sorry for that applicant now that I look back at it though. Strong of genius wording me out though, kierning. I turned off cabal trusting after that :P

Yhorian
13890, RE: Ah, I remember that one...
Posted by Kierning on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, that's all I had for food. EVER! They were good price, convenient, filling...and I could get my money back if I really wanted to. ;)

And what does "strong of genius..." mean? Read it 3x and can't understand it. heh heh
13886, RE: (CON) Mernon the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, as the rest of team Nexus bows out I guess I'm left more and more alone. You may not have been a great pker but with so few opportunities to bond I can imagine it wasn't always easy. If I were you I would have spent more time flying, flyers can make good scouts and opportunists. You certainly were useful as a scout while you were around and thanks for putting up with me. Don't forgot - pking doesn't have to be it all. As long as you annoying villagers I'm sure its something positive, right? Er... I'm doing something right?

Yhorian, increasingly lonely summoner.

PS - Pushwance loved you, fish steaks were a good move. Keep up the shadowy love! *Nuzzle* :P