Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Xorkiuth the Devout Morian
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=138764
138764, (AUTO) [None] Xorkiuth the Devout Morian
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Apr 14 18:47:24 2020

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Xorkiuth perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:218
138768, The proud duergar experiment is over.
Posted by Xorkiuth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Roled Xorkiuth with two main goals in mind, first: get Morius tattoo and second: join Scarab cabal. On these subjects, failed on both. Scarab cabal for obvious reasons, Morius tattoo... i may have lost the line at some point.

Aside of that, i had great time with Xorkiuth. As sphere Pride developed the character over time, it was very challenging and i kept pushing things to be that way. I took the hints from empowerment interview and tried to apply it to the character the best way i could, but ended up a lonely path, I pushed things to looks like:
- If i have no equals, why call anyone an ally? And i walked/ranked/hunted/explored alone, saved for one rank exception.
- If someone died to me already, why should i loot to make them weaker? I want challenges, and i rarelly looted.
- Never accept help or join to a common goal. I can do everything by myself, i am too proud and offer me help is an offense to me.

I really tryied to roleplay this character, but in the end i lost steam, as i lacked perspectives. I was given a shot at scions (pre-hero), but my times are too irregular to be on the cabal, so i have no regreat over it. It is not for me.

As duergar for shaman's race, i think it would be good as an imperial with black channel. Play uncaballed and with basic equipment it is an issue. Add to that, 95% of the fights against divine/wrath/light weapons and you start to get the picture. On the other hand, PvE, duergar is amazing.

So, big thanks to Morius. It was my first Morius follower and boy, i was surelly surprised. I really looked at your religion from the outside, and tought several times to myself: "its suppeficial". But the context you created and deep immersion you do with the sins, it is just amazing. I regret for the people i invited to your church and did not come with me, you lost a great opportunity to roleplay. Morius, you are great at that. Specially the benevolent/evil role you have. Thanks for your time and attention. Keep rocking.

To the staff. Thanks a lot for the effort you all put into the game. I know i was being watched a lot with Xorkiuth, don't know why, but i was (in a good way i mean here).

To the Immortal who acted as Lich Coprophagous in my Scarab interview, a big thank you. Deep, well developed questions, on religion, dogma, conflicts, etc. Amazing.

To the player base, had a great experience in general. Thanks for mixing it up, fights, roleplay and fun together.

See you in the fields.
138769, had some good fights with you
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
over several characters. once you got your hands on energy drain tactics you sure made things harder. good wins, good in losses, thanks for the fun all around
138778, And how the proud have risen
Posted by Morius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pride is one of the most demanding of my spheres, if not the most. And you, my dear Xorkiuth were wonderful. I enjoyed our time together and am glad you found depth in sin.

I wished dearly to keep you among the Scions, but it demands high activity. Which is no comment about your quality, as I think you were good.

That you took the concepts of pride to heart means a lot for the religion. No allies, no equals, and help is an insult. Even if you lost steam, you managed to come across very prideful.

"And it is a mark of a tyrant to dislike anyone that is proud or free-spirited; for the tyrant claims for himself alone the right to bear that character, and the man who meets his pride with pride and shows a free spirit robs tyranny of its superiority and position of mastery; tyrants therefore hate the proud as undermining their authority." - Aristotle, Politics